Buyer BEWARE: Questions to consider when buying a turbo kit (You should read) - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Buyer BEWARE: Questions to consider when buying a turbo kit (You should read)

Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Buyer BEWARE: Questions to consider when buying a turbo kit (You should read)

Old 03-01-2009, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

This is awesome info!! Thanks guys! I'm looking to go forced air induction sometime this year and this sticky definately helped me out....thanks for the look out! I love this site!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WSsixed View Post
I orderd a kit from them! All there stuff looks cool and they do always answer the phone! I just hope it doesnt take forever to get all my parts!
i as well orderd the kit but i got the stage 1 will up grade later, but ther parts are quality. its just the parts where sent in bundles and it took a year for all the parts to be complete my car is actually in the shop right now at forced fed performance in sacramento. i was told that the small garrett 60mm (70a/r /.96)would push 500rwhp numbers with a stock ls1 is that true with 8 pounds? i hope they dont have to do any fab or major cutting or im f'd
Old 03-08-2009, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Does anyone have any experience with the hp performance turbo kit for the f-body? Because I know they have a good rep in the mustang world, which is why I ordered a kit from them. But it has been two months like they quoted me. And now they are saying mid September I hope they donít just keep pushing it back. Just today I cancelled the turbo, fuel pump, injector, bov etc because Iíd like to change it up a little. Maybe that will speed it up a little too.
Update: I'm still waiting and its been 9 months. I havnt even seen one part yet! They told me it will ship this tuesday, but I don't think I beleave them.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by _916ls1z28_ View Post
i as well orderd the kit but i got the stage 1 will up grade later, but ther parts are quality. its just the parts where sent in bundles and it took a year for all the parts to be complete my car is actually in the shop right now at forced fed performance in sacramento. i was told that the small garrett 60mm (70a/r /.96)would push 500rwhp numbers with a stock ls1 is that true with 8 pounds? i hope they dont have to do any fab or major cutting or im f'd
let me know how it works!!! Also maybe take a video? Lol
Old 03-09-2009, 04:41 AM
On The Tree

Update: I'm still waiting and its been 9 months. I havnt even seen one part yet! They told me it will ship this tuesday, but I don't think I beleave them.
Sorry to hear that your going through this but I know exactly how you feel. Have you tried cancelling your order and getting all your money back?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:26 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

It sounds like things haven't changed there. Check out our horror story.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=26 Bob
Old 03-09-2009, 05:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus View Post
I've been following your company for quite some time now and I have to say that I've heard and read nothing but great things about your business. I wish I would have gone through you from the start instead of all the other headaches I have dealt with. Would be nicer if your shop was closer to Maryland also lol Keep up the great work!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by crazysquid View Post
I've been following your company for quite some time now and I have to say that I've heard and read nothing but great things about your business. I wish I would have gone through you from the start instead of all the other headaches I have dealt with. Would be nicer if your shop was closer to Maryland also lol Keep up the great work!
Thanks, we appreciate it.

We've moved our dyno once, I really don't want to move it again... lol Bob
Old 03-10-2009, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crazysquid View Post
Sorry to hear that your going through this but I know exactly how you feel. Have you tried cancelling your order and getting all your money back?
I seriously doubt they would let me get my money back. Seriously what a nightmare this has been.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus View Post
Wow thats terrible. I really cant understand what is taking them so long!!! I wish i would have gone with the tti kit. . . . . . . . . .
Old 03-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Launching!

let me know how it works!!! Also maybe take a video? Lol
for show!!! now im waitin on the aftermarket a-arms because the stock ones didnt fit but the cars still gettin everything put in
Old 03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

for show!!! now im waitin on the aftermarket a-arms because the stock ones didnt fit but the cars still gettin everything put in
sweet!! Lol I really hope I don't have to get aftermarket a arms. . . . . . . . . . But the way things are going I wouldn't doubt that I do.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Teching In

What is your opinion on the APS kit? I put one on my 02 ws6 and I am trying to work through some issues such as the car having trouble idling after warmup, and trying to figure out a good exhaust system. I just joined so im not sure if this has been covered before. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 04-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Teching In

I had an sts kit on my 2000 ta .whoever said you dont need to do anything is crazy it definately needs a tune and not just an sts tune that you download via diablo tuner and ur stock injectors arent gonna work either most boost i could make without it starting to ping was like 7 after tune and injectors i was runnin 10 non intercooled and most of the time i never even used the methenol.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Teching In

I had an sts kit on my 2000 ta .whoever said you dont need to do anything is crazy it definately needs a tune and not just an sts tune that you download via diablo tuner and ur stock injectors arent gonna work either most boost i could make without it starting to ping was like 7 after tune and injectors i was runnin 10 non intercooled and most of the time i never even used the methenol.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Launching!

to keep everyone updated on the hp performance kitt (turbochargedpower) the turbo is to far to the passenger side of the car. so the downpipe dosent fit. so hp is sending me an extension. the crosspipe is to close to the swaybar so im removing the swaybar.also the downpiping is rubbing the temp sensor ,so im getting 99 and up radiator wher the temp sensor is on the other side. the other problem is it is really hard for the shop ffp to get a hold of hp or the other way around . my car has been down for 2 months my bill is at 4 grand alrighty just for this install . i am really stressed and my car is still not ready the reason i got this kit because i seen it on dyno-proven GM LS1 Thru LS7 Performance Parts book and i reseached other peoples cars that had the same kitt they didnt have problems like mines so im lost lol
Old 04-25-2009, 02:59 AM
On The Tree

to keep everyone updated on the hp performance kitt (turbochargedpower) the turbo is to far to the passenger side of the car. so the downpipe dosent fit. so hp is sending me an extension. the crosspipe is to close to the swaybar so im removing the swaybar.also the downpiping is rubbing the temp sensor ,so im getting 99 and up radiator wher the temp sensor is on the other side. the other problem is it is really hard for the shop ffp to get a hold of hp or the other way around . my car has been down for 2 months my bill is at 4 grand alrighty just for this install . i am really stressed and my car is still not ready the reason i got this kit because i seen it on dyno-proven GM LS1 Thru LS7 Performance Parts book and i reseached other peoples cars that had the same kitt they didnt have problems like mines so im lost lol
Oh wow im sorry to hear about all your trouble man! I really really hope mine doesn't come out this bad. . . . .
Old 06-04-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

thank you guys, Lots of valuable information on this site!

so my question is..

What would be the best kit to go with STS or APS? I know APS is alittle more expensive, but the STS sound awesome. The only thing I dont like about the STS is the pipe that goes into the intake assembly runs under the A-Arm.

APS downside is you need a Kmember and its about a 2k dollar diffrence.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

At least you can still contact the people you purchased the kit from, In my case Pro Turbo Systems out of San Antonio,Texas closed the doors, went into hiding with a lot of peoples money. They gave me an incomplete kit and they were gone the same day I picked it up. You cant always believe in what you read. These guys even came out in I think it was Hot Rodding Magazine saying how great they were. Well it turned out they weren't so great.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Launching!

car is still in the shop wow what a nightmare!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buyer BEWARE: Questions to consider when buying a turbo kit (You should read)

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: