LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction-9/)
-   -   F-1A-94 vs F1X.....are they both equal as far as how loud they are....? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1920351-f-1a-94-vs-f1x-they-both-equal-far-how-loud-they.html)

stilealive 05-19-2019 09:16 PM

F-1A-94 vs F1X.....are they both equal as far as how loud they are....?

Been watching a bunch of videos....but you cannot really tell how loud a Procharger is.....especially inside the car with the windows up or down. I'm wondering if the procharger squeal is overwhelming inside the car. No big deal at all? Can you talk normally? Or is it deafening.......?

I'm talking about normally driving around town or cruising on the highway. Hard runs obviously don't matter......

An Fbody..........

Thanks.

Detoxx03 05-20-2019 04:08 PM

You can talk normal. Enjoy.

Chuck Brigham 06-10-2019 01:35 PM

I personally find the placement of the BOV to be more of an issue for how loud it is. On my f-body the BOV is down by the passenger side front tire. I swear it sounds like a street sweeper going down the road if its not under boost. That to me is much louder than the actual blower its self.

stilealive 06-10-2019 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck Brigham (Post 20107857)
I personally find the placement of the BOV to be more of an issue for how loud it is. On my f-body the BOV is down by the passenger side front tire. I swear it sounds like a street sweeper going down the road if its not under boost. That to me is much louder than the actual blower its self.

Im talking about the constant squealing you can hear from standing 20 feet away from the car while it’s idling.

But if you’re cruising steady at 40-45-50mph is that same constant squeaking sound ripping through the interior....? Or does the squealing sound disappear after you are moving under throttle? I’d hate not be able to roll the windows up and not be able to make a cell phone call......under normal daily driving around town or cruising at 70mph on the highway.

SELLSZ06 06-10-2019 05:05 PM

Mine is much louder at idle than while driving, the blower gets quiter but the exhaust gets louder

SELLSZ06 06-10-2019 05:05 PM

Mine is much louder at idle than while driving, the blower gets quiter but the exhaust gets louder

stilealive 06-10-2019 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by SELLSZ06 (Post 20107923)

65mph, your windows up.....do your gear any squealing sound. Or just the exhaust and zero squeal?

Im doing a full exhaust...2”/3.5” LTs....3.5 collectors into a merge, then single 4” back to my Magnaflow muffler. It’s my exhaust now except for the new LTs and merge. Go WOT and it’s completely deafening inside the car...... At 65mph just cruising it’s very quiet.

I’m prepared for the exhaust to be sickening loud when driven hard, it is now and that’s what I want.......I just can’t deal with a constant squealing sound while cruising normally.

Chuck Brigham 06-10-2019 05:43 PM

I have true duals and the noise of that is less than the BOV while not under boost. Place the BOV under the hood and I’m willing to bet it’s damn near gone.

Originally Posted by stilealive (Post 20107929)
65mph, your windows up.....do your gear any squealing sound. Or just the exhaust and zero squeal?

Im doing a full exhaust...2”/3.5” LTs....3.5 collectors into a merge, then single 4” back to my Magnaflow muffler. It’s my exhaust now except for the new LTs and merge. Go WOT and it’s completely deafening inside the car...... At 65mph just cruising it’s very quiet.

I’m prepared for the exhaust to be sickening loud when driven hard, it is now and that’s what I want.......I just can’t deal with a constant squealing sound while cruising normally.

SELLSZ06 06-10-2019 05:45 PM

At speed I dont hear the blower, my exhaust is loud with one spintech muffler. I also have a red enclosed procharger bypass valve that is running open but I made a muffler for it with rag until i can do something better. That's is the biggest factor I think w a procharger is the bypass valve, I had the red open valve and that was super loud. I would avoid cops at all costs, now they say cool car, but I cant drive like a dick because it's still loud if I am on it.
I plan to put duals with 2 resonators and 2 super quiet mufflers next

So to answer your question they are loud at idle and the BP valve is loud too, it quiets as you drive but then the you hear exhaust

f8lvenom 06-10-2019 08:07 PM

The whistling a Procharger makes is music to my ears.

ddnspider 06-10-2019 08:20 PM

Where's the almighty 2650?

stilealive 06-11-2019 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by SELLSZ06 (Post 20107936)
At speed I dont hear the blower, my exhaust is loud with one spintech muffler. I also have a red enclosed procharger bypass valve that is running open but I made a muffler for it with rag until i can do something better. That's is the biggest factor I think w a procharger is the bypass valve, I had the red open valve and that was super loud. I would avoid cops at all costs, now they say cool car, but I cant drive like a dick because it's still loud if I am on it.
I plan to put duals with 2 resonators and 2 super quiet mufflers next

So to answer your question they are loud at idle and the BP valve is loud too, it quiets as you drive but then the you hear exhaust

All the videos I watched I only hear the squealing sound of the Procharger sitting idling......while cruising its only exhaust sound that you hear.
The sound of the BV I’ll have to look for video sound clips of that.

stilealive 06-12-2019 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by ddnspider (Post 20108006)

The shop that’s doing it all for me agrees with most....the 2650 will not make the power of the F1X. Both set ups are the same level of install......both are less of a mess than a turbo set up. Both about the same cost. And the highest power made so far by a 2650 is 1,150 FWHP. Not enough.

4L80E is getting installed this week. I get back from China on June 18th. I’ll get the show on the road.....

SLOW SEDAN 06-12-2019 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by stilealive (Post 20108562)
The shop that’s doing it all for me agrees with most....the 2650 will not make the power of the F1X. Both set ups are the same level of install......both are less of a mess than a turbo set up. Both about the same cost. And the highest power made so far by a 2650 is 1,150 FWHP. Not enough.

4L80E is getting installed this week. I get back from China on June 18th. I’ll get the show on the road.....

Originally Posted by ddnspider (Post 20108006)

Sad when a $7k blower can't outperform a $500 Chinese turbo :devil:

ddnspider 06-12-2019 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN (Post 20108664)
Sad when a $7k blower can't outperform a $500 Chinese turbo :devil:

It was sarcasm after all the back and forth in that other thread about the unicorn 2650.....but let's not compare something that'll go 100,000 miles to a $500 Chinese turbos. This is where you reply and say you can buy a hell of a lot of Chinese turbo's for the same cost :nod: :jest:

SLOW SEDAN 06-12-2019 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by ddnspider (Post 20108669)
It was sarcasm after all the back and forth in that other thread about the unicorn 2650.....but let's not compare something that'll go 100,000 miles to a $500 Chinese turbos. This is where you reply and say you can buy a hell of a lot of Chinese turbo's for the same cost :nod: :jest:

Or just say you can get the OEM turbo from Borg for like $1200 that's designed for hundreds of thousands of miles under boost.

ddnspider 06-12-2019 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN (Post 20108694)
Or just say you can get the OEM turbo from Borg for like $1200 that's designed for hundreds of thousands of miles under boost.

pffft....do name brand turbos even exist anymore let alone people use them???? :jest:

SLOW SEDAN 06-12-2019 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by ddnspider (Post 20108707)
pffft....do name brand turbos even exist anymore let alone people use them???? :jest:

Sure, I just got two Garretts. I don't really use the taiwaneese woobois anymore, granted no real problems with them.

blackandgold 06-12-2019 08:53 PM

I’ve got a d1 not an f series, but other than at idle it’s drown out by the full kooks exhaust :dark:

Mike@Diablosport 06-13-2019 09:12 AM

The F1X is a loud blower no matter how you slice it.
Not likely to find too many vids of them crusing on the streets, but they are out there.