Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Everyone who actually has a coated exhaust housing and/or blanket got a ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone who actually has a coated exhaust housing and/or blanket got a ?

Could you tell any difference in spool time? Thats all Im interested in. Im not worried about heat as I have an STS kit. I was dead set against buying another turbo but it seems my current one will be practically useless with my 418. I looking at the pt76-gts or the pt-88. If I go pt-88 its going to be a bit laggy since its a rear mount and it has a 96 a/r housing. I really want that turbo due to its power making ability over the 76, to help with the laggyness I was thinking of getting the exhaust housing coated and a turbo blanket for it. I did a search and there were alot fo people with speculation and saying they wanted one but I didnt see where anyone had in before/after results of just the blanket and/or coating. Lots of people talking about wrapping pipes but none specifically at the single mod of coating and/or putting a blanket on their turbo. So those who have either of them what kind of difference did you see if lag with the addition of either one? Money well spent?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a T76 exhust Housing I will have forsale soon. It has the 2000F coating. It has the round bolted exhust part for the down pipe. I had to swap it to a Vband style.

Let me know if your interested
Old 01-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

No Im not interested Im going to buy a turbo from forcedinductions with the coating already on it and v-band on it already.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

on my gt55 i think i noticed a couple hundred rpm difference in spool. but im a front mount. you should notice a much bigger difference.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have recorded over 100' increase in EGT inside the downpipe, 4 inches after the 90 on a Grand National after coating the exhaust housing of the turbo and the downpipe. Heat=gas volume which= reduced lag....

Quick Reply: Everyone who actually has a coated exhaust housing and/or blanket got a ?