Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
Every motor will not require the same exhaust; and some of us would like to keep our dual exhaust; so I think the remainder of the exhaust should be up to the customer. Besides, a Y-pipe (research and development) and shipping will probably add another $350 to the kit price.
I agree, the Y pipe would add additional cost to the twin turbo system and our engineers believe that exhaust connection back up to the stock exhaust would severely limit the power output of the twi turbo engine.

Peter
Old 04-20-2007, 05:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by peter@aps
I agree, the Y pipe would add additional cost to the twin turbo system and our engineers believe that exhaust connection back up to the stock exhaust would severely limit the power output of the twi turbo engine.

Peter
I'm sure none of us are using a stock exhuast, we're all probably using Corsa, Borla, etc etc etc

Does your statement remain true when using an aftermarket catback system?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
You're a cheapskate and have a turbo system....perhaps you should reconsider what you are doing.

My biggest gripe is you have this beautiful turbo system, polished stainless steel everywhere, and you're going to throw an ugly *** hooker Y pipe on it....which again, is really ******* ugly....Also for your OFI kit, you don't need a Y pipe, it is a single turbo kit in case you missed that part. You have 1 pipe from the turbo back to the I pipe which to the best of my knowledge is supplied.

The QTP/Mufflex aluminized Y pipe is a piece of junk too. Kooks has a stainless Y, but do I really take a chance on a $300 Y pipe? It'll probably fit, but probably also means my car will either hum and rattle to no end or scrape the floor for every pebble in the way (of course I am being extreme, but you get the point)

I don't understand why the GTO and Vette guys get it and we don't

cheapskate which is why i bought the hot parts and made my own cold side..sourced my own turbo...bov etc....i used tial knockoffs...i AM cheap.
My ofi supplied pipe cost 125 bux to get "attached" to my intermediate pipe...it wasnt bolt on and go. If I would have done my own pipe from the downpipe, i would have routed it differently as well. Seems you would want to take your car to an exhaust shop and have a nice stainless pipe made that fits perfectly around your pg, th400, th350, 4l80e or t-56....most vette/gto guys are looking at only 4l60e vs t56
Good luck Peter!!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cablebandit
cheapskate which is why i bought the hot parts and made my own cold side..sourced my own turbo...bov etc....i used tial knockoffs...i AM cheap.
My ofi supplied pipe cost 125 bux to get "attached" to my intermediate pipe...it wasnt bolt on and go. If I would have done my own pipe from the downpipe, i would have routed it differently as well. Seems you would want to take your car to an exhaust shop and have a nice stainless pipe made that fits perfectly around your pg, th400, th350, 4l80e or t-56....most vette/gto guys are looking at only 4l60e vs t56
Good luck Peter!!
I'm not going to argue with you about you being a cheapskate but when you choose an S88 turbo and are hoping to run high 9s. Cheapskate just doesn't come to mind....Maybe corner cutter
Old 04-20-2007, 01:36 PM
9 Second Club

Ill make my own exhaust for this kit. It will be all stainless and coated true duals out the back
Old 04-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Teching In

HUGE shame you can offer us aussies an off the shelf kit like this. whats the go there?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:09 PM

Peter, can you clarify the cooling of the turbos. On the APS website they show to be water cooled, earlier post in this thread says they are oil cooled and will gravity drain back to the oil pan. Which one is it.

Also Boostplanet has an upgrade for this TD06 20G. They will replace the standard 49lb turbine with a 55, 60, or 65lb turbine. Not sure of the cost, but will find out.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98Aggie
Are you designing any bungs on the inlet piping so someone can drill and tap for maybe a nitrous dry shot?
You could drill and tap the top alloy end tank casting if you want to install meth injection or run a dry shot.

Peter
Old 04-22-2007, 05:56 PM
FormerVendor

As soon as I have production parts of the intercooler system I will post some pics for you.

Thanks,

Peter

Last edited by frcefed98; 04-24-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
honestly people. who on here has bought a set of headers? prob most of u. and guess what unless u paid for an flp or dynatech system (and a couple others) u had to order a y pipe seperately. it was just included with the headers. i dont see whats so hard about going on thunder or speed inc or the likes website and clicking the mouse 3 times to buy a y pipe if u so choose to go that route. this will leave the door open for the guys who choose to run duals still. figure with how proud aps is of their beatiful products and the amount of time and research they put into designing these products. now say theu do make a y pipe and offer if as an option for this kit. im going to bet its $300-$400 plus shipping it to the states. (lets not forget mufflex and qtp get almost 400 for an ORY made in aluminized) now knowing that any y pipe that will fit a hooker header will bolt right up i bet the majority of people are going to go buy the $150 one somewhere else or have one made locally the way u want it. u r making a huge deal out of this and its really not. i think the fact that this company is putting this kind of time into a platform that has been discontinued for 5+ yrs is incredible and they need to be cut a hair more slack than they would on say a c6 or gto system. ive just installed 1 gto kit and will be doing a second shortly and i can promise that when the funds in my bank account allow i will have this system on my ss.

*rant over* keep up the good work guys!
Thanks and will do. I'm sure that some guys will want to run a Y pipe back to a single exhaust system though a true dual 3 inch exhaust would be my recommendation for 550+ rwhp twin turbo applications.

Peter
Old 04-22-2007, 06:05 PM
FormerVendor

Peter, i liked the watercooled part of my incon kit. where will you get/return the water from? I only ask because incon used a place on the ls1/ls6 block....great until i got my lq4 block and it was in a different place and a pain to configure. Just wanted to throw that out there. Can you furnish a ypipe for my ofi kit?
I don't have any firm data on the water cooling routing at this time though this will be covered in the F body twin turbo install instructions.

Peter
Old 04-22-2007, 06:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by flash12t
how much is the kit going to be after the intro price??? i know im going to miss the first 50 which is going to suck
I'm not able to say at this time as there has been a huge shift between the US and Aust currencies over the last 2 months (about a 10% difference) so this situation will obviously impact on future pricing unless the the US dollar strengthens significantly or the Australian dollar weakens considerably.

Peter
Old 04-22-2007, 06:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brains
Yup, it took me about 30 seconds to find the Y-pipe on the first sponsor I looked at here in the states. I can have a Hooker Y-pipe on my doorstep in a day for 190 + shipping.
All too easy...........great to hear this. This makes life easier for me.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 04-22-2007, 06:14 PM
9 Second Club

Peter did you get my PM? Please let me know
Old 04-22-2007, 06:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Peter did you get my PM? Please let me know
You have pm.

Peter
Old 04-22-2007, 06:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
You have pm.

Peter
Thanks! Ill call May 1st with my payment.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by onfire
Dump in front of the tires? Oval pipe like NASCAR uses?
I'll let you know once the side pipes have been developed and tested.

Peter
Old 04-22-2007, 09:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I'm sure none of us are using a stock exhuast, we're all probably using Corsa, Borla, etc etc etc

Does your statement remain true when using an aftermarket catback system?
That depends entirely on how much gas flow the aftermarket exhaust system has and the design of the mufflers in the exhaust system. If at all possible, I would run a true dual 3 inch exhaust with low restriction mufflers to ensure very low exhaust back pressure after the turbo chargers.

Peter
Old 04-23-2007, 03:06 PM

Peter can you post a compressor map so everyone that will be buying your kit have an idea of how these turbos will perform.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:35 AM
FormerVendor

Seems you would want to take your car to an exhaust shop and have a nice stainless pipe made that fits perfectly around your pg, th400, th350, 4l80e or t-56....most vette/gto guys are looking at only 4l60e vs t56
Good luck Peter!!
Thanks, I think I will need it. I'm sure that APS will end up with an optional exhaust solution that will be ideal for most guys. Right now I am totally focused on seeing the F body twin turbo system completed and released, then I will think more about optional exhaust options.

Peter

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery