Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 06:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hugger Z
Read the thread dude. It is in development and no pictures will be released until May when engineering is done and signed off. The rest of us are anxiously awaiting said pictures!!!!
With a litle luck I hope to have the F body twin turbo web pages started by the end of April and completed by the end of May 07 if all goes to plan.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-25-2007, 07:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
man 11 pages... people sure do go cuckoo over bling bling twin turbo kits that don't exist yet.

i remember i bought a similar kit once.. never got those turbos...

good luck to all involved.. i don't have any more fingers to count another well established company making an uncompromised ls1 turbo kit big hype great price......then failure
Thanks for your positive words.

APS has designed produced and delivered many C5, C6, and the GTO twin turbo systems, all twin turbo systems have been a success in the US market with over 350 COMPLETE twin turbo systems being delivered to customers all over the US within the promised time frame. I can't see how anyone could call that a failure.

Peter
Old 03-25-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

the good luck was to ALL involved.. that includes good luck on APS behalf because I DO NOT WANT to see history repeat itself...please understand
Old 03-25-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by peter@aps
No plans for a CARB EO number though the F body twi turbo system with high flow cats installed should easily meet the federal IM 240 hot engine test that most US states require.

Thanks,

Peter

More info please....
Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Checkmate
They have made a c6 kit, gto kit and c5 kit. I'm failing to see why you think the fbody kit will be a failure.
Lol................It won't be a failure. APS has invested a load of capital to bring this F body TT system to reality (over $120K invested to date) and APS production has already scheduled a 100 F body TT systems into our 07 production schedule with F body twin turbo system production starting in July 07 if all goes to plan.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-25-2007, 10:42 PM
9 Second Club

I cant wait to roast the tires with my twins! Shake and Bake will be there names
Old 03-25-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by peter@aps
The F body twin turbo system is being designed for 98-02 models.

Peter
I think it is time for more pics

How is the IC coming along?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I don't think he is saying they are going to fail, but they have started offering a kit they haven't made/completed yet and Pricing isn't firmly set from what I read. Pete states they hope to keep the price within $200-300 of what they are advertising here etc...I don't dought the product just the pricing and the delivery date.
I have not taken any deposits for the F body twin turbo system as I want to be 100% certain on the price and have a fairly accurate despatch date in mind so I can be 100% up front with all of the guys who are ready to purchase a F body twin turbo system.

I am very confident of the end of July despatch date (plus or minus a few weeks) and I will keep all customers fully informed if there's any change to the actual despatch date.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-25-2007, 11:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by s/c'd cav
you can trust APS , peter delivers

the order for the twin turbo i got from were ordered the same way he is running this 1 , my order went was submitted in january , and delivered on monday 3/19 , originally the my order was supposed to get placed in december , i had some personal issues and peter was able to get me in

sucks you got burned before , but buying from APS the only thing that will burn will be your tires , and the compitition burning their cars down
Thanks for your kind words and over 60 US customers received their GTO twin turbo systems within 2 weeks of my quoted delivery date.................that has to be a US record if you believe all what you read on GM car forums.

Peter
Old 03-25-2007, 11:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Look I am just telling you like it has been, and a lot of people are waiting is all I am saying. I already have my TT kit so I am not even looking at this kit. Just following.
Don't tar every turbo company with the same brush................APS has been in business for many years and we always deliver COMPLETE twin turbo kits..............we don't charge guys for the TT system unless we have the product packed and ready to ship.

Peter
Old 03-26-2007, 05:19 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't grouping you guys with anyone. Just letting the few that were debating what MM had said because it had merrit to be sckepical of things until it arrives because he was speaking from a bad experience he had in a simular sittuation (Incon). And I am aware of your other kits that have been delivered and they look great. I have no real doughts, but was letting the few that couldn't understand why anyone would have any reservations and the reasons behind them etc... Can't wait to see some results from your kits.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I cant wait to roast the tires with my twins! Shake and Bake will be there names
Ha ha! Nice one! Shake & Bake!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My only concern with the kit is if the Turbos really will be efficient on a 427ci engine to be able to run about 12-15psi. From reading the other TT companies thread they seem to think that the turbos being used on this kit will not be big enough to support the claimed 900 RWHP. I know this is probably a he said she said kind of situation, but I have read it a couple other times that the turbos included in this kit aren't that big. I know Peter gave us the specs for the turbos, but I'm new to the turbo scene and all those numbers didn't mean anything to me (I need to see actual data that shows what the turbos can do on a Large CI motor). That is my only reservation is putting money down on a system that I haven't seen any results for to know if it will support my NEEDS...

Also, was there ever a price given for the fuel system?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:14 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
My only concern with the kit is if the Turbos really will be efficient on a 427ci engine to be able to run about 12-15psi. From reading the other TT companies thread they seem to think that the turbos being used on this kit will not be big enough to support the claimed 900 RWHP. I know this is probably a he said she said kind of situation, but I have read it a couple other times that the turbos included in this kit aren't that big. I know Peter gave us the specs for the turbos, but I'm new to the turbo scene and all those numbers didn't mean anything to me (I need to see actual data that shows what the turbos can do on a Large CI motor). That is my only reservation is putting money down on a system that I haven't seen any results for to know if it will support my NEEDS...

Also, was there ever a price given for the fuel system?
Compare flow rates from others with the ones he provided "(50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI)" I would compare it to a Garret GT2876R - 705330 - 1, but remember its not apples to apples and the flanges are different well for that matter the whole Turbo is different, just trying to put it into a little better way of you seeing what size turbos they are, but I guess Pete could go to Presision's or Garrets web site and find a comparable turbo for you guys to see better gauge the size turbos etc... I was taking my bets guess by looking at the flows, but some one who knows the flows like precision or Garret could tell you better as I am an amature at best at turbo sizing etc... Hope it helped and didn't confuse you.
Jeff
Old 03-26-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they are Mitsubishi turbos with a custom housing.

Also I think the 900 hp mentioned was engine (bhp) which translates to roughly 765 rwhp, assuming a 15% driveline loss.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Yes he said they were Mitsubishi turbos with a .84 exahust housing. I can't recall and don't feel like looking through the thread, but I don't remember if he is talking about FWHP or RWHP.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

I have a stock ls1 with a stock a4. Will I explode if I use this system between 6-8 psi? I am pretty sure a stock ls1 can handle that, I am more concerned about the tranny.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
the good luck was to ALL involved.. that includes good luck on APS behalf because I DO NOT WANT to see history repeat itself...please understand
I'm confident that by the time that APS has completed and shipped F body twin turbo systems that the F body market will finally have a reliable high quality twin turbo system supplier at affordable pricing.................that's the only history that I'm interested in.

Peter
Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Nice names for your twin boys.

Peter
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I think it is time for more pics

How is the IC coming along?
The intercooler development is coming along very nicely.The intercooler is fully mounted and right now our engineering group are drawing/modeling the twin bottom intercooler end tanks for the big bar and plate intercooler so the F body twin turbo project is making very quick progress now.

Peter

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery