Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What is the general conscience of the on3performance Single Turbo kit for F-Bodies?

Old 05-26-2019, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Default What is the general conscience of the on3performance Single Turbo kit for F-Bodies?

They seem extremely cheap @ about $2k and retains the A/C.

Anyone else running them? I was thinking of biting.

I kind of want to do twins while retaining the A/C like the APS kit but that will push me above the HP limit my FLT A4 is capable of handling.
I was initially going to go S/C but for the price, that kit seems hard to beat.

I was thinking of mating it with a stock bottom-end LQ4 with gapped pistons and turbo-grind cam & L92 heads. Thoughts?
Old 05-26-2019, 06:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I hate to disappoint but those kits are not sentient beings.
The following users liked this post:
mop (06-25-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Consensus?
I dont own one but it seems half the board does with no problems.
The following users liked this post:
Marz (07-07-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At glance, I'd say depending on the goal there is nothing wrong with it. The rate it to almost 700hp. Problem is if you up decide you want more. Your probably going to need a whole other system. Unless you can change some parts here and there.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 493 Likes on 380 Posts

I'd say scroll past it and go to Huron Speed for one of their kits.
I've been running their V1 AC Kit for going on four years and it hasn't given me any problems plus their after sales support is stellar.
On3 has no after sales support, once you buy it you're on your own...
Old 05-26-2019, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just wondering, what if I go with a twin turbo but needed to keep it under 700 RWHP?
I have a biult A4 and originally my goal was around 650ish RWHP so the trans was biult to tollerate up to 700. If it blows up I'm just going to convert it to a 6 Spd because I also have an A8 in a 6th Gen SS and my mostly stock 4th Gen just feels like a dog in comparison.

Anyway, I managed to get ahold of DKT performance and I 'may' be able to get the hot side. If not, I hear that going with C5 headers, cutting them and wielding the flange onto them, mounting the turbo's just beside side of the block, BMR Turbo K-Member, ect you can retain the A/C.

If I went the Twin Turbo route, maybe I could just run low boost until I address the tranny and other weak links?
Old 05-26-2019, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your 4thgen probably feels like a dog cause it's mostly stock. ijs
Old 05-27-2019, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 493 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro
Just wondering, what if I go with a twin turbo but needed to keep it under 700 RWHP?
I have a biult A4 and originally my goal was around 650ish RWHP so the trans was biult to tollerate up to 700. If it blows up I'm just going to convert it to a 6 Spd because I also have an A8 in a 6th Gen SS and my mostly stock 4th Gen just feels like a dog in comparison.

Anyway, I managed to get ahold of DKT performance and I 'may' be able to get the hot side. If not, I hear that going with C5 headers, cutting them and wielding the flange onto them, mounting the turbo's just beside side of the block, BMR Turbo K-Member, ect you can retain the A/C.

If I went the Twin Turbo route, maybe I could just run low boost until I address the tranny and other weak links?
Unless your heart is set on a twin setup a single will get you there just as easy.
I'm running a cast wheel T7875 on about 13 lbs. with pump fuel and making just under 700 whp.
With a T56 and summer radial its a handful on the street but **** oh dear is it fun lol.
Find a used Huron T4 kit on here (they pop up frequently) and add a VS Racing Billet 7675 and you'll be set with money saved.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running the On3 A/C kit now for nearly 5 years, haven't had a single issue at all other then when 100*+ temp did like to creep up in stop and go traffic when the A/C was on. As soon as the car got moving temps stayed in check easily.

Know I had seen plenty of threads on people running the non-A/C stuff when I got mine but nothing else on the A/C really. Only thing that I can complain with is the exhaust rubs a little bit but it is on a lowered car and I'm sure any LT setup would do the same.

I can't speak to their turbo, I'm running the Turbonetics 7575 and have put down 748whp on a nearly 200k stock bottom end LS1 on about 13 pounds to the manifold on a low compression setup. I have a build thread posted on it. With the car pretty much becoming just a weekend/nice weather driver have been tempted to switch to a T6 setup or a twin setup and sell the kit to a buddy ready to toss it on his car.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i will agree on3 performance support sucks imo, ive been trying to talk to them about vband i need and havent gotten even a email back. next time im going VSR
Old 06-22-2019, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The ******
Unless your heart is set on a twin setup a single will get you there just as easy.
I'm running a cast wheel T7875 on about 13 lbs. with pump fuel and making just under 700 whp.
With a T56 and summer radial its a handful on the street but **** oh dear is it fun lol.
Find a used Huron T4 kit on here (they pop up frequently) and add a VS Racing Billet 7675 and you'll be set with money saved.
Can I keep the A/C with the Huron T4 kit?
Old 06-22-2019, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro
Can I keep the A/C with the Huron T4 kit?
They have AC and non AC kits. Usually requires pusher fans and a power steering line relocation and of course the turbo k member.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Ran an on3 kit with a pt88 into the 9s...for the price it's a decent deal. Quality reflects the price tho..and the opening on the t4 flange is actually smaller than a true t4.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

I was in your boat back in2014. Bought the CXRacing T4 kit. It was about $5xx.xx for all the hotside, V-band clamps and all. But I already had a Turbo (PT7675) , wastegate , Intercooler, cold side, injectors (127#) fuel system (-8an feed, -6an return), HPTuners, etc.

It really takes quite a bit to get the car and engine(keep in mind, the weakest link will soon surface, whether clutch, trans, driveshaft, differential or tires) in good powerful but dependable state. Just put one foot in front of the other and march till you get there. But don't have any delusions it's going to be cheap or easy.

I absolutely LOVE my 96 Turbo Z28 and it's so dependable, I'd jump in it now and drive from upstate NY to San Diego, CA and back. But it's powerful too. Last time out, drove off the street, onto the track, left it in drive, took off at idle and it still went over 130mph with just 14psi(I've had it to just under 30psi on E85) in the quarter mile. Stock Torque converter, untouched Junk yard 4L80E, 93 oct pump gas, temps never get over the first quarter mark on the gauges
Old 06-27-2019, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

If interested in pricing out one of our kits please email me at: jon@huronspeed.com . We support the forum here, supply a lifetime warranty on the piping, and can be reached 7 days a week with any questions you may have before, during or after the sale!
I can get you into a nice package to retain the A/C for a very fair price. I also see you mentioning you really wanting something like the older APS kit, if so most certainly email me for info on that as we have something new in the works right up that alley!

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed

Search this Thread