Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks great!
Old 06-24-2019, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 702 Likes on 364 Posts

Interested in what you're doing with the pre-injector.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Interested in what you're doing with the pre-injector.
Im going to spray a small amount of e85 on the compressor wheel, I’m going to do a little testing and see how much it drops my IAT. Probably start spraying around 8# or so, use the gold box to control it. If the e85 doesn’t do much I’ll put a couple gallon surge tank up front and use boost pressure to pressurize it, and use m1. If needed

powder coated my pro flo today, looks gangster!

Old 06-28-2019, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got started on the hotside tonight.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looky what I scored today 😎 iq3s
The following users liked this post:
Marble_Sharp (09-22-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts

So you are going to spray e85 into the compressor?

If if that’s what you are doing, I’d be nervous about a fire hazard. Say a charge pipe pops off. Sprays e85 under the hood. That would ruin your day. Just throwing that out there.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
So you are going to spray e85 into the compressor?

If if that’s what you are doing, I’d be nervous about a fire hazard. Say a charge pipe pops off. Sprays e85 under the hood. That would ruin your day. Just throwing that out there.
Yessir, that’s what I’m doing. Done correctly it should be vaporized when leaning the turbo, and if kept under a certain A/F ratio it isn’t really explosive. So, I’m theory it shouldn’t ever see any liquid e85. I’ll have to see what’s up. Many people do it with M1, and as I stated above it’s really no different than the countless setups running draw through out there, or spraying nitrous right after the turbo etc. I’m considering adding a burst panel to the charge pipe though, for safety.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Yessir, that’s what I’m doing. Done correctly it should be vaporized when leaning the turbo, and if kept under a certain A/F ratio it isn’t really explosive. So, I’m theory it shouldn’t ever see any liquid e85. I’ll have to see what’s up. Many people do it with M1, and as I stated above it’s really no different than the countless setups running draw through out there, or spraying nitrous right after the turbo etc. I’m considering adding a burst panel to the charge pipe though, for safety.

The vapor is more flammable than the liquid. All I can say is, you must carry around a huge pair of nutz. Because there’s so much that could go wrong there that I wouldn’t even consider it myself.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

The vapor is more flammable than the liquid. All I can say is, you must carry around a huge pair of nutz. Because there’s so much that could go wrong there that I wouldn’t even consider it myself.
I guess spraying 2-3 gallons of M1 into the inlet of a 14-71 blower coupled with 50# of boost changes your perspective a little. Back before we could afford intakes with burst panels we banged the blowers hard enough to rip them off the intake, but there was no fireball from the top side of the blower.

Its just something ive been interested in for a long time. Pre compressor cooling is pretty impressive normally. I’d like to try it. Coupled with the fact that it will be set to be off below say 8# or so, if it blows off a charge pipe it will cut off instantly as there won’t be any boost on the map sensor. The few people I’ve spoke with on the subject all told me the same thing, that if you keep the amount of fuel in the air down that an explosion is not going to be able to happen. Honestly I’m wayyyyyy more sketched out by a simple nitrous kit than I am what I’m doing.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cwarta
I guess spraying 2-3 gallons of M1 into the inlet of a 14-71 blower coupled with 50# of boost changes your perspective a little. Back before we could afford intakes with burst panels we banged the blowers hard enough to rip them off the intake, but there was no fireball from the top side of the blower.

Its just something ive been interested in for a long time. Pre compressor cooling is pretty impressive normally. I’d like to try it. Coupled with the fact that it will be set to be off below say 8# or so, if it blows off a charge pipe it will cut off instantly as there won’t be any boost on the map sensor. The few people I’ve spoke with on the subject all told me the same thing, that if you keep the amount of fuel in the air down that an explosion is not going to be able to happen. Honestly I’m wayyyyyy more sketched out by a simple nitrous kit than I am what I’m doing.

Well not trying to undermind you, but I wish you luck. Chances are you may never have an issue. It would just make me nervous. That’s why I chose to just use washer fluid. Maybe that’s flammable too? I know you can still ignite gasoline on water but I’m not sure about methanol in water. Maybe I’m being nervous for you for nothing.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well not trying to undermind you, but I wish you luck. Chances are you may never have an issue. It would just make me nervous. That’s why I chose to just use washer fluid. Maybe that’s flammable too? I know you can still ignite gasoline on water but I’m not sure about methanol in water. Maybe I’m being nervous for you for nothing.
No problem at all! I enjoy the conversation. I know they say to keep the level of meth down in the mix to keep it from being flammable, kinda the same principal imo. I’ll be interested to see what the iat’s do, it may not even be worth it and I’ll take it off, but I’m going to try it to see lol
Old 06-30-2019, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got my speed engeneering UCA on and mwc mounts on.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Chassis shop called, started on my mini tubs and said my 4 link brackets have to go in their current location. So, in order to move them inward I have to hack up the car and run no backseat, I really want to keep my back seat. So, considering going to an fbodys type suspension with the tq arm to keep from having to do that. Fbodys hook good, and I’m familiar with it. Soooo, why not?
Old 07-10-2019, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well we got flooded. Bad. 9” of rain in a few hours, local tows, hospitals, everywhere underwater. Shop where the car is at is flooded, my cars up on the lift, so it’s okay but the shop is suffering from alor of water damage. Hopefully they come out okay.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:22 PM
TECH Veteran

We are facing being flooded in the next couple days. I need to get my car to higher ground. I’m getting nervous. I might bring it up here to work.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

We are facing being flooded in the next couple days. I need to get my car to higher ground. I’m getting nervous. I might bring it up here to work.
My home and shop luckily are in an area it’s not a concern. But everywhere else is bad. Roads, bridges, homes, gone in a matter of minutes. Never seen anything g like this before.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Where are you located?
Old 07-10-2019, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where are you located?
Central Nebraska, around Kearney
Old 07-11-2019, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guys over there are back at it already after the flood! Can’t wait to get it in house.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ordered a set of these from trick chassis, Should make for some nice adjustability.

Quick Reply: Tube front/ flex fuel rear mount radiator GTO build vsr88/348