Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblueturtle
Somebody answer this for me. If a car is tuned to run on a turbo system at 7psi, what good would it be to run a boost controller? Here is what I mean... I know people that change boost levels on their car while out cruising around. Wouldn't that make the car run too rich or lean depending on where the boost is set in reference to the tuning of the car? Why change it once the car is tuned?

http://www.jscspeed.com/index.html?/...m_truboost.htm
could be for a couple reasons...they could put race fuel in a car which will allow them to run higher boost.
they can have multiple tunes which can just be downloaded to run high/differant boost levels.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not a pro tuner and I may not use the right terminology but if you use a different OS that allows for boost, it can be tuned for multiple boost pressures.

So if you change your boost at anytime the PCM along with the New OS will allot the correct fuel, air, and timing for the boost applied.

Someone please add or correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps TNT and BIGBLUE

Last edited by fil131; 06-25-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can tune with speed density for different boost levels but you can also tune normally and be pretty close if you are not going crazy with boost changes.
Speed density is not the norm in turbo cars from what I have seen. Sure the big hp guys usually run it.

I bought hp tuners to give me the option to run SD. I had tunercat /jet also already for tuning my 96z and it might have worked on the twins but thought hp tuners was better. Still actually a bit disappointed in tuners. It has good forum support and complany support but its so generic it really has not implemented features that turbo guys want and need. Now maybe the ls1 ecu can't do them. The features I really wanted to see are two step launch or stutterbox as its called, anitlag, no lift to shift for stick cars to keep the turbos spooled and mabye some nitrous controls like built in window switch type of thing.

The only way to get this stuff might standalone not sure. At least can log afr with hptuners and would think obviously boost with SD option and you can tune in real time with the expaned maf or SD options. That is handy thing also.

Anyway sure I can make hptuners work for me. Good enough. Not building a track car anyway just a fun street machine.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fil131
Hope you feel better soon peter.

Thanks for the update.

Filbert
Filbert, Our techs and web team are busy working on the F body drop in twin fuel pump system install instructions right now so I hope to have some new pics and written data in a weeks time or so, will keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 06-25-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Both EFILive and HPTuners offer 2 and 3 bar tuning options. Check out the PCM tuning forum for LOTS of details and examples. Simply put, the factory PCM's allow the ability, through custom OS changes from both of these packages, to be fully boost-capable in either speed density or MAF modes. You're going to max out the MAF quickly anyway, so to me is simply makes sense to put it in the bin and tune the car speed density from the beginning. In fact, NOW would be a good time to start your SD tune, and get the drivability at <= 1bar nailed down. Once you install the kit on the car, you're just that much closer, and can concentrate almost purely on 1+ bar tuning.

With the car fully and properly tuned for a certain fuel, you can run a boost controller and set it to (nearly) any boost your heart desires. If you change fuels though, you're changing the rules somewhat. You would need to consider the new variables and set up your tune accordingly.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DanZ28
Thanks Peter, but I did realize it fits with a 4l60E trans like in the picture shown. I've already been down the whole built 4l60E phase and know they don't hold large amounts of torque (I know it's a controversial statement but I've been there) which is why I now have a TH400 in the car. I know guys like me aren't your main target here, but I was hoping you might be able to test fit one or do some measurements. Don't want to buy the kit and have to modify everything .

Thanks,
Dan
Dan, I know we are looking to do a trial 4l80 trans fit up though I very much doubt that we will trial fit a TH 400 trans...............this I will leave to you my friend.

Peter
Old 06-25-2007, 09:48 PM
FormerVendor

Im also interested in the twin pump fuel system, any pricing info yet Peter?

I can hardly wait for the kit to come out.
I should have a final bill of materials and pricing on the APS F body drop in twin fuel pump system by the end of next week, I will post pics and pricing as soon as I have firm technical details.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 06-25-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblueturtle
Somebody answer this for me. If a car is tuned to run on a turbo system at 7psi, what good would it be to run a boost controller? Here is what I mean... I know people that change boost levels on their car while out cruising around. Wouldn't that make the car run too rich or lean depending on where the boost is set in reference to the tuning of the car? Why change it once the car is tuned?

http://www.jscspeed.com/index.html?/...m_truboost.htm
If tuned correctly, changing boost should be compensated for in the tune. More airflow = more fuel, and you should be good to go. Granted this is much easier on a maf based setup, where you can measure the airflow, but a properly tuned 2-3 bar SD setup, will have the same functionality.

Ryan
Old 06-26-2007, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

peter what year is the TA.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:13 AM
Launching!

what size injectors would be needed for 1000HP applications?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Launching!

What will be included in your Twin pump system?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Question !

Peter,will aps supply a base tune for free like the other aussie company will do ?
Tnx
Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rubberduck
Peter,will aps supply a base tune for free like the other aussie company will do ?
Tnx
I believe they are, just something to get you going
Old 06-26-2007, 06:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SStolen
Has APS been daily driving this car with the A/C installed to see what kind of engine temps it's reaching? I was looking at the location of the intercooler and can't tell how obtrusive it is. I've seen cars with what look to be minimal obstructions cause the car to overheat like mad. With the radiator, air conditioner and intercooler in the same location, air is being dissappainted over more area.
We have conducted a good deal of road testing though if you reside in a very high ambient region then I would recommend installing a more efficient radiator.

I'm sure the APS design team took that into consideration but I know how things can get overlooked when you have other items on the list to cater to like crybabies who want a turbo kit but don't want to have to modify their bumper.
I guess different people have different priorities and we try to cater for the mass market.

Also, with the entire mouth of the Camaro bumper cut out, will you be able to see the intercooler fairly easily or will it be tucked way back?
It tucked a fair way back however would be visible if you open up the front bar as you described.

Can you guys remove the firebird panel from the TA so we can get a general idea? That would be fantastic. Then again if it's gonna be black, I guess it doesn't matter. Could you guys leave the fins of the intercooler bare if requested?
The intercooler assembly is coated in black power coat for corrision resistance/protection, hope that helps.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 06-26-2007, 06:51 PM
FormerVendor

Will your Dual fuel pump system be made for US cars as well, I see that the corvette system says it is for Aussie cars only.
The F body dual fuel pump system will suit the F body car only................our development car is a 2000 model TA with a steel fuel tank. Is there any other variant of F body fuel tank?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
The F body dual fuel pump system will suit the F body car only................our development car is a 2000 model TA with a steel fuel tank. Is there any other variant of F body fuel tank?

Thanks,

Peter
You need to build the one for the plastic tanks. I dont need it personally. I have a full aftermarket fuel system. But for other you need to make the bucket like you did for the vettes
Old 06-26-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I thought 98's were the only year with the steel tank?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

I assume that 95-102 during the summer day would probably require a new radiator then correct? What kind of temps do you see over in aussieland?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Public
Could your guys look at http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...dc71013928d151 and tell me if this is possible fit. Goto the product manufacture's site, tons of pics. I dont/wont use brand X anymore and for my street car I wont risk that K member. Flu is hell, get well soon you have a PM.
It's difficult to tell from those pics if that K member would be a problem or not. When you think about it, all of those different brand of K members produced for the F body must be very similar, any one have a UMI and or a byunspeed K member that I could borrow to check out the fitment?

By the way, my flu is still giving me hell.

Thanks,

peter
Old 06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz
Man, you guys must be getting excited! That's how it was when the clock was ticking down for my GTO kit lol. Also, just wanted to mention that if you have been reading the "other" turbo thread and seen the issues people are having with customs and are getting nervous, don't. All the GTO guys got their APS kits within 3-5 business days from leaving Australia. Just saying this because I know I was starting to get a bit worried I'd have to deal with the same crap as the other guys were and wanted to let you know it isn't a concern .
Joe
Joe, Thanks for your kind words of support and APS has shipped over 90 GTO twin turbo systems to the US over the last 4 months and by all accounts all of the GTO guys are very happy with the performance of the GTO turbo system. I know you're very happy with nearly 800 rwhp/rwtq from your twin turbo GTO, catch up with you soon my friend.

Thanks,

Peter

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery