Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
installing this kit right now on a 06 gto and was wondering if there was a company that makes gaskets for the manifold and downpipes? would prefer not to use copper silicone but i cant figure out what type of turbo they are to try and match a gasket.
I "think" the inlet flange is a T3 style, don't quote me on that though- but it gives you a place to start. I don't know about the outlet. I would prefer a gasket on the downpipe side, but the manifold side doesn't bother me. As long as the surfaces are machined properly, I have run several turbos right off the manifold with no gasket. Hell, a lot of older cars with cast heads didn't even run gaskets between the manifold and head .

I'll look around and see if I can find anything and get back to you.
Joe
Old 04-09-2007, 08:49 AM
9 Second Club

Blower is gone and the car is getting ready for twins
Old 04-09-2007, 06:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz
I "think" the inlet flange is a T3 style, don't quote me on that though- but it gives you a place to start. I don't know about the outlet. I would prefer a gasket on the downpipe side, but the manifold side doesn't bother me. As long as the surfaces are machined properly, I have run several turbos right off the manifold with no gasket. Hell, a lot of older cars with cast heads didn't even run gaskets between the manifold and head .

I'll look around and see if I can find anything and get back to you.
Joe
that will be great. thank you.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

If your turbos are still off, if you want to PM me the measurements on the inlet gasket, I can try to verify that it is a T3/t4 style gasket.
Joe

Last edited by kwiksilverz; 04-10-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

What happend to Peter? I have sent him a pm and no response and he hasnt posted anything on here sense the 5th?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by n2ojunkie
What happend to Peter? I have sent him a pm and no response and he hasnt posted anything on here sense the 5th?
Since he has posted numerous times he wont have nothing to show for a bit. I would sit back and relax. Considering the deposits on the kits will be accepted on May 1st he is probally busting *** to show something on May 1st. Just my guess but Im sure thats what they are doing.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Teching In

okay i have a few questions?

I am building my car up right now and i am going to slam the aps kit on it.
How many pounds of boost would the kit need to put out to hit 800whp??
What should i use to tune it, i don't think i would need a 3 bar setup or would i?

Plus i am wondering i the block will safely hold that power?
It is mostly going to be a 600-650 daily driver for a little while and then once i get my setup complete i will push up the boost and take it to the track.
Should i just stick with the stock block and some stout as internals or should i just get an iron 370???
Old 04-11-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zero_proto
okay i have a few questions?

I am building my car up right now and i am going to slam the aps kit on it.
How many pounds of boost would the kit need to put out to hit 800whp??
What should i use to tune it, i don't think i would need a 3 bar setup or would i?

Plus i am wondering i the block will safely hold that power?
It is mostly going to be a 600-650 daily driver for a little while and then once i get my setup complete i will push up the boost and take it to the track.
Should i just stick with the stock block and some stout as internals or should i just get an iron 370???
No need for an Iron block. Just get your self a built alluminum with a girdle and you're good to go. Go with a three bar just incase you decide you want to turn the boost past 14.7.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

APS is closed until the 16th of April for Easter holidays though I will reply to your pm today.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 04-11-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok Thanks I was just wondering. I really want the kit, just havent heard anything. The bellhouseing would be a big deal, the power this kit would offer would be useless if I cant use it at the track and pass tech.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

just think few days more and peter will have pics for us. about time. lol
Old 04-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned

oh and peter make sure you have good ones about the front end. like the intercooller.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Ok, having been burned by the Inall turbo deal of years past I am reluctant to do this again, but this is still the way I want to go with my car. Any way you can guarantee delivery within 60 days of payment, this would be the only way I'd sink this much into another venture; that way I can have some support from the credit card company.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Teching In

yeah, i am dying for something, anything.

I'm so psyched, and i can't wait.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by F-BodyHottie
will these work with race heads on a 427?
The APS cast turbo exhaust manifoilds will fit all GM based heads that I know of.............even LS7 heads with a little porting of the exhaust manifold castings.

Peter
Old 04-16-2007, 08:38 PM
FormerVendor

Will this work with a mcleod sfi bellhouseing for us M6 guys? I know I have'nt installed mine because the stock cats hit it, just wondering about the turbos?
This would need to be checked by our engineering guys..................how much larger is the SFI bell housing than the stock bell housing?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 04-16-2007, 08:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by C Murda
well ive got the ole plastic card burning a hole in my wallet kicking me in the *** if i dont use it....i just am waiting for some installed pics....and to take that leap into FI heaven
We are running behind time a little with the F body twin turbo project though I'm sure you wil see that the APS twin turbo system is a class above any other intercooled twin turbo system when you see the final twin turbo product. APS may well be slower to the US market with the F body twin turbo system though that's because the engineering and tooling behind the APS twin turbo system is very thoroughly considered before rushing into the project.............measure twice and cut once as the old saying goes.

Peter
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by todd4168
That sounds very nice peter.
Thanks and I'm sure that you will really like the engineering models/pics of the APS F body intercooler system................I hope to post pics tomorrow if all goes to plan.

Peter
Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SStolen
I don't suppose that their will be a Y-pipe included that will run to the factory catback location?
The APS twin 3 inch stainless steel down pipes will finsih in the same position as after market headers so any after market exhaust should connect up to the APS down pipes.

Peter
Old 04-16-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
oh and peter make sure you have good ones about the front end. like the intercooller.
peter if u could i would like to see them too

chris

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery