LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction-9/)
-   -   Anyone ever relocated the radiator verticle on LT1 for more room for pulleys, etc? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/196108-anyone-ever-relocated-radiator-verticle-lt1-more-room-pulleys-etc.html)

potentz 07-23-2004 08:19 AM

Anyone ever relocated the radiator verticle on LT1 for more room for pulleys, etc?

I want to relocate the radiator verticle and up against the core support. I was going to fabricate the lower core support to hold a lowered plate to house the radiator (making it sit lower in the car). I will be having a custom radiator built to for correct specifications. I just want the room for COG pulleys, etc. Anyone attempt a project like this?

1point3liter 07-23-2004 08:35 AM

Hello and welcome to LS1Tech. ;) jk

MEAN LT1 07-23-2004 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by potentz
I want to relocate the radiator verticle and up against the core support. I was going to fabricate the lower core support to hold a lowered plate to house the radiator (making it sit lower in the car). I will be having a custom radiator built to for correct specifications. I just want the room for COG pulleys, etc. Anyone attempt a project like this?

What size cog pulleys are you using?. You should have more than enough room to run cogs on the car without haviing to relocate the radiator. You also might want to try asking this question at www.camaroz28.com Its a little more geared to the LTx platform.

Pro Stock John 07-23-2004 10:47 AM

On my LS1, I have the factory radiator more upright. This was possible since I am no longer running a factory airbox setup. Once that was all removed, it created a lot more room. I could run a cog setup or a 12 rib setup if I wanted to. My fabricator just used some strips of aluminum for the top of the radiator.

potentz 07-23-2004 12:47 PM

Thanks guys and awesome form!!! I have been a member of Camaroz28.com for years. I just really like this form as well and I find it more technical and helpful at times.

I also want to reloacte the radiator because I think it would really clean up the look of the engine and allow you to see the front of the engine and supercharger. I got rid of the AC, power steering and I am going to mount the alternator down low. So I think I could really make it look good.

Does anyone know if someone makes a alternator relocation bracket other than Madman?

Thanks

pmbmax 07-23-2004 10:24 PM

yes i have one

Originally Posted by potentz
Thanks guys and awesome form!!! I have been a member of Camaroz28.com for years. I just really like this form as well and I find it more technical and helpful at times.

I also want to reloacte the radiator because I think it would really clean up the look of the engine and allow you to see the front of the engine and supercharger. I got rid of the AC, power steering and I am going to mount the alternator down low. So I think I could really make it look good.

Does anyone know if someone makes a alternator relocation bracket other than Madman?

Thanks

I have one for sale i make them and can make you one are i will sale you the templit and size of spacers

SJM Manufacturing Inc 07-24-2004 09:16 PM

You can easily move the radiator forward as PSJ has stated. With the removal of your condensor, it will also allow additional clearance.

On another note, our company has been manufacturing LT1 alternator brackets for over 7 years. We use T6061 grade aluminum only and the kits are a direct bolt-on.

You can view them on our site located at:

www.mycamaroz28.homestead.com.

If you have additional questions or concerns feel free to e-mail us directly at sjmmanufacturing@verizon.net

Hope this helps,

Steve