Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Not on the radar right now as the twin turbos supplied in the base F body system are quite large turbos. How much power are you wanting to produce?

Peter
With the 402 ls2 900rwhp would be enuff ! Is that possible with this kit? Im really interested. Ive allready sold my blower kit and have a car waiting for APS love I have everything FUEL and Motor wise to support this HP.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
With the 402 ls2 900rwhp would be enuff ! Is that possible with this kit? Im really interested. Ive allready sold my blower kit and have a car waiting for APS love I have everything FUEL and Motor wise to support this HP.
A 900 rwhp F body would be a real beast.................with the right engine and tuning I think you might just reach your power goals.............with very strong power and torque under the curve.

Peter
Old 03-14-2007, 04:44 PM
9 Second Club

A 900 rwhp F body would be a real beast.................with the right engine and tuning I think you might just reach your power goals.............with very strong power and torque under the curve.

Peter
Thanks Peter for taking the time to answer all my questions. I am going to wait till may and pay you in full or your deposit to get a kit. Thanks alot for you time and patience.

Joe M

Hurry up July
Old 03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Thanks Peter for taking the time to answer all my questions. I am going to wait till may and pay you in full or your deposit to get a kit. Thanks alot for you time and patience.

Joe M

Hurry up July
No problem, Happy to help out. The APS F body twin turbo system could have been released much earlier than July if we used turbo adaptors off the stock exhaust manifoilds to mount the turbos though that would haved ended up being a real issue as the turbos hang far too low with that design and would have required an oil pump to return the oil. Our engineers have designed new turbo exhaust manifold tooling and this has set the time to production. You can't beat a correctly designed fully cast one piece ductile iron exhaust manifold for long term durability and the most efficient energy transfer to the turbochargers. The future looks very exciting for F body twin turbo enthusiasts.

Peter
Old 03-15-2007, 08:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem, Happy to help out. The APS F body twin turbo system could have been released much earlier than July if we used turbo adaptors off the stock exhaust manifolds to mount the turbos though that would haved ended up being a real issue as the turbos hang far too low with that design and would have required an oil pump to return the oil. Our engineers have designed new turbo exhaust manifold tooling and this has set the time to production. You can't beat a correctly designed fully cast one piece ductile iron exhaust manifold for long term durability and the most efficient energy transfer to the turbochargers. The future looks very exciting for F body twin turbo enthusiasts.

Peter
That is why I like the sound of this kit so much. I am an engineer so I can appreciate the work that has gone into this kit. A lot of details were thought through and worked out. I can't wait to see the teaser pictures!!! Waiting sucks! Ha ha.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Darren P
the 4th gen is 1993 to 2002
it includes both LS1 and LT1

The guy who asked about using it in an LTx body will have a large displacement LSx motor in that body.

The kit design is likely limited by the LS long block dimensions, and might well work with an LT car with a LS motor... but may have other fitment issues in that specific circumstance.

It would be VERY unlikely to fit in an LT powered 93-97, and the manifolds would definitely NOT work, different ports on heads.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:16 AM
9 Second Club

No problem, Happy to help out. The APS F body twin turbo system could have been released much earlier than July if we used turbo adaptors off the stock exhaust manifoilds to mount the turbos though that would haved ended up being a real issue as the turbos hang far too low with that design and would have required an oil pump to return the oil. Our engineers have designed new turbo exhaust manifold tooling and this has set the time to production. You can't beat a correctly designed fully cast one piece ductile iron exhaust manifold for long term durability and the most efficient energy transfer to the turbochargers. The future looks very exciting for F body twin turbo enthusiasts.

Peter
Thats good to know. I am not a turbo guru but Im currently updating myself to get up to par on turbo's. I look forward to using your kit and you can bet ill have it installed in 2 days max! I wont sleep till it is done

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 03-15-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

I have been following this kit since before APS became a sponser and it has been thrilling to say the least!

APS says the kit is designed around the 4th gen BMR K. Does that mean it will be mandatory to replace your factory k-member with an aftermarket K upon installation of the APS system?

Any other mandatory part swaps / replacements to know about?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

I know I probably shouldnt even consider going FI right now and wont be one of the first 30, but what all would I need put this kit on my car other than a BMR Kmember and tuning of course to have it running? I know I'll probably need injetors and fuel pump but what else. Also could I put it on a pretty much stock 98 Camaro?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
I know I probably shouldnt even consider going FI right now and wont be one of the first 30, but what all would I need put this kit on my car other than a BMR Kmember and tuning of course to have it running? I know I'll probably need injetors and fuel pump but what else. Also could I put it on a pretty much stock 98 Camaro?
When doing forced induction you should ALWAYS upgrade your driveline first. The clutch and the rear IMHO. You can do the rear later but it will be on borrowed time if your on a m6 and a tire. The fuel system is a BIG factor. The better question you should ask yourself is what are Your goals. That way you dont get it all together and break something right off the bat. Dont ask me how I know that
Old 03-15-2007, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

i want one
Old 03-15-2007, 06:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Hugger Z
That is why I like the sound of this kit so much. I am an engineer so I can appreciate the work that has gone into this kit. A lot of details were thought through and worked out. I can't wait to see the teaser pictures!!! Waiting sucks! Ha ha.
There is a ton of engineering in this F body TT system (our engineer has been on the turbo exhaust manifold tooling design for over 200 hours so far) though the end result will be awesome. By designing specific cast ductile iron/high temp rated turbo exhaust manifolds which locate the turbos in the best possible position we are not forced to locate turbos in a dangerouly low position (you're forced to make huge unwanted compromises when using fabricated turbo adaptors from the stock LSx holden manifoilds) and we can completely avoid having to use an oil pump to return the oil to the pan which saves cost and install time for our F body twin turbo customers.

I will post many pics of the TT system when engineering has signed off the F body project and I can promise you that this system will be ''state of the art'' when released in late July 07.

Peter
Old 03-15-2007, 06:31 PM

you Aussie guys are funny the way yall word things..
Old 03-16-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Addict

By designing specific cast ductile iron/high temp rated turbo exhaust manifolds which locate the turbos in the best possible position we are not forced to locate turbos in a dangerouly low position (you're forced to make huge unwanted compromises when using fabricated turbo adaptors from the stock LSx holden manifoilds) and we can completely avoid having to use an oil pump to return the oil to the pan which saves cost and install time for our F body twin turbo customers.

Peter
Ok thats enough now....we've been down this road before and it is never a good thing and doesn't speak well for either company.

Win with your product, not your words
Old 03-16-2007, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

I will post many pics of the TT system when engineering has signed off the F body project and I can promise you that this system will be ''state of the art'' when released in late July 07.

Peter
And I will save and closely review each and every picture drooling all the while...

Last edited by Hugger Z; 03-16-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Ok thats enough now....we've been down this road before and it is never a good thing and doesn't speak well for either company.

Well said. Let the kits and their pros/cons speak for themselves.
Now then, on with the dreaming and drooling!!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

O' so nice!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

PUT ME ON THE LIST!!! VERY INTRESTED!!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I was simply making the point that turbo specific design exhaust manifolds allow the most pratical turbo position (without any engineering compromise) and I agreee that it's best to allow product to be judged on it's own merit.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Stay the course LS1tech members.....keep the post on track. Nothing too bad about bragging about a kit no matter who is making it. It will be an interesting couple of months to say the least.

Keep up the good work guys and keep posting pics.

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery