Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lightbulb

Every motor will not require the same exhaust; and some of us would like to keep our dual exhaust; so I think the remainder of the exhaust should be up to the customer. Besides, a Y-pipe (research and development) and shipping will probably add another $350 to the kit price.
Personally I think the fuel should be left to the customer since different motor combinations will want different fuel.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hugger Z
Sweet! Thanks for the pics. I like that intercooler design. That means something will be visible when you open your hood. And it says Twin Turbo on it. Works for me!
I'm sure that the intercooler system top tank casting will look very cool when you open the hood.

Peter

Last edited by peter@aps; 04-22-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by theblur98ss
Any dimensions on the intercooler?
The intercooler core only or the entire intercooler assembly?

Peter
Old 04-18-2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
A really slick thing would to also allow for interchangable cats
I have those now, they came with the FLP long tube headers.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:35 PM

Are you designing any bungs on the inlet piping so someone can drill and tap for maybe a nitrous dry shot?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
peter. u said you were running behind. does that mean you still want the 1000 down first of may and will you still be able to deliver in july sometime. or further back?
I think it would be wise to pay your deposit in early to mid May at the latest if you want to ensure getting into this $5495 deal inc free door to door air freight as I expect that all of the F body twin turbo systems will be sold (spoken for) with a few weeks of APS taking deposits. I feel the despatch date may need to be pushed back a few weeks to around the middle of August as we are currently running approximately 2 weeks behind on the F body twin turbo project.

Thanks,

Peter

Last edited by peter@aps; 04-19-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Looking good...
Thanks and I'm now starting to get very excited with the F body twin turbo project...............it's going to be awesome when completed.

Peter
Old 04-18-2007, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by zero_proto
I am going with a 346, i am getting the engine sleeved also, so down the line maybe more cubes, but for now i am sticking with the stock cubes. I don't want a single thing to break i want that sucker to be stout.
You don't need big cubes to make a relaible 800 rwhp.............If I were you I would build a high flow 346 cube engine and run around 18 PSI, all good.

Originally Posted by zero_proto
I love the intercooler pic, oh and i am going to run the exhaust out in front each rear wheel.

What would you recommend to quite it down a bit? That way in low rpms it sounds like an exhaust only car or around that ballpark.
The F body intercooler package will fit like a glove and retain the factory AC. I like the idea of twin 3 inch side pipes, maybe you could fit some resonators to quiten down the exhaust /turbo noise. Just a thought.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 04-18-2007, 09:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Umm no offence but really they should make the system with ypipe that hooks up to the factory catback.
I feel that would kill the power potential on a twin turbo engine as the factory exhaust does not have high exhaust flow.

Peter
Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 PM

Is the intercooler going to mount similiar to the way notasponsorturbos have there mounted?

http://www.notasponsor.com/98-02%20C...20Firebird.htm

Last edited by frcefed98; 04-24-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
aps should buy and stock the hooker y pipe that will make this kit connect, and offer it in addition to the turbo kit purcases to customers who want it. it is that easy... or just make one themselves.
There's no point to that when the exact Y pipe part is easily available in the US at a lower cost.

Peter
Old 04-19-2007, 02:11 AM
FormerVendor

Again I have a stainless catback system so would like option to get stainless ypipe even if its optional for aps. The hooker I think can be jet hot coated and wonder if some other ones would likely fit. Its not the end of the world guys and won't stop me from getting the kit.
What brand of cat back system are you currently running?

So far there are serveral things I like about the kit and a few I don't. I like the fact that the are not using scavenge pump for oil. Hate those things.
I know that some fold are not crazy about oil return pumps so that was one of the important criteria when designing the F body TT system................also saves some $$$$ in the cost of production of the TT system whish we allocated to running real TIAL external wastegates for precise boost control.

I am not crazy about the fact that there are not some different turbo choices and that they look like they will use a non standard flange setup so would require adapter maybe if wanted to go with different turbos. But I am pretty pleased in the rated power output anything that can do around 1000 engine hp is plenty enough for my street car.
I'm 99% sure that most F body guys will ever want or need larger turbochargers as the F body twin turb o car will be in reality traction limited not power limited.

I am not fond of having water cooling on the turbos either but BB turbos and most mits turbos do use water cooling. Again won't stop me from buying the kit. Right now would take an act of god to stop me from buying the kit..LOL
Turbos on Gas engines without watercooling is just plain silly imho................a little like fitting drum brakes to a 2007 high performance passenger................makes zero sense to me when you consider the advanatages of a water cooled turbocharger.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 04-19-2007, 07:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

honestly people. who on here has bought a set of headers? prob most of u. and guess what unless u paid for an flp or dynatech system (and a couple others) u had to order a y pipe seperately. it was just included with the headers. i dont see whats so hard about going on thunder or speed inc or the likes website and clicking the mouse 3 times to buy a y pipe if u so choose to go that route. this will leave the door open for the guys who choose to run duals still. figure with how proud aps is of their beatiful products and the amount of time and research they put into designing these products. now say theu do make a y pipe and offer if as an option for this kit. im going to bet its $300-$400 plus shipping it to the states. (lets not forget mufflex and qtp get almost 400 for an ORY made in aluminized) now knowing that any y pipe that will fit a hooker header will bolt right up i bet the majority of people are going to go buy the $150 one somewhere else or have one made locally the way u want it. u r making a huge deal out of this and its really not. i think the fact that this company is putting this kind of time into a platform that has been discontinued for 5+ yrs is incredible and they need to be cut a hair more slack than they would on say a c6 or gto system. ive just installed 1 gto kit and will be doing a second shortly and i can promise that when the funds in my bank account allow i will have this system on my ss.

*rant over* keep up the good work guys!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol at Peter...he is a vendor so he cant really say "get the ***** off my nuts and buy you a ypipe"
I'd like the option of being able to find a hooker ypipe on ebay or used on the boards and not having to pay for it in the kit...i am a cheapskate!!!

Peter, i liked the watercooled part of my incon kit. where will you get/return the water from? I only ask because incon used a place on the ls1/ls6 block....great until i got my lq4 block and it was in a different place and a pain to configure. Just wanted to throw that out there. Can you furnish a ypipe for my ofi kit?
Old 04-19-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

how much is the kit going to be after the intro price??? i know im going to miss the first 50 which is going to suck
Old 04-19-2007, 08:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
i agree you can't please everyone, but you should at least have an option for this 'complete' system to actually be 'complete'

you have to go really far down in the ranks of fi suppliers before you get to a company that has in fine print 'oh by the way you are on your own to get the exhaust hooked up'
There is a really simple option to hook up the exhaust system...............just order a hooker header Y pipe.................lol.

Peter
Old 04-19-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yup, it took me about 30 seconds to find the Y-pipe on the first sponsor I looked at here in the states. I can have a Hooker Y-pipe on my doorstep in a day for 190 + shipping.

Hey Peter, offer to include one in the kit, painted for 400 and coated for 600. Paypal me the money and I'll drop ship it. We can split the profit.. Or they can buy it themselves...
Old 04-19-2007, 08:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Thanks for looking into it Peter
Most welcome and I'm pushing for APS to develop a twin 2.5 inch side pipe exhaust system.

Peter
Old 04-19-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cablebandit
lol at Peter...he is a vendor so he cant really say "get the ***** off my nuts and buy you a ypipe"
I'd like the option of being able to find a hooker ypipe on ebay or used on the boards and not having to pay for it in the kit...i am a cheapskate!!!

Peter, i liked the watercooled part of my incon kit. where will you get/return the water from? I only ask because incon used a place on the ls1/ls6 block....great until i got my lq4 block and it was in a different place and a pain to configure. Just wanted to throw that out there. Can you furnish a ypipe for my ofi kit?
You're a cheapskate and have a turbo system....perhaps you should reconsider what you are doing.

My biggest gripe is you have this beautiful turbo system, polished stainless steel everywhere, and you're going to throw an ugly *** hooker Y pipe on it....which again, is really ******* ugly....Also for your OFI kit, you don't need a Y pipe, it is a single turbo kit in case you missed that part. You have 1 pipe from the turbo back to the I pipe which to the best of my knowledge is supplied.

The QTP/Mufflex aluminized Y pipe is a piece of junk too. Kooks has a stainless Y, but do I really take a chance on a $300 Y pipe? It'll probably fit, but probably also means my car will either hum and rattle to no end or scrape the floor for every pebble in the way (of course I am being extreme, but you get the point)

I don't understand why the GTO and Vette guys get it and we don't
Old 04-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Most welcome and I'm pushing for APS to develop a twin 2.5 inch side pipe exhaust system.

Peter
Dump in front of the tires? Oval pipe like NASCAR uses?

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery