Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

hks bov on ati p-1sc install question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hks bov on ati p-1sc install question

I've have heard alot of good results from guys running the hks bov on their ati prochargers... I just got one in the mail from some rice eaters.p# 1421-SA001 SSBV. I was hoping someone could give some good suggestions on how in the hell to hook this thing up. The dam ricers did not give me a flange of any sort so if anyone has sizes or hookups please let me know.... By the way.... hks has very unskilled and unprofessional customer service skills... will never buy their products ever again... I LOVE EATING RICE!!
Old 07-23-2004, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

You should have got a TIAL BOV
Old 07-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

What are the advantages of the tial bov?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

It's us made.. Built like brickspit house. They have great customer service. It vents about 2x the amount of air of most BOV's on the market.. They also happen to make the external wastegate used by 99% of all of the most serious turbo cars.. In other words the best MFG.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:31 PM
8 Second Club

can you send me a pic I have one i can help but need to see what nyou have
Old 07-23-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by imos-ss 01
I've have heard alot of good results from guys running the hks bov on their ati prochargers... I just got one in the mail from some rice eaters.p# 1421-SA001 SSBV. I was hoping someone could give some good suggestions on how in the hell to hook this thing up. The dam ricers did not give me a flange of any sort so if anyone has sizes or hookups please let me know.... By the way.... hks has very unskilled and unprofessional customer service skills... will never buy their products ever again... I LOVE EATING RICE!!

Flange

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/f...andgaskets.htm

$8

Works with GReddy S-Type or R-Type BOVs
Old 07-23-2004, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, DSM, but like i said, i have ALREADY PURCHASED the hks......this thread is for information on this topic....if you don't have any.... get out of here!!! THANKS
Old 07-23-2004, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey thats uncalled for lets try to keep calm here. If you would have ran a search on these two terms HKS BOV you would have saw this post https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=HKS+BOV with all the answers to your questions in there and even a pic of the HKS SSQV mounted up on my car. I also pm'ed you this info.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by imos-ss 01
Thanks, DSM, but like i said, i have ALREADY PURCHASED the hks......this thread is for information on this topic....if you don't have any.... get out of here!!! THANKS
From the first post...

The dam ricers did not give me a flange of any sort so if anyone has sizes or hookups please let me know..
What was on that link was a pre made precision cut flange that is designed for making upper intercooler pipes for use with either an HKS or a Greddy BOV since the bolt pattern is the same..

Does that by chance look like the flange you need ?

They will TIG weld a tube stub to it if you need to clamp it to a soft tube. If I do someones car I usually run a all hard pipe and just weld the BOV flange to it for a HKS or Greddy.. Tials just clamp to a hardpipe stub...

I answered your question so

Sure try to help someone out with a link to little bits and pieces he may need...

When it comes to BOV's, Turbos and wastegates I was probably tuning them when you were wearing underroos....
Old 07-23-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think this is what he is looking for, it makes it a breeze hooking it up to the IC pipe on the ATI kit. If he would have done a search and read through them carefully he would have found it

http://935motorsports.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=676

You still have to have a 1.5inch pipe tig'ed inplace of the 1inch pipe that on there but hey they don't make any direct fit pieces like this for our f-bodies, imagination is a must.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by frcefed98
I think this is what he is looking for, it makes it a breeze hooking it up to the IC pipe on the ATI kit. If he would have done a search and read through them carefully he would have found it

You still have to have a 1.5inch pipe tig'ed inplace of the 1inch pipe that on there but hey they don't make any direct fit pieces like this for our f-bodies, imagination is a must.
Call RRE... Just say I need a flange like that with a 1.5" pipe on it.. They will make it and ship it to him... They can fabricate everything from entire auto-x cars that wax a Z06 around the cones to a rally car that also runs 10's... They also do little custom stuff...
Old 07-23-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Question- you have an ATI...why not go with a Procharger BOV?
Old 07-23-2004, 11:19 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by frcefed98

J, I didn't know you had a SSQV....how do you like it? Did you remove the whistler insert?

Mark
Old 07-23-2004, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep i've had one for awhile, love it and it gets all sorts of attention at the track. I have the insert that came with it, sounds awesome. The ricers come to check the car for a turbo after I make a run they leave disappointed that it has a lowly s/c on it instead lol.
Here is a pic of it on my car, I got the flange from KTR performance for 25 bucks and had a 1.5 piece of aluminum pipe tig'ed on there for me for a few bucks.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=10868

Real clean and sounds great and you can find them for good $$ on ebay, just stay away from the fakes.
J
Old 07-24-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i mounted mine next to the air plenum. i bought a 2.5'' peace of intercooler pipe had the flange welded and clamped it on the rubber tube on the drivers side
looks nice up there
i will post pics soon
Old 07-24-2004, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Forcefed...got your pm.....little touchy b/c i just got back from vacation with the fam for 6 days....thanks

Quick Reply: hks bov on ati p-1sc install question