Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Single turbo LS vs 605ci big block for drag car ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 09:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Tallpaul640
Sadly yeah we do pay quite a bit. We have to pay for the item and shipping. Then there's a import duty that is the % of the item your buying. And then we have to pay tax on a % of the whole deal "shipping item and customs".

So it does add up quite a lot on high price items sadly
Man you should try it over here in Australia now that one of our dollars, only buys 68 cents $US. And we then also pay 10% of the whole deal (the part+ the shipping price) on top of that, after it's been converted to our money. Parts are literally costing me double the USD price, but we definitely don't make double the money of americans on average over here. In fact some of our wages for same/similar jobs pay less. I work for myself but my point being that, a dollar earned versus a dollar spent between us and America, is comparable. To explain it simply it's like them paying double for their parts. Can they imagine that. (they wouldn't want to) lol

It's messing with my head because I want to progress with my car and i have the money but I'm just beginning to despise it a little as I get older, spending double what americans do to have the same thing. Oh well. End rant. Back to spending (double) money......
Old 07-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I help out with a coupe, we have been 4.69@156 in the 1/8 with a 1.18 60ft, we been 1.10 with a pro mod 76mm, the run down on the car is stock unfilled 5.3 aluminum block, k1 rotating assembly, trickflow as casted heads, arp everything, ls9 gaskets, hi ram, fuel tech ecu, btr custom cam, pro mod 94, th400, ultimate converter concept, for $20,000 in a nice chassis you can go real fast in the right hands