Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys should just order from New Era. Matt gave me a VERY good deal and beat everyone'S PRICE!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
From my earlier post,

''APS did not plan on packaging the GTO BOV's in the F body system as the cost is very high of these BOV's and we don't carry these BOV's in inventory (would push the price of the F body base twin system up much higher than it is now) and the guys who want louder blow off valves can easily customize the twin turbo system with BOV's of their choice.''

Thanks,

Peter
So you are saying APS will not sell us the BOV's seprately? Boy I feel sorry for a person with the GTO kit if one fails
Old 07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These turbos are not ball bearing turbos. The vette kit think has more expensive bb turbos but this kit is using conventional turbos modified mitsubishi 20gs. They are still a good turbo very reliable and sure will still spool up plenty fast on our big v8s. You will lose a bit of spool between shifts over a bb turbo though.
So these turbos do not need oil restrictors like bb turbos do and possibly some oil feed only garretts.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
These turbos are not ball bearing turbos. The vette kit think has more expensive bb turbos but this kit is using conventional turbos modified mitsubishi 20gs. They are still a good turbo very reliable and sure will still spool up plenty fast on our big v8s. You will lose a bit of spool between shifts over a bb turbo though.
So these turbos do not need oil restrictors like bb turbos do and possibly some oil feed only garretts.
in a previous post Peter stated the turbos were the same as the vette/gto turbos....i might need to go back and re read that though...
Old 07-24-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Veteran

The vette turbos are superior but more expensive true ball bearing turbos. The gto and f body are the less expensive but still proven non ball bearing turbos.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
sorry peter i ment the upgrade to the other BOV. the one the gto has.
No problem, We have not worked on/looked at a larger BOV upgrade yet for the F body system though I will look into this over the next few weeks for you.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sixspeed02TA
Peter,

Will there be restrictors placed in the oil feed lines to the turbos? I didn't see any reference to them in the component list or the installation instructions. I've read numerous threads where people were having problems with high oil pressures blowing oil past the internal seals of the turbos. Just wondering how this was going to be addressed with your setup?
There's not any additional oil restrictors in the F body twin turbo oil supply lines as we have never had an issue with the turbos on the F body LS1 engine test car.............that said, I will look into the oil supply line ID and then get back to you shortly with that information.

Peter
Old 07-24-2007, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DanZ28
No trick to getting it on, I'm running my stock bellows with my NW TB, it just slid on, it was tight but went on no problem. I think there is barely a difference in the O.D. between NW and stock. Nick W. stated that in a few posts as well, one of the reasons I went with it...

Dan
Dan, The OD on our stock LS1 throttle body is approximately 99 mm so if you have an after market throttle body which has an OD of 100 mm's the APS speed denisity connection hose will fit up without any issues.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-24-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

So you might offer a blow off upgrade? I vote for tial and they don't recirculate as said but they are very high quality..keep me posted. I also like that you already have tial gates. I like tial stuff a lot.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
WOW 77 pages. Peter you have had your work cut-out for you man. Great Job with everything, I think I would of blown a gasket already. No pun intended.
Just doing what I can to keep you guys fully updated on the F body twin turbo project..........recently I've had to o ring my head to keep the cyl pressures under control.

Peter
Old 07-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Coal Mining Director

APS has designed a very nice turbo kit. Attention to detail is impressive.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TNTramair
+1 on a great job Peter keeping up with everyone's questions...good job.
Doing my best though I must say that I am days behinds on my emails to customers.............apologies to all customers that I have not gotten back to yet by pm or email.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-24-2007, 08:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
So you are saying APS will not sell us the BOV's seprately?
We don't normally stock many spare GTO BOV's and I don't remember ever needing to repalce a GTO BOV to date. The GTO BOV (One BOV per turbo system) is produced against an exact twin turbo system production schedule and therefore we don't normally stock this BOV as a seperate item for generic useage. Hope that helps and I'm sure there would be many after market BOV's that you could purchase in the US if you want a a louder/bigger BOV.

Peter

Last edited by peter@aps; 07-24-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
The vette turbos are superior but more expensive true ball bearing turbos. The gto and f body are the less expensive but still proven non ball bearing turbos.
You're confusing the C5 turbos with the C6 turbos and C6 Z06 turbos.
C6 uses DBB turbos, C6 Z06 uses I believe GT35R DBB turbos which are pretty ******* awesome.

C5, GTO, and F-Body all share the same Mitsu 20G turbo.
Would be nice to see GT35R DBB turbos as next years upgrade turbos, but i'm sure the Mitsu will be great as seen on many GTO setups (not yet seen on C5 vette setups)
Old 07-25-2007, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

Dan, The OD on our stock LS1 throttle body is approximately 99 mm so if you have an after market throttle body which has an OD of 100 mm's the APS speed denisity connection hose will fit up without any issues.

Thanks,

Peter
Thanks Peter!

So I decided to pull out the digital calipers and measure my own stock TB and the NW TB. Stock TB O.D. is 3.95 inches (or 100mm) and the Nick williams is 4.0 inches (or 101mm). so there is a 1mm or .050" difference between the two for those wondering .

Dan
Old 07-25-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Ok I stand corrected .Guess was reading the c6 stuff. Anyway yeah those are BB types and 20gs are not bb. I am very familiar with this turbo stuff. Have a big garrett on my 97 talon..sort of a gt30/gt35R cross. and have lots of experience with other mits turbos. The talons use smaller 14bs in the older models. Fairly reliable but at about 100,000 or so miles they are pretty much done but that is fair amount of mileage. Ball bearing gives usually faster spool up and holds between the shifts better. It is also more pricey and don't think rebuildable. I am not overly against the 20gs two of them should still be pretty formidable.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

I was just curious if anyone foresaw a potential problem with the turbos seeing 65+ lbs of oil pressure. I have heard of (and seen first hand) how big a pain in the *** it can be, if you over-pressurize a turbo with oil. I just don't want to be cleaning oil out of my intake.

The only reason I really brought it up was, I was reading through a ton of threads earlier this year....looking at problems people have had in their forced induction setups. Just trying to learn from others mistakes and not duplicate headaches if possible.

If Peter says they're good...that's good enough for me.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:08 AM
FormerVendor

I only ever see around 50 PSI max on my LS1 and LS2 engine. Why would you have 65 PSI oil pressure?

Thanks in advance,

Peter
Old 07-25-2007, 02:12 AM
9 Second Club

I only ever see around 50 PSI max on my LS1 and LS2 engine. Why would you have 65 PSI oil pressure?

Thanks in advance,

Peter
Peter, With a meling high volume oil pump your going to see 70 to 80 psi at WOT. Every motor that I have done from LME we always use that pump and that is the typical oil pressure. Heat soaked also. So PLEASE make sure these turbo's can handle that if not let us know what size of orifice we need. Because I am sure I will have good oil pressure.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

My current motor pins the gauge when cold, and over ~3000 rpm Stock pump, not ported or shimmed.

It calms down when warmed up though, idles around 45psi hot and 58psi on the money at cruise.

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery