Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
Peter,
I noticed that the windshield fluid reservoir is removed in the install. Is the stock reservoir going to be used with this kit? I have a meth kit that uses the w/w fluid reservoir as the meth tank.
I'm sure you missed it Peter, but do you have an answer for this question?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Second Club

Ooops, we posted at the same time, lol

Where does the w/w reservoir go? I'm not sure how the plumbing will work out with the meth kit I have since the w/w tank that comes with the kit comes with fittings on it to connect to the pump.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fil131
So let me get this straight you dont recommend we get this: http://www.airpowersystems.com/gto/f...SLSX-FSS04.htm

Am I getting this correct?

Do you have a Bill Of Matterials on this kit?

I thought the above was all I needed to allow up to 540 WHP?
I don't recommend fitting a single fuel pump to the F body stock fuel pump sender unit, see answer below.

Sorry for the repost..............I'm not able to keep up with all of the questions on this thread.

Installing a single fuel pump into the stock F body fuel pick up unit is quite difficult to do (not impossible just time consuming and you need to be very careful not to break any of the original plastic parts in the fuel unit), for that reason I recommend using the APS drop in twin fuel pump system. This way you have instant fuel supply for around 600 rwhp with a set of 60 lb injectors and up to 1000 rwhp fuel supply if you replace the fuel line and fuel rails.

Peter
Old 07-11-2007, 07:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by flash12t
cuz i rather not let cops (ya cops) know that i have twins under the hood if they ever pop it . . :: its stock i swear:: those arent turbos there just high flow recirculating cats!!
Understood...............I think that would be possible...............officer................all I have is a stock F body air intake!

Peter
Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
Ooops, we posted at the same time, lol

Where does the w/w reservoir go? I'm not sure how the plumbing will work out with the meth kit I have since the w/w tank that comes with the kit comes with fittings on it to connect to the pump.
I will be able to post the full preliminary install instructions later on today............there are plenty of pics in the instructions and we do re-use the stock w/w pump in the new stainless steel w/w reservoir.

Peter
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Peter,

Concerning your fuel system:

Since both pumps will be running full speed, all the time, do you expect to have any problems with:

Fuel "warming" at low fuel levels; due to the excessive recirculation rate during low fuel demand periods (ie running around in the pits, waiting to approach burnout box, sitting in the drive through line at Wendy's, etc)

Fuel pump life; How long do you think these pumps will last? What would be involved in replacing the pumps if one failed?

The reason I ask; I was originally planning to go with a Aeromotive (A-1000), MagnaFuel 4302, or equivalent size pump; with a "Dial-a-Flow" fuel pump controller. This would allow the capacity needed under full throttle runs at the track or elsewhere, but the convenience of being able to turn the fuel pump down under everyday cruising.....to save pump life.

Just some thoughts.

Very Nice Price by the way!!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sixspeed02TA
Peter,

Concerning your fuel system:

Since both pumps will be running full speed, all the time, do you expect to have any problems with:

Fuel "warming" at low fuel levels; due to the excessive recirculation rate during low fuel demand periods (ie running around in the pits, waiting to approach burnout box, sitting in the drive through line at Wendy's, etc)
Good question. Obviously you would want to keep a reasaonable amount of fuel in the tank to keep the fuel cool and this equally applies to all high volume fuel pump systems ofr equal flow rate.

Fuel pump life; How long do you think these pumps will last? What would be involved in replacing the pumps if one failed?
This depends on the fuel pressure you run..............the higher the fuel pressure the shorter the fuel pump life will be. At 58 PSI fuel pressure (plus boost pressure if you are running a boost referenced fuel reg) you should achieve close to stock fuel pump life.............whatever that may be.
The reason I ask; I was originally planning to go with a Aeromotive (A-1000), MagnaFuel 4302, or equivalent size pump; with a "Dial-a-Flow" fuel pump controller. This would allow the capacity needed under full throttle runs at the track or elsewhere, but the convenience of being able to turn the fuel pump down under everyday cruising.....to save pump life.
You don't need to run higher or lower voltage with our fuel system, one less item to worry about imho.

Peter
Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by peter@aps
APS suppies a new stainless steel washer reservoir in the twin turbo system..............should be ideal for a meth injection reservoir.

Peter
does it hold the same amount of w/w fluid?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Understood...............I think that would be possible...............officer................all I have is a stock F body air intake!

Peter

ok along this "stock talk" what about cats. the cops where i live a dicks. so what cats does ASP recommed?
thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Peter do you guys have pricing for the kit I have been asking about soo much?

http://www.airpowersystems.com/gto/f...SLSX-FSS04.htm
Old 07-11-2007, 09:27 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Peter,

I know this has been answered previosuly, I just don't feel like digging it up.

Which turbos is the F-Body getting? The C5 Vette, GTO, C6 Vette, or C6Z06 Vette turbos?
It will be the same as the GTO and C5 turbos. Thought I'd help you out Peter LOL!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
does it hold the same amount of w/w fluid?
That I will have to check and then I will get back to you.

Peter
Old 07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
ok along this "stock talk" what about cats. the cops where i live a dicks. so what cats does ASP recommed?
thanks
I'd install the largest cats possible if I had to run cats, metal matrix of 150-200 CPI density would be ideal.

Peter
Old 07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
FormerVendor

Here's another new pic, enjoy!

Peter

Old 07-11-2007, 10:19 PM
FormerVendor

Guys, Here's the latest link to the F body twin turbo install instructions, there's still a few areas that need final proof reading by engineering so don't take these intructions as being absolute final install instructions, enjoy!

Peter

http://www.airpowersystems.com/guide...ts01_guide.htm
Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

While this kit is beautiful and I'm sure the effort will be worth it in the end; it is going to take me months to put the damn thing on my car....
Old 07-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Months? Why is that? I believe I can do it in like 2 to 3 weekends max.

Whats gonna take you soo long?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm getting boxes at my house like its christmas in July. Wife is like I want to get some boxes. May have to put her name on a few and have her open it and say WOW, your gettting into this turbo thing aren't you. LOL.

Looking good Peter.

Still need to find out what cam I need and fuel system?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by fil131
Months? Why is that? I believe I can do it in like 2 to 3 weekends max.

Whats gonna take you soo long?
I work a lot of hours. This will be my first turbo experience. I take my time when I'm cutting and not real sure about how things are going to go back together. Take your pick, this will not be a fast or easy install for me.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Peter I know you said there were more pictures to be added and it needed to be checked for typos, but I wanted to make sure and ask a few questions since I will be installing this kit myself.

1. Will there be measurements of the cuts made on steps 182, 182a, 181, 181a, 166b, 166, 158. I'm sure there are more, and I'm sure you guys are gonna get it all, but I wanted to make it a point that I hope those measurements are covered.

2. step 154 states to reinstall coil packs and spark plug leads, there is no previous steps stating that the coil packs must be removed.

3. I hope for more detailed pictures of the routing of the vacuum, and vacuum sensing hoses. Especially the breather hoses routing from steps 152 and 153.

4. In step 151 it says the breather hoses must criss cross, is there any way that a picture can be taken to show what they mean, does this mean that the LHS breather hose and the RHS breather hose will cross over each other to opposite sides of the engine and go to the other side? Ie... LHS breather hose from the rear of the engine to the RHS of the engine routed to the RHS BOV, and the RHS breather hose running to the left side of the engine and routed to the LHS BOV?

This just didnt make sense to me.

I appreciate all that you guys do and I know these items will be addressed.

Thanks Peter,

Filbert

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery