Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any one with a supercharger with wastegate ? Please step in .

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any one with a supercharger with wastegate ? Please step in .

I have a question on this setup. I have a 2200x with a pro 50 waste gate with 4.5lb spring and a Eboost street boost controller. I have some questions, wondering if i had plumbed it right . And how to set the eboost controller . If my math is right , i will be spinning this thing to 62k . Should see 18-20 lbs on a 408. Please hit me up if u have some insite , or u have done this before . Thanks
Old 07-13-2019, 07:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

What exactly do you want to know? You use a wastegate like normal just in the cold side to limit boost.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ran a wastegate setup with my ProCharger. Plenty of Pros & Cons, but that is not your question.

I had my TIAL 45mm set up just before the IC ( no need to cool boost that you are not going to use). My pulley config. was set up to theoretically hit about 20lbs. I was controling boost through my Holley system. I intended to let the wastegate blow off @ about 14lbs. Before I got that far ( and while breaking in the new motor) I just let the wastegate spring organically blow off at 9-10lbs. It did work & provided the protection I needed. When we went to the next level for performance I didn’t like it.

At the end of the day I removed the wastegate system due to many inefficiencies. For me & my goals, it wasn’t worth it. Many people have great success, but I am far more satisfied with letting my ProCharger opperate as it was designed. I’m not trying to **** on your project. God knows I didn’t listen to anybody when I was hellbent on creating more TQ in low rpm range & limiting the top end HP for protection. This system has its purpose but it wasn’t for me.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of any assistance.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

I did it, ecu controlled...waste of time/effort.

Run all the boost.
The following users liked this post:
white01ss (07-30-2019)