Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ALRIGHT!!!! time for FI!! Help me out here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 06:18 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALRIGHT!!!! time for FI!! Help me out here!

Okay guys, just came into some cash, looking to get some kind of FI device. I really like the procharger devices, but I really dont know as much about all of this as I should. so please help me out, let me know what I need to do to do it RIGHT.

Everything on my car is essentially stock, so I need to know what to upgrade, what parts to do it with, and how much I should be looking to spend. THANKS in advance.

BRADFORD
Old 02-21-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Man there is alot of information about prochargers if u did a good search. I have one and its awsome. I drive the car daily with no problems. U will need the basic stuff which are injectors, fuel pump, good tune and u will be set if u are planning to run no more than 8psi for extra safety. If u want more boost u will have to get a forged bottom end and most likely a better fuel system for the added power. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Go with STS!! Look at my sig cant get any beter than that!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1998camaroz28
Okay guys, just came into some cash, looking to get some kind of FI device. I really like the procharger devices, but I really dont know as much about all of this as I should. so please help me out, let me know what I need to do to do it RIGHT.

Everything on my car is essentially stock, so I need to know what to upgrade, what parts to do it with, and how much I should be looking to spend. THANKS in advance.

BRADFORD
Go with Phamspeed or PTK. PTK is a complete kit and will put up great numbers. Phamspeed you'll need to fab up the cold side but it is easy. Or you can keep it simple and make great HP with STS.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree with the phamspeed or sts. both cost less than the procharger and theyre turbos, which means less parasitic loss.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

All depends on how much power you want to make and what your budget is.

Jose
Old 02-21-2005, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

At the moment? Phram or ProTurboKits. Turbos are the only way to fly.

Of course you will have to upgrade the inturnals some as well.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I also advocate turbocharging over supercharging.
as mentioned before budget and goals are important before anyone can give you good advice

...but here's a start
what do you say guys? about 20K to do it right?

fuel system
built motor
transmission and rearend
you will need a way to tune it (either a program or standalone)
labor--can you do everything yourself if you can it will make things much cheaper

It cost me about 6K when it was all said and one to get a turbotech 60-1 kit put on the car it and that was with picking up a used kit for 3500.

do yourself a favor pick up a copy of maximum boost and read it if you are even remotely thinking about a turbo

my .02
gary
Old 02-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Call us, we can help with the F1. Also, may have take off parts, since our stuff is all F2 now. Know we sold some of it, but may have some stuff left. We used F1 R's to make 1000+ HP on LS1 and can tell you where the problems are that you will encounter at different power levels between stock and 1000 hp. May also have some take-off axle assemblies and other parts you'll need. We're upgrading our cars for higher power levels.

We're also a Procharger distributor and so get some pretty good prices on that stuff.

Hardcore Motorsports
810-787-2960

weracehardcore.com
Old 02-24-2005, 01:03 AM
11 Second Club

i just bought a vortech. its similiar to the ATI i guess but i spent around $10000 on everything including install and dyno tune. i bought tons of stuff in addition to the SC so everything will last longer.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1998camaroz28

BRADFORD
IMO, Tuning will be easier with the supercharger setup because boost is directly related to RPM, and you will want to stay with the Air to Air front mounted intercooler so when you go to spend your money, get a FMIC and blower head unit with BOV, and then build your pluming. Use the shortest route to the Throttle Body. The two dinky IC's that come with D-1SC kit do not get it done. A D-1SC on a stock bottom end is worth between 475-550. Very streetable.

Benifits come from a cam setup to work with a blown application with more duration on the exhaust side, and long tube headers.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

Any way you go will make good power. I would say if you want BIG power potential down the road(If your like me, you always want more) Go with a front mount turbo or F1 Procharger. If you don't do this, There is a 90% probability that you will blow money down the road having to upgrade. I heard there is a guy on here that runs a F1, His name starts with a "B" or something, I heard it will squeek the tires pretty good.
For what its worth, If you do the work yourself and you price shop, You can do a twin setup cheap. A full race Twin turbo setup with forged motor buildup and building 321 headers cost me less then $8000 complete. If you want real cheap and only about 5-700hp, go with a nice used D1 or a big STS kit. It all depends what you goals and budget are.

Quick Reply: ALRIGHT!!!! time for FI!! Help me out here!