Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I agree, that's pretty disappointing. I don't see the worm clamps working for people who are going to be maxing out the turbos.
I was a little disappointed as well, but I guess you can change those easily on your own

I still want to see them include a Y pipe in the setup
Old 07-28-2007, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im just happy theres finally a decent quality kit from a reputable dealer. im not expecting perfection. ill have to swap out those clamps for some t-bolt clamps also but its a small price to pay....just like some cutting and messaging that needs to be done.

gotta love they took the time to produce a new washer bottle though...
Old 07-28-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TNTramair
im just happy theres finally a decent quality kit from a reputable dealer. im not expecting perfection. ill have to swap out those clamps for some t-bolt clamps also but its a small price to pay....just like some cutting and messaging that needs to be done.

gotta love they took the time to produce a new washer bottle though...
yeah, that thing is pretty pimp
Old 07-28-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well we have fabbing but we get to keep the air conditioning that is big plus! And air pump if need be.

T bolt clamps are fairly cheap but guess could add another hundred or so to the price. I will for sure be putting them in there especially on the intercooler stuff that sees boost. The air intakes are not as critical.
Would like a list of sizes needed though for the t bolts.

That washer bottle is very nice though! And is the coolant return.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh I also would like to see an aps specific ypipe I still need to know what stainless ypipe I can buy .Might use a hooker non coated for temp but stainless ypipe is what I want to end up with and why buy one twice??
You can't fab up a ypipe that easily locally.

So hoping can get a list of workable ypipes for the system from either guys that have used them or measuring or something.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

well from the pictures it looks like the down pipes are at the same angle as the headers are so its just a matter of finding which down pipe will fit. i have my Kooks ORY laying around so im gonna play with that and see if i can make it work...if not, might end up having to be fabed up.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I agree, that's pretty disappointing. I don't see the worm clamps working for people who are going to be maxing out the turbos.
While they are not the greatest, they are working for me at 20 psi with no issues .
Joe
Old 07-28-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

So what y pipe will fit this kit. I have a exhaust pipe bender at my shop. May just make my own.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought I read somewhere that the hooker y fits. Maybe search this thread for it.
Joe
Old 07-28-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default time for the "extras"

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Well final instructions are up on the website. Looking over the final instructions.
... I have bought hptuners and am running it already to get familiar with it. While its not simple and overly user friendly I am getting it to work. Planning on speed density tuning likely when go to the bigger engine with big cam and good heads. Leaning now to gt11 type of cam instead of my milder gt 7 lingenfelter cam. And some afr 225 most likely.

I have just ordered 60 pound injectors and have bmr k member ordered up.
Still need to order y pipe and not sure which to get as want stainless ypipe if possible. Also installed nice electric cutout and bought and installed textralia twin disc....
i need to start ordering stuff also. where did you get your:

-hptuner
-bmr k member
-60 lb injectors

also need some 918 valve springs and walbro 342 fuel pump. who do you guy use?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:41 AM
10 Second Club

hptuners - hptuners
k-member - thunder racing
60 lb injectors & fuel pumps - bought off this board in the f/s section
you can get the 918's just about anywhere. I'm running PRC dual springs from Texas Speed.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sixspeed02TA
I was just curious if anyone foresaw a potential problem with the turbos seeing 65+ lbs of oil pressure. I have heard of (and seen first hand) how big a pain in the *** it can be, if you over-pressurize a turbo with oil. I just don't want to be cleaning oil out of my intake.
I'd guess that in many cases (not all) if you have excessive oil circulating around the intake side of the turbos (in the air entry and intercooler ducts) that the engine has very high crank case pressure (caused by inadequate piston ring sealing) and in this circumstance the engine breather system requires an improved oil vapour seperator system.

Originally Posted by Sixspeed02TA
The only reason I really brought it up was, I was reading through a ton of threads earlier this year....looking at problems people have had in their forced induction setups. Just trying to learn from others mistakes and not duplicate headaches if possible.

If Peter says they're good...that's good enough for me.
I have asked engineeering to provide me some data on turbo oil restrictor size...........what size oil restrictor is required at high oil pressure, give me a few days and I'll get back to you on this topic.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-29-2007, 07:38 PM
FormerVendor

Guys, The complete APS F body twin turbo system bill of materils (twin turbo system component list) is now on the link below, enjoy!

Peter

http://www.airpowersystems.com/guide...-tts01/bom.htm
Old 07-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Banned

peter answer my question please
post # 1580
thanks

and i am moving next week. will you ship to my new address?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Peter, With a meling high volume oil pump your going to see 70 to 80 psi at WOT.
The stock APS F body twin turbo system turbo oil supply lines inside diameter is 125 thou..........if you're runing 60 psi you'd need to run 108 thou restrictors and at 90 PSI oil pressure you need to run approximately 90 thou oil restrictors.

Peter
Old 07-29-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
peter answer my question please
post # 1580
thanks

and i am moving next week. will you ship to my new address?
Dude, he gave you his suggestion of what to look for. He's not in the business of selling cat's, the man sells turbo kits.
I'd call some of the aftermarket cat manufacturers (random tech, etc...) and see what they have to offer.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:14 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
The stock APS F body twin turbo system turbo oil supply lines inside diameter is 125 thou..........if you're runing 60 psi you'd need to run 108 thou restrictors and at 90 PSI oil pressure you need to run approximately 90 thou oil restrictors.

Peter
Will these come with the kit? If not where do I get them?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:39 PM
FormerVendor

Peter, With a meling high volume oil pump your going to see 70 to 80 psi at WOT. Every motor that I have done from LME we always use that pump and that is the typical oil pressure. Heat soaked also. So PLEASE make sure these turbo's can handle that if not let us know what size of orifice we need. Because I am sure I will have good oil pressure.
I'd guess that you will need to run some form of oil restrictor before the turbos if you're runing very high oil pressure.............if you don't you may have excess engine oil floooding the turbochargers imo.

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 06:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brains
My current motor pins the gauge when cold, and over ~3000 rpm Stock pump, not ported or shimmed. It calms down when warmed up though, idles around 45psi hot and 58psi on the money at cruise.
That seems to be very high oil pressure when warm for a stock oil pump.............have you actually measured the oil pressure with a accurate oil pressure test gauge?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Will these come with the kit? If not where do I get them?
I'd imagine you could drill out nitrous jets to whatever diameter you need them. That's what most guys do.

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery