Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

$7000 a good price for Vortech installed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default $7000 a good price for Vortech installed?

Going to get the V9 SQ with intercooler, for the 2002 Hawk. No time or patience to install, so I figured the pros can do it. Is this a good price? If anyone in the Southeast can beat this, drop me a line. Thanks
Old 11-23-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

WOW.... i would do it for $1000 but couldn't tune it for ya.... but PA is quite a drive
Old 11-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Is that price with the cost of the blower also. Or is the 7k just to install it??
Old 11-23-2004, 09:04 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's with the blower. Break it down for me how much for the blower and how much for the install. There is a guy that has a brand new never installed etc he has it on ebay right now it ends in an hour or so I think he would take like $4600-4700 for it new no tax etc. May be you could pm him. I dought they are selling it this cheap and then you could still have them install it if you wish if you lived closer I'd install it for a $1000 also it is fairly easy just alot of stuff and parts.
Jeff
Old 11-23-2004, 09:07 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Here is his Email address Disassembled99@yahoo.com
And his cell phone number (267)257-9574
Old 11-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Launching!

I talked to him, but his kit is for a 00 Ls1, requires a different bracket for the intercooler,and then I need the chip for a tune. What does a tune chip cost you think, and would I run into any other problems going with this model for a 00 Ls1 with mine being a 2002 Ls1. I could save about a grand I think if I bought his, but is the grand worth the headache? Hmm.. So 7K for a brand new one installed...and then headers for another 1400 ... for Hooker coated with SLP Y pipe installed. so around 9K for Vortech and headers with Y installed, tuned, dynoed. Good deal or not so hot? This is a quote froma speed shop in Charlotte.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:53 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

The reason for the bracket is the 00 had the egr stuff the little chicken **** bracket they give you is like made of sheet metal it couldn't cost **** from Vortech. The rest is the same call vortech verify that talk with Steve hell anyone should be able to tell you this really, and if he has the voucher from Vortech you would just give them your vin and they would send you a canned tune witch is a Superchips hand held programer so that shouldn't be a problem since he has never installed it or had to recieved the tuner yet. And you never said what the break down was on the priceing?
The Hooker headers buy they Jet hots they are the same only with thicker material for like $517 shipped and the Y Pipe is optional custom or a QTP has some catted Y's that will bolt right up. It is up to you how you spend your money that is for sure I was just trying to help out a couple of fellow board members I still don't see a problem with buying Disassembled's kit and all your own part to save a few dollars even if you have the local speed shop install the stuff. Have them break it all down in the prices for you. Remember if they are using LS1 edit or HPtunners they will still have to use a wide band O2 on your car on the dyno so just say that is for the tune.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by shippershack
Going to get the V9 SQ with intercooler, for the 2002 Hawk. No time or patience to install, so I figured the pros can do it. Is this a good price? If anyone in the Southeast can beat this, drop me a line. Thanks
It better include everything including tuning.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Does this kit make enough hp so an upgrade for injectors and fuel pump is required or are the injectors and pump included with the kit?

If not and they are needed that's an additional $550-600 ($325 injectors + $265 for Racetronix PNP kit).

Install price locally is about $1000 + $450 for the dynotune.

FYI...you need to call the sponsors for the real price on chargers. The real price is considerably less than the posted price on their websites. The difference between the real price and $7 grand is what's you'll pay for the install.

A well known installer in the Midwest installs a D-1SC ATI which includes injectors, fuel pump, and LSEdit dynotune on a Mustang dyno for the price you were quoted and has a very good reputation.

So the price isn't too bad...it depends upon what you get in addition to the Vortech charger. The missing items add up real fast.

BTW...food for thought. If you buy a kit tax free (out of state) and have the kit installed locally you can save about $300-400 just on the tax (if 8 per cent sales tax). The $400 you save on taxes nearly pays for the dynotune.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:15 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Yes the Vortech kits are 100% complete with 38# injectors and a T-rex inline pump etc... Down to the last bolt nut and washer. I haven't looked but I be the bracket he has would still work to.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hi i am the seller of the afformentioned Vortech 9lb kit. I will give the buyer EVERYTHING i received with the kit including the 'tune' but; there's a problem with the 'tune'. The tune comes in the form of a Superchips tuning apparatus that locks every 'tuner' to the ORIGINAL purchaser's VIN. So, the superchips tune is basically worthless to anyone else but me unless if the buyer has access to HPtuners. I could easily put the tune on my car, pull it out of my PCM with hptuners, and copy it to the buyer or, anyone else for that matter, who so desired it.

Oh BTW thanks Inspector for all the props and help!

Greg

Last edited by disassembled; 11-24-2004 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:03 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Hey greg did they already send you the tuner? Cause with my kit I had to call and give them my recipt information and then they overnighted the tuner to me it is like a Hypertech and you can install it or remove it as often as you like no other adjustability and the only other mod they would tune for was headers. So what I was saying is you could give all your info and shippers VIN and etc... Just a thought. Just got to know how to work the system etc. You could even tell Vortech that you bought a newer car like an 02 etc you see where I am goin with that ya'll would need to get the different bracket for the non egr car anyway etc.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:33 AM
10 Second Club

is this the polished kit or satin? if its the polished kit(~$5500) and its installed with tuning then that's bout right.

What shop is gonna do it?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:34 AM
10 Second Club

Try giving Norris Motorsports/Next Level Performance a call, he did my install, they are in Florida , if you're willing to make the drive he'll do a good job on your car. Tell em Jeff with the SOM SS sent ya.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Hey greg did they already send you the tuner? Cause with my kit I had to call and give them my recipt information and then they overnighted the tuner to me it is like a Hypertech and you can install it or remove it as often as you like no other adjustability and the only other mod they would tune for was headers. So what I was saying is you could give all your info and shippers VIN and etc... Just a thought. Just got to know how to work the system etc. You could even tell Vortech that you bought a newer car like an 02 etc you see where I am goin with that ya'll would need to get the different bracket for the non egr car anyway etc.

Yes, i already have the tuner and the warranty in my name since i was planning on installing this kit before i left for a military school in september. BTW I wouldn't have a problem taking care of any warranty or any other issues. I think i already told him I would foot the bill for the bracket since it is the only different piece for these kits. Oh, to whomever asked, yes, it is the polished kit and the cheapest i've seen them new at is $5800, so i think my price of $4600 + shipping is more than fair. Like i said, i can easily convert the tune to an HPtuners file but he would have to buy the software (which i strongly recommend, especially that the enhanced version can be used with wideband 02) or find someone that has the software for an 02' already and see if he can borrow it.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:34 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Well, assuming the blower with intercooler is $6000, Vortech estimates about 20 hours to install. So $7000 sounds in the ballpark.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

since the kit is already registered to someone else with the vin, you would have a tough time getting the warranty registered with Vortech. You have to show proof of receipt to Vortech, better off buying the kit new for piece of mind JUST IN CASE something happens
Old 11-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
since the kit is already registered to someone else with the vin, you would have a tough time getting the warranty registered with Vortech. You have to show proof of receipt to Vortech, better off buying the kit new for piece of mind JUST IN CASE something happens
I was thinking along the same lines. How far down in Florida is that shop you were suggesting? Not afraid of spending a little more for peace of mind and less hassle. So it seems like $7000 for everything installed and tuned is a decent price for a polished V9 SQ with cooler? Anyone know of a place in SC that installs? Seems to me that the only certified install places Vortech gave me are in Charlotte and Atlanta. Thanks for the advice!
Old 11-24-2004, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Norris Motorsports is located in Orlando,Fl about a half days drive for ya. Norris is a sponsor here, he does good work.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:40 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Well I have not added up how much you might save, but if money is not a real issue then just get the new one for piece of mind.

Quick Reply: $7000 a good price for Vortech installed?