Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 52172
Oil drain is being plugged with an aluminum AN plug and retapped above oil level. Should fix the oiling problem. I find it unbelievable they have used that location before without any issues????
Didnt a ton of people on this site say there would be a problem with that location?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they did I know. That is when I asked the shop about it and they still said they have used it without any issues. I find it unbelievable they have used that location without any issues. I believed everyone here rather than the shop. With that said they still did a great job getting the kit on the car and making everything fit real good. The end product is real nice.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Drain has been moved to top of pan with a -10 an line it was a -8 and the smoking has even gotten worse? They are gonna play with oil feed line restrictors on monday. Here are some pics of the relocated A/C. The last pic shows how they had to put a ding into the downpipe to clear the a/c pump even with the new BMR K member. Oh well keeping the a/c was my priority.
Attached Thumbnails Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0912.jpg   Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0913.jpg   Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0914.jpg   Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0915.jpg   Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0916.jpg  

Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0918.jpg   Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0919.jpg   Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0920.jpg   Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0921.jpg   Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics-img_0926.jpg  

Old 06-20-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Restrictors in oil feed did not solve the oiling issue and they tried .080 then .050 so now it has to be the turbo. We had Jz from forced inductions get us a RMA number and hand delivered the turbo to turbonetics last week. Now we are just waiting on getting the turbo back to finish this project. Stay tuned for more updates.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

We just got the turbo back from turbonetics and they found faulty seals in the turbo and this was a brand new turbo! I guess mine was the only one out of around 100-150 TC units! Just my luck. Anyway you know their warranty and they fixed it in two weeks time. Oil leak was so bad it went into the cold piping and into the motor and everything seems to be fine we cleaned out all the piping and intercooler and intake manifold. This all just happened while doing about ten pulls on the dyno as the smoking issue did not start out very bad at first and progressively got worse. Motor is running fine now, exept we havn't gotten into boost yet to see if anything got damaged from oil yet. I pray my brand new forged motor is fine! It seems fine as they have driven it around the block a couple times and everything seems fine so far. The guys from turbonetics told us we should throw her back on the dyno to double check the A/F since the turbo might be moving more air now they say? So they are supposed ot redyno her today or tomorrow.

Does anyone have any experience with a little oil getting into the intake and what kind of damage it could cause? After those first ten dyno pulls the motor was babied the whole time it was smoking.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

We just got the turbo back from turbonetics and they found faulty seals in the turbo and this was a brand new turbo! I guess mine was the only one out of around 100-150 TC units! Just my luck. Anyway you know their warranty and they fixed it in two weeks time. Oil leak was so bad it went into the cold piping and into the motor and everything seems to be fine we cleaned out all the piping and intercooler and intake manifold. This all just happened while doing about ten pulls on the dyno as the smoking issue did not start out very bad at first and progressively got worse. Motor is running fine now, exept we havn't gotten into boost yet to see if anything got damaged from oil yet. I pray my brand new forged motor is fine! It seems fine as they have driven it around the block a couple times and everything seems fine so far. The guys from turbonetics told us we should throw her back on the dyno to double check the A/F since the turbo might be moving more air now they say? So they are supposed ot redyno her today or tomorrow.

Does anyone have any experience with a little oil getting into the intake and what kind of damage it could cause? After those first ten dyno pulls the motor was babied the whole time it was smoking.

Motor should be fine as long as it wasnt TO MUCH oil....... what they are thinking is the oil could start to wash the cylinders...... but on a low milage brand new motor you should be fine...

You pull the intake and clean it out too??
Old 07-04-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes they pulled the intake and cleanded it out also. That is good to know. I don't think it was too much oil since it was only ran on the dyno for a little over an hour and the oiling wasnt too bad at the time. I think it progressively got worse as they were playing around with restrictors on the oil feed trying to rule things out before we took the turbo off and sent in for warranty work. While they were playing around with restrictors trying to get the smoking to go away the car was not seeing much boost if any at all.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking through your pics... Did you put your AC back on your car??
Old 07-04-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes I did it is all remounted. Was your downpipe as close to the a/c pump as mine where you had to put a dimple in it to clear?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:02 PM

do you think the seals could've gone bad due to the return line being to low? meanning that oil never actually drained and you filled the turbo with oil till the seal gave out?

btw.. im talking about the original place you had the return in the bottom of the oil pan
Old 07-04-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

That is a thought however we don't think so since it happened so quick. It was like that from the very beginning on the dyno. The drain was moved right after the 1.5 hours on the dyno, and the problem kept getting worse even with the drain moved. Even with the drain where it was the turbo was a good 2 feet higher than where the drain was located maybe even 2.5 feet higher. That is a good thought though and we will never be sure I guess.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Junkie

They were on their way to the dyno and car started smoking again!!turbo is back on the car and oiling issue is still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF shop owner does not know what to do now???? We are having the car towed to turbonetics tomorrow for them to try and diagnose the problem. WTF could it be if the turbo was just completely gone through by turbonetics? Car is smoking just as bad as before it is like 007 james bond smoke screen! Motor is new and turbo is new and oil feed and drain are perfect???? We have no idea what it could be? I will update here when turbonetics looks at the car.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

They were on their way to the dyno and car started smoking again!!turbo is back on the car and oiling issue is still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF shop owner does not know what to do now???? We are having the car towed to turbonetics tomorrow for them to try and diagnose the problem. WTF could it be if the turbo was just completely gone through by turbonetics? Car is smoking just as bad as before it is like 007 james bond smoke screen! Motor is new and turbo is new and oil feed and drain are perfect???? We have no idea what it could be? I will update here when turbonetics looks at the car.
Damn dude...sorry

Good luck
Old 07-05-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

run the car without the turbo on it, see if it still smokes like hell
Old 07-05-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

They are probibly going to try something like that next. Car is going to turbonetics tomorrow. Thinking about that I don't think that would be possible since the headers would be blowing all the exhaust where the battery was and might melt something?????
Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are probibly going to try something like that next. Car is going to turbonetics tomorrow. Thinking about that I don't think that would be possible since the headers would be blowing all the exhaust where the battery was and might melt something?????
not if u dont let the engine get to hot, also u can alwasys stick a pipe in so most of it makes its way out fo the engine bay
Old 07-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Teching In

I don't know if this is possible but thought I throw it out there. Is there a way to stop the turbo wheel from spinning completely. That way you could leave the turbo on but it would have no boost. Just a thought.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

They just need to find where the oil is coming from. Before we sent the turbo to turbonetics the oil was coming from inside the turbo since it was leaking into the exhaust housing and going down the cold pipes. Now the rebuilt turbo is on the car they have not looked inside the pipes or turbo yet, but the smoking is just as bad as it was before we took the turbo off and gave it to turbonetics. Do you think that much smoke could be coming out of the engine before the turbo? I don't think that could happen. I guess they need to take the turbo off again and look inside the cold pipes again and in the exhaust housing to try and see where it is coming from. Maybe the turbo is just a faulty turbo that cannot be fixed, but I have never heard of that before? I don't think an engine no matter how bad it was could smoke like a 007 james bond car either so who the **** knows?????????? It is just one god dam thing after another. Car has been in the shop since Jan 10th.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm gonna go ahead and re-iterate that I think its the drain. I had a lot of trouble with mine smoking until I put a scavenge pump on.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

dO YOU HAVE A RESTRICTER IN LINE WITH THE OIL FEED damn caps....
Whats your oil pressure like??? To much oil pressure... your average turbo doesnt need much oil pressure......

Im just throwing that out there...

Kyle

Quick Reply: Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics