Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tube front/ flex fuel rear mount radiator GTO build vsr88/348

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

I have been a huge supporter of the ms3 set up but ill be honest here and say the new terminator x set up looks awesome. I have been helping a friend install his and i have to say it is pretty sweet. Maybe before you gold box it check that out.

But after saying that i can say im with kx i am jealous. Wished i could sell someyhing and get a big bump in cash for my dormant project.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jordoza
I have been a huge supporter of the ms3 set up but ill be honest here and say the new terminator x set up looks awesome. I have been helping a friend install his and i have to say it is pretty sweet. Maybe before you gold box it check that out.

But after saying that i can say im with kx i am jealous. Wished i could sell someyhing and get a big bump in cash for my dormant project.
I don’t think the terminator would be a good fit, as it won’t run 16 injectors I don’t believe :/
Old 05-22-2019, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Started stripping the engine bay, and pulling off useless crap at the same time lol.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gonna be another good one, Chris. Ill be following along.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a Holley Dominator in my car and run dual fuel w/ 16-injectors. I use stock truck injectors as my primary plumbed to the stock tank with pump gas, then I have a fuel cell in the trunk w/ race gas. The fuel cell is plumbed to a 4303 and 210 injectors, and turns on at 50% DC of the first set of injectors. I'm still on V4 but I hear that V5 is much easier for running 16-injectors, I have the old 5.7 dash/screen and there isn't an update for it, so I can't go to V5 unless I get a new dash.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gunters96lt1
gonna be another good one, Chris. Ill be following along.
Thsnks man, this will be the one to top them all lol. Probably going to attempt to take a little brake after after this one 🤣

Originally Posted by 408GT
I have a Holley Dominator in my car and run dual fuel w/ 16-injectors. I use stock truck injectors as my primary plumbed to the stock tank with pump gas, then I have a fuel cell in the trunk w/ race gas. The fuel cell is plumbed to a 4303 and 210 injectors, and turns on at 50% DC of the first set of injectors. I'm still on V4 but I hear that V5 is much easier for running 16-injectors, I have the old 5.7 dash/screen and there isn't an update for it, so I can't go to V5 unless I get a new dash.
Ah man that sucks. I probably should go to a Holley I’m sure. But we have a gold box car already, just trying to keep things the same for ease of tuning and diagnostics, plus there is a significant price difference
Old 05-23-2019, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I changed my mind, think I’m going to do this.
The following users liked this post:
Dragframe (11-03-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love those.

Looks like a great project. Will be following along!
Old 05-23-2019, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man! This project is actually going to go wayyyyyy faster than I thought l. I sold a couple ws6 rollers, a blower and some other random crap and cane up with about 6k to dump into this thing right off the bat, so I’m ready to get this party started!
Old 05-23-2019, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got an appointment scheduled to get the car into the shop and have the 8.50 cert chromoly cage built and put in along with a set of minitubs, with door swingouts next week.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dash is out and ready for the cage. Going to have it painted silver, should look sweet in the black interior car.

Old 05-27-2019, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Turbo, mwc upper control arm mount, tubular upper control arms, and Viking shock adapters on their way. Ready to get the car back and get this show on the road
Old 05-28-2019, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Cwarta,
Nice to see you back in the GTO game!

I remember seeing your posts, car and mods on the other, dead site for GTO's.

I wanted to tell you that I have the Number1GMfan Vic Jr. intake with an Aarons elbow, fuel rails and all that I'm interested in selling.
I have an LS6 intake that I'm considering replacing the above with. You mentioned earlier that you were looking at this setup. If you're interested, maybe we can work out a deal?

I'll be watching closely! I'd love to see a tubular setup on these cars. As you said, the overpriced GTO suspension is ridiculous. This car just needs someone like you to tube it up,
lighten it up and put the right amount of power to it to make it a very streetable and fast track car. Good Luck!

Dan

Oh, wanted to mention that the Vic Jr. fits under the hood with an Edlebrock 90mm TB with small 1" X 1" piece removed from the inside hood as the TPS motor was touching it when shut. Otherwise it fits very well.
Also using the stock Fuel Tank with a -10 outlet that runs into a pre filter, into a Y, to twin Inline walbro's using the stock hardline as a return. Works perfectly.

Last edited by BlwnLs1GTO; 05-28-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlwnLs1GTO
Hey Cwarta,
Nice to see you back in the GTO game!

I remember seeing your posts, car and mods on the other, dead site for GTO's.

I wanted to tell you that I have the Number1GMfan Vic Jr. intake with an Aarons elbow, fuel rails and all that I'm interested in selling.
I have an LS6 intake that I'm considering replacing the above with. You mentioned earlier that you were looking at this setup. If you're interested, maybe we can work out a deal?

I'll be watching closely! I'd love to see a tubular setup on these cars. As you said, the overpriced GTO suspension is ridiculous. This car just needs someone like you to tube it up,
lighten it up and put the right amount of power to it to make it a very streetable and fast track car. Good Luck!

Dan

Oh, wanted to mention that the Vic Jr. fits under the hood with an Edlebrock 90mm TB with small 1" X 1" piece removed from the inside hood as the TPS motor was touching it when shut. Otherwise it fits very well.
Also using the stock Fuel Tank with a -10 outlet that runs into a pre filter, into a Y, to twin Inline walbro's using the stock hardline as a return. Works perfectly.

Damn it! Wish I would have seen this about a week sooner, I ordered a pro flo and 2 sets of rails already :/ Yea I’m excited to do something original with this thing, I feel like it will be a head turner when it’s done, not so ergo g you see everyday. Also I’m pretty sure with the iron block 416 it only weighed like 3250. I’m really hoping I can keep this build under 3200# all said and done.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got the dropout out and ready. Going to fix an oil leak, swap the cam and get it ready to go back under the gto . Powder coating the valve covers, front cover, and pro flow in QSM.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

I forgot about the dual fuel idea when i recommended the terminator. Sorry. I have always been interested in a dual fuel set up. I read alot about it but never thought about using m1 as the secondary fuel. You may have inspired me to make my build more complicated again and do dual fuel instead of huge meth injection. I already run e85 as my primary fuel i wonder how a second set of 210s set up for m1 would mix in.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jordoza
I forgot about the dual fuel idea when i recommended the terminator. Sorry. I have always been interested in a dual fuel set up. I read alot about it but never thought about using m1 as the secondary fuel. You may have inspired me to make my build more complicated again and do dual fuel instead of huge meth injection. I already run e85 as my primary fuel i wonder how a second set of 210s set up for m1 would mix in.
Haha no problem! I’ve also always been interested, finally going to try it lol. Looking like do this hotside In stainless is going to be a huge pain in the *** :/
Old 05-29-2019, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

It's nice having the dual fuel and not having to worry about the crap fuel mileage/black gunk from E85. I just run pump 93 in the one system, and have my C-16 in the other, then the second system turns on when the first set of injectors are at 50%.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well pro flow came in today! Looks killer, little taller than expected lol. I’m going to do the intake, tb, valve covers, valley cover and front timing cover in QSM, along with the compressor cover and discharge. Do the fins on top the intake and edelbrock logo in black, and run black couplers. Should look sexy

Old 05-30-2019, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh yeah, that's look killer in there. I need to keep watching as you progress, it's starting to motivate me to finish mine up haha.

3200 lb. GTO with all that will be a one off and should run very well! Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Tube front/ flex fuel rear mount radiator GTO build vsr88/348