Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Whipple 2.3 Bypass orings/sealing

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2024, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Whipple 2.3 Bypass orings/sealing

I've been having a difficult time getting my Whipple 2.3 L92 tuned. Turns out Whipple failed to install one of the three possible bypass pipe o-rings when assembling my system. I placed a call to them and they didn't own the mistake and insisted that seal is a wear item and I should purchase a reseal kit. I inspected the rotors using a scope and didn't see any wear on their faces or the lobes themselves. The only remarkable feature noted was some oil as a result of running about 1 qt over spec. It appears whoever assembled it may have just put a very light coat of silicone on the tube and inserted as there is evidence of a tiny bit of sealant in the manifold.

So now for my question, I received the kit and it only contained 1 o-ring for the bypass. I assume the three milled slots on the tube are for different required heights/applications. When installed, mine sits all the way down. Curious if I should source another pair locally or just run the 1. Whipple has been slow to respond to my questions.

Quick Reply: Whipple 2.3 Bypass orings/sealing