Buyer BEWARE: Questions to consider when buying a turbo kit (You should read) - Page 4 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Buyer BEWARE: Questions to consider when buying a turbo kit (You should read)

Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Buyer BEWARE: Questions to consider when buying a turbo kit (You should read)

Old 11-09-2009, 03:38 AM
Teching In

turbochargedpower or whatever else they call themselfs is gone all there websites have been down for a month.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Default Update

Well finally started installing my PTS kit which should be called POS kit that I purchased about two or three years ago, I stated how these guys were rip offs and what had happened. well "Nothing" on this kit fits!!! The Turbo according the them at the time was suppose to be on the drivers side like where the supercharger I had was mounted, well it is right smack in the middle of the motor in front of the Opti just about hitting the balancer, Now the fan wont clear, The steering shaft is hitting the #5 primary tube, The crossover pipe that goes under the motor around the oil pan hits the K-member, the waste gate hits the other piping!! What a truly POS Kit!!!! If you know of these idiots, they use to be Pro Turbo Systems out of San Antonio,Tx, I am sure they are going by a different name building kits out of their garage..STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Teching In

thanks for the heads up
Old 11-13-2013, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

We also had a issue with another "affordable" hot side a customer bought from a company for us to install on his car. You could see light thru the welds. It also hit the balancer. True junk that we trashed and built a custom stainless piece for him. If its cheap, there's a reason. People don't put time and quality into things and give them away. Get what you pay for.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

Not sure if this is a repost but its important. Must remove braided mesh from inside flex joints pre turbo! They can collapse in and destroy a turbo.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:25 AM

There are so many turbo resources out there, my head is spinning. Add to that it's my first forced induction build AND I haven't hot-rodded anything since the late 1970's. So, I have a lot of catching up to do. Oh, one thing I ran across, and I'm not sure if the guys here are aware of it, is a decent educational book that gives a guy the basics about turbos. It's called Maximum Boost. Here's a link to a pdf of it:

http://www.fusca.net/wp-content/uplo...imum_boost.pdf

The internet is a resource that has both its good and bad side, but I'm trying to stay away from simply accepting someone else's advice, and instead keep researching to both educate myself and expose myself to a lot of options, with the hopes that I'll be able to sort out what to do. Another avenue I've been chasing is hooking up with local hot rodders and tune shops. I still expect to make mistakes, but I'm hoping that a bit of research prevents any big ones and gets me to my objective. Lol...I just read another thread here where a guy threw a truckload of money at a build, but fell short of his objective by about 200 hp....now that'll leave a mark!
Old 12-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Awsome sticky I almost bought a turbo off ebay. Cheap stuff would have lasted on pass.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buyer BEWARE: Questions to consider when buying a turbo kit (You should read)

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: