Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Despite this comment, the future owners of the APS kit should be ready to add restictors to their setups.
Wrong. The F body twin turbo system will NOT need any oil restrictors unless you exceed 90 PSI oil pressure.

Peter
Old 08-05-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Wrong. The F body twin turbo system will NOT need any oil restrictors unless you exceed 90 PSI oil pressure.

Peter
Why are the GTO guys having problems?
Are they over 90psi?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Nice.

Sounds like some guys want T clamps in the kit (that may be possible in the future) and a Y pipe. I'd rather spend our engineering time developing a larger turbocharger option for the F body system as this is more difficult to accomplish for the average guy than fabbing up a Y pipe or adding T bolt clamps. That said, we do listen to all customer feedback and will respond with product upgrades where practical though we also want to keep the twin turbo system affordable for all F body enthusiasts.

Peter

If you are taking votes on future upgrades I vote for the larger turbo option. Screw the Y pipe (true duals is the only way to go with twin turbos ) and T clamps(I can buy my own if needed)!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:10 PM
FormerVendor

Are they over 90psi?
A handfull of guys out of over a 100 users. I think many guys confuse crankcase related breather issues with turbo oil seal issues. That said, it's also possible that guys have installed the oil return pump incorrectly and or have kinked the oil return lines, both of the above will cause oil issues. The oil return pump potential issue is not applicable to the F body twin turbo system as the F body system uses a gravity drain oil return system, all good.

Peter
Old 08-05-2007, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they over 90psi?
not tryin to be a dick but i read the first 5 pages of that GTO thread and there were only 2 of those guys had "oil issues". after page 2 the disscusion turned to collapsed intake hoses.

oil restrictors are not a big deal and are commonly used on turbo cars. some cars might end up needing them and others wont. its a $3.00 item that takes 5 minutes to install...i dont think its big deal.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by crzhrs
If you are taking votes on future upgrades I vote for the larger turbo option. Screw the Y pipe (true duals is the only way to go with twin turbos ) and T clamps(I can buy my own if needed)!
I agree and that will definitely happen in good time............APS is tooling a new comp wheel at this time so 65 lbs of mass air flow will be a reality in the future if all goes to plan.

Peter
Old 08-05-2007, 10:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TNTramair
oil restrictors are not a big deal and are commonly used on turbo cars. some cars might end up needing them and others wont. its a $3.00 item that takes 5 minutes to install...i dont think its big deal.
The F body twin turbo system has in built oil restrictors which will handle up to 90 PSI oil pressure, all good.

Peter
Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

not tryin to be a dick but i read the first 5 pages of that GTO thread and there were only 2 of those guys had "oil issues". after page 2 the disscusion turned to collapsed intake hoses.

I never said it was a big deal. Just giving a heads up to the owners who will be getting the kits in ~2-3 weeks

Probably all turbo kits come with issues, hopefully they will all be minor like this for the APS kit.

My apologies for passing along information
Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM
FormerVendor

I never said it was a big deal. Just giving a heads up to the owners who will be getting the kits in ~2-3 weeks

Probably all turbo kits come with issues, hopefully they will all be minor like this for the APS kit.

Information is great as long as the info is correct..............as I said previously, the F body twin turbo will not need any turbo oil restrictors unless oil pressure is over 90 PSI, hope that helps.

Peter
Old 08-06-2007, 01:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
Peter, I talked to the cc company AGAIN, it should go through this time.
Cool.

It's getting close. I've got my gauges done, dual intank fuel pumps are in, rail mount regulator done, got the turbo cam in, built trans is in, god damn, that's a lot of work and the kit's not even here yet.
Awesome, sounds like you're well into the project now.

60 lb injectors & 2 bar MAP go in tomorrow so I can start messing around with the 2 bar OS.
What is the OS?

And I've got a BMR k-member sitting out in the garage also. Hopefully when the kit gets here that will be the only thing left on my list. I'm going to wait until the kit is almost done to figure out placement for the meth pump, but that should be the only odd job left.
Nice..........once the twin turbo system is fitted you should be able to work out the best position for the meth pump as you said, well done and I look forward to following the progress on your twin turbo project.

Peter
Old 08-06-2007, 01:49 AM
FormerVendor

well thats good news.
For sure.............engineering conducted a lot of testing on LS1 engine oil pressure and what size oil restrictor orifice was required to ensure the right anmount of oil flow to the turbochargers, all good.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 08-06-2007, 01:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Blackbirdta2000
Great news.. Thanks Peter.
Most welcome.

Peter
Old 08-06-2007, 05:54 AM
11 Second Club

i for one appreciate you pointing that thread out to us...like i said previously, i wasnt tryin to come across as a dick when i posted it.
trust me...im sure we all know theres gonna be fun times and not so fun times when entering the world of Forced Induction.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Keep us posted on the 65lb. wheels. I'm assuming the cover will need to be machined to match? Is this something we can have done on an exchange basis later on?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'll look into that for you shortly.

Peter
Any word on compressor maps?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just sent my fax for final payment to you Peter a few minutes ago. Course with time change and all figure will take awhile. Am a bit hyper to get my system. 420 engine hp or so that have now is beginning to bore me! I need some boost!

Interesting about bigger wheels. But can they be swapped by us or would we have to ship turbos back for install?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

What is the OS?

Peter
The HP Tuners 2 bar custom Operating System.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Nice to go shopping for performance car parts...exciting times ahead for you for sure.

Peter
The shopping part is always great! It's getting the credit card bill at the end of the month that is not so fun.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

these kits are supernice
Old 08-06-2007, 11:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Well guess see how it goes with the ypipe and catback for now. I have cutout so can't see it being that bad really. Guess the dyno will eventually tell the tale.
As you get up into higher power and torque levels the single exhaust system via the Y pipe will be a real power bottle neck, just keep that thought in the back of your mind.

Peter

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery