Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 06:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Point being is APS makes some of the best turbo kits around. Fact is there company isnt going anywhere. We will be getting our turbo kits that we payed for. And another fact is they are developing the kits as we type on here. That being said you cant rush perfection.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lythropus
I'm a little confused...you don't even have a kit on a car yet??? And if you do what's the deal with not taking pictures, it's not like your the only one who makes a kit now...
They model their kits in CAD before building. If you read through the thread you will see pictures of the components from the design stages. Once they are happy with the design they build the parts. Those are being tooled now and from the sounds of it we should see the real parts on the car at the end of the month. I can't wait to see it because the rest of their kits are very well engineered and put together.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Default military cusomers

will you ship to military apo addresses?
as far as tuning/hp, there seems to be a difference between europe and usa, any input?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hugger Z
They model their kits in CAD before building. If you read through the thread you will see pictures of the components from the design stages. Once they are happy with the design they build the parts. Those are being tooled now and from the sounds of it we should see the real parts on the car at the end of the month. I can't wait to see it because the rest of their kits are very well engineered and put together.
That's nice and easy to make changes once you find out something doesn't fit like it does it cad but that being said you're saying there isn't even a kit built yet? I would like to hear from APS, I don't doubt they will make their dead-line and don't doubt their reputation. I would just like to see all of the hot side and cold side piping on a car and a detailed turbo spec first (forgive me if I missed it I'll look back through the 37 pages to make sure)...
Old 05-13-2007, 05:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by flash12t
so does that mean ur extending it to 70 kits??
The $5495 price including free door to door air freight will be for the first 50 F body twin turno sytems sold.

Peter
Old 05-13-2007, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bigblueturtle
Thanks I'm golden now!!! I saw the money deducted from my bank account, so it looks like I'm getting twins!!!
Looks that way my friend.

Peter
Old 05-13-2007, 05:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bigblueturtle
I knew the demand would be high... I've been looking for a decent kit for five years. Every other kit just didn't have everything I was looking for.
I'm confident that you guys will be impressed with the performance and quality of the production F body twin turbo system.............the system does package neatly and is very stealth.

Peter
Old 05-13-2007, 05:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Lythropus
I'm a little confused...you don't even have a kit on a car yet??? And if you do what's the deal with not taking pictures
APS has installed a prototype twin turbo system on the F body and I will post pictures when the production twin turbo parts are fully installed and signed off from engineering manager.

Peter
Old 05-13-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have deposit on the kit and have zero worries about fit and quality. They have a great track record..pun intended. And you can read from gto and vette guys etc.
There is gto APS kit review on this forum heading.

The turbos are tweaked 20g mits turbos. They have bigger housings and should go like Peter says. 1000 or so engine hp from comparing to the GTO kit. For guys that want more than that well whatever. Maybe they will have upgrades and maybe you can get adapters and convert over to big garretts or whatever. I personally think 1000 engine hp potential is more than enough for me and I am a die hard old speed freak.

I like the fact the kit is not using scavenger pump which simplifies things. Non water cooling would also simplify but oh well..can't have everything. The clincher is the kit keeps the factory air .Air is a good thing in summer! The bmr k member is extra expense also but that is also life. As is the ypipe that guess have to buy. And its a tuner kit so you still need your tuning and fuel system.But still pretty good bang for the buck as it comes with decent proven turbos. Big intercooler, twin tial gates,blow off all piping and nuts and bolts.
I look forward big time to my kit even though next spring is likely the earliest I will have it installed in my car. Should be a fun next year.

I did have cold feet on this putting down deposit and waiting for kits to be built. Just went thru that already once. But pretty confident this time around APS will build it and deliver it. And the quality and performance is pretty much a given with their rep.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Point being is APS makes some of the best turbo kits around. Fact is there company isnt going anywhere. We will be getting our turbo kits that we payed for. And another fact is they are developing the kits as we type on here. That being said you cant rush perfection.
I really appreciate your kind words of support and I can tell you that there are a good number of people at APS working on the F body project in order to meet the end of July 07 prodution schedule. The F body twin turbo project is very important to APS as is not letting down any APS customer with a timely delivery. That said, it only takes one small issue with a production part to cause a delay in any twin turbo project. Not that I expect any delay at this time (I am still expecting to ship all F body systems by Mid August) and I can confidently assure all F body customers that the wait for the APS F body twin turbo system will be very worthwhile.

I will of course keep you all updated over the coming weeks with any new product info and pics of the actual twin turbo system.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 05-14-2007, 08:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FERNANDO
will you ship to military apo addresses?
as far as tuning/hp, there seems to be a difference between europe and usa, any input?
You have pm.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I have deposit on the kit and have zero worries about fit and quality. They have a great track record..pun intended. And you can read from gto and vette guys etc. There is gto APS kit review on this forum heading.
You will find many threads on APS twin turbo systems on the Corvette and the GTO forum from happy APS twin turbo customers and our turbo business has been operating for over 25 years and still growing every day.

The turbos are tweaked 20g mits turbos. They have bigger housings and should go like Peter says. 1000 or so engine hp from comparing to the GTO kit. For guys that want more than that well whatever. Maybe they will have upgrades and maybe you can get adapters and convert over to big garretts or whatever. I personally think 1000 engine hp potential is more than enough for me and I am a die hard old speed freak.
I'm sure that most F body guys will be more than impresed with the HP potential of the F body twin turbo system on a well built forged engine................for those that want more power there are a good number of turbo builders in the states who hot rod the 20G Mitsubishi turbo.

I like the fact the kit is not using scavenger pump which simplifies things. Non water cooling would also simplify but oh well..can't have everything. The clincher is the kit keeps the factory air. Air is a good thing in summer! The bmr k member is extra expense also but that is also life. As is the y pipe that guess have to buy. And its a tuner kit so you still need your tuning and fuel system. But still pretty good bang for the buck as it comes with decent proven turbos. Big intercooler, twin tial gates, blow off all piping and nuts and bolts.
No doubt the gravity oil drain system will speed up the install time though the water cooling of the turbo is really a mandatory item if you want long term turbo bearing life imho. I'm sure when you guys see the complete APS twin turbo system that you will agree that there's not another twin turbo product sold around the $6K price that comes close in terms of quality, engineering and completeness in terms of all of the hardware required for the install.

I did have cold feet on this putting down deposit and waiting for kits to be built. Just went thru that already once. But pretty confident this time around APS will build it and deliver it. And the quality and performance is pretty much a given with their rep.
APS has delivered over 400 GM twin turbo kits into the US and the vast majority of customers have been thrilled with the quality, engineering and attention to detail built into every APS TT system.

Thanks for your kind words of support, greatly appreciated.

Peter
Old 05-15-2007, 09:52 PM
FormerVendor

Guys, Just a quick post to let you know that APS is currently developing a drop in twin fuel pump system to suit the F body, similar to the GTO twin fuel pump system pictured below.

More info on the GTO twin fuel pump system on the link below,

Peter

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/gt...sgto-fss06.htm

Old 05-15-2007, 10:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Yes! Drop in twin intake pumps ???.... any idea on a price... estimate?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 05-16-2007, 08:13 AM
9 Second Club

Peter check your email. I need another turbo kit
Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Guys, Just a quick post to let you know that APS is currently developing a drop in twin fuel pump system to suit the F body, similar to the GTO twin fuel pump system pictured below.

More info on the GTO twin fuel pump system on the link below,

Peter

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/gt...sgto-fss06.htm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... WILL YOU GUYS EVER MAKE ANYTHING FOR THE 1993-97 LT1/4 CROWD!!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sure, put an LS1 and this kit in your car
Old 05-16-2007, 05:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Superman09
Yes! Drop in twin intake pumps ???.... any idea on a price... estimate?
To early for pricing now though I will post when I have firm pricing.

Peter
Old 05-16-2007, 05:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Peter check your email. I need another turbo kit
Will do.

Peter
Old 05-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

go with nitrous

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery