Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Why dont you send me a kit early and Ill let you know!
I would if I could though we don't produce one off systems unfortunately.

Peter
Old 06-28-2007, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Yeah Peter the 93-98's had steel tanks ofcourse only the 98's had the ls1. 99-02 had the plastic tank and they both use totally different sending units or well the 98 don't have a bucket of anykind. I wouldn't worry too much about the metal tanks as long as you have the plastic tanks covered i would think you have 99% of the people covered. The 98 tank is a lot easier to make your own dual intank pump setup compared to the buckets that came in the later years I did my own dual pump install and it workd great although I thought your piece was extreemly nice and if I needed one yours would be first on the list.
JM-Nice wheels they look a lot like mine but with color lol!
Thanks very much for that info and that lines up with what I have researched. The APS twin fuel pump system should fit 99, 00, 01, and 02 model f body cars, all good.

Peter
Old 06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peter I am buying one of your twins of course but now not happy with my new killer clutch. I am thinking going auto and with my plans for 408 or 427 really can't see any 460 handling it. So how can I find out if a 480 will fit. I found a 480 for pretty cheap and think will proceed along that road. Autos do have some advantages. They spool up the turbo at the line really nice with a stall , they keep the boost up between shifts ,they are quiet and very street friendly in heavy traffic. So think its auto time for me.

Anyway have a 460 taking really big power in case the 480 absolutely won't work with the twins.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Many thanks fo those pics. From what I understand the only model F body which has the steel tank is the 98 model F body. The 99 to 02 model F body cars have the plastic tank and the APS twin fuel pump system is designed for the plastic tank, I'm not sure if the twin pump system will fit with the 98 model plastic fuel tank. That I need to investigate.

Thanks,

Peter
Peter, I can help you out if you want. Ship over any components, production or otherwise, document and adjust as necessary, and ship back.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Peter I am buying one of your twins of course but now not happy with my new killer clutch. I am thinking going auto and with my plans for 408 or 427 really can't see any 460 handling it. So how can I find out if a 480 will fit. I found a 480 for pretty cheap and think will proceed along that road. Autos do have some advantages. They spool up the turbo at the line really nice with a stall , they keep the boost up between shifts ,they are quiet and very street friendly in heavy traffic. So think its auto time for me.

Anyway have a 460 taking really big power in case the 480 absolutely won't work with the twins.
Visit the CorvetteFroum, a lot of members there are having great results with high HP applications using RPM Transmissions
They aren't a vendor here, so I won't post a link
Either way, I think a 4L80 is the way to go for almost worry free operation. It'll be exciting to hear whether or not they fit once the kits start shipping
Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brains
Peter, I can help you out if you want. Ship over any components, production or otherwise, document and adjust as necessary, and ship back.
I can do the same to test fit the one side with a 4L80. Send me one manifold, turbo (or a junker for mock up), and a waste gate. It looked like the only problem area would be the WG.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well got a phone call from head of textralia and he is going to give me something to try in my twin disc and hopefully that will make me a happy camper and then might stay six speed but a 480 might still be in my future at some point. So still be good to know if it would work.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SStolen
Peter,
Sounds like I would not want to go to Australia in the middle of Summertime. 113*? Yikes! Is the humidity very bad there?
The humidity gets very high in Northern Australia, APS is located in southern Aust so humidity is not often a problem.

Originally Posted by SStolen
I was enquiring more about normal summer temps around 85-95. Like I said, I've seen other built cars, but NOT fbodies mind you, have problems during average summer temps. I think I would expect any car, regardless of type or modifications to run hot in Texas, Arizona, Nevada summers etc. What temps are you seeing now in Winter? 75, lol.

...Geez, 113!!??
You won't have any problem in 85-90F ambients though once you get over 100F and start using full power frequently then you may well need a bigger rad in my experience..............right now in 60 F conditions the engine takes for ever to get warm and up to normal operating temps.

Peter
Old 06-28-2007, 11:41 PM
9 Second Club

LOL My car is on my lift with no headers. What more could you want for a test fit!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think the main concern, at least for myself living in Houston with 100+ degree summers, is stop and go traffic on the freeways rather than full power blasts. One would be wise to upgrade his cooling system if his goal is to sustain high power with high ambient temps. A couple quick blasts won't make much difference if the cooling system is adequate for cruise and low road speed operation.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fast00ls1
peter does the ta still have the stock thermastat in the car and if so do you think that a 160 stat would help.
It does have the stock stat and I'm sure that the 160 stat would help cooling to some degree.

Originally Posted by fast00ls1
Do you have any Iat readings yet. Are you going to do some drive vidioes like you did with the silver gto and the C6 i would love to see the ta tearing up the aussie roads
Engineering has loads of test data, I'll see what data I can get from engineering next week and then post it for you, it's now Friday afternoon here and I'm away from work for the entire weekend.

Peter

PS-I'll also look into some vids for you guys.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 95zpro
I saw one of these kits on a GTO the other day; it was very nicely done. The fabrication, completeness of the kit etc. was top notch.
Thanks for those warm words.........the GTO twin turbo system should look just like the pic below.

Peter

Old 06-28-2007, 11:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6

What price can a 4L80 trans be purchased for? It does not matter if the auto is dead, just need the auto for test fitment purposes.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Peter

PS - I'll be back in 1 hours time.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 AM
FormerVendor

The APS F body twin turbo pages have been updated for those that are interested.

http://www.airpowersystems.com/fbody/tt.htm

Peter
Old 06-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the update, of course the next obvious question about the twin pump and fuel rail/supply system, is PRICE.

Will you guys work out a discount for those of us who are purchasing the first 50 TT kits from you guys?

No doubt it will be worth every penny for your msrp, but I love it when companies show their loyal customers how much they love us by giving us a price break.

Thanks,

Filbert
Old 06-29-2007, 01:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fil131
Thanks for the update, of course the next obvious question about the twin pump and fuel rail/supply system, is PRICE.

Will you guys work out a discount for those of us who are purchasing the first 50 TT kits from you guys?

No doubt it will be worth every penny for your msrp, but I love it when companies show their loyal customers how much they love us by giving us a price break.

Thanks,

Filbert
I will have a special deal on the APS F body twin fuel pump system. I should be able to post up this information early next week.

The twin fuel pumps system does not include fuel rails, fuel rails will be a future project.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 06-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Launching!

How far in the future?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:51 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by fil131
How far in the future?
It is NOT a big deal. Speed inc,Nasty Performance etc all have the fittings you will need in a package deal to run this.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Banned

What type of FPR are you using with your Twin Pump Fuel Supply System? Is it boost referenced or just vacuum ref?

What injectors with APS Fuel System and why the injector plugs?
Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Cool !

Peter you got a pm from me

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery