Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your turbo is way higher than mine on the OFI kit. My drain is exactly LEVEL (not optimal for sure) with the place tapped in the front of the pan. I thought it was going to smoke but it does not UNLESS i dont vent the valvecovers/crankcase. If i take the breather/filter off my oil fill spout and put on the oil cap, it smokes. Do you have everything vented?
Old 07-06-2007, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long did you run it for? Just a thought but is it possible your still burning up the extra oil it spewed before you rebuilt the turbos?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

They ran the car for about an hour outside the shop. Not everything is vented so they are gonna try that next and last maybe a scavenge pump, but I would only use that as a last resort as I do not want anything not needed obviously. Thanks everyone for all your ideas! I am gonna forward this post to Rob the shop owner doing my install and Nick the head mechanic over there they are both good guys and have been building turbo ls1's for six years now and never seen this problem before????? Everyone stay tuned we are gonna get to the bottom of this for sure as soon as possible!
Old 07-06-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty sure now that your guys never restricted the oil flow. I'd say go to a new shop or start wrenching on it yourself.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Junkie

we restricted the oil flow read the post. Car runs fine with no smoke at all. They let it idle for two hours to clear out all the old oil and it idles fine with no oil. Then they were on the way to the dyno and as soon as the car comes into boost the turbo begins to oil again just like the problem before it was rebuilt??? Turbonetics may have not replaced the seals properly???? This is a good shop and I am not about too start wrenching on it myself. This shop has a great reputation. This problem is undescribeable and they have already tried playing with venting the motor and that does not fix the problem. The oil is leaking into the exhaust inside the turbo and it is such a bad leak the oil pressure drops. My motor has normal oil pressure it idles with 45 psi pressure and goes as high as everyone elses pressure goes will reving???? It is like they replaced the seals in the turbo and then the seals went right back to leaking again after only two hours of car ideling????? The ball is in turbonetics court now. They do not want to look at turbo today since they are all taking a four day weekend so monday they are gonna look at the car and turbo. Motor is running fine the oil is not coming from the motor it is coming from the turbo and the drain is not the problem been there done that. Just before my car they finished another camaro with a copy of my kit with the same size turbo and location and they did not have any oiling issues?? Same oil feed and drain and same oil pressure same everything??????

Last edited by 52172; 07-06-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:01 PM
9 Second Club

maybe the turbo is junk. Not being derogatory...just mean that you sound like you covered the bases on your end...
Old 07-06-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Kit cant be junk... nothing to do with the kit.

Turbo issues, oil feed/drain issues, and venting issues like mentioned.

What size restrictor did you put in?

Jon
Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

what about puting on a different turbo? im sure u can find a t4 with a vband lying around

also u can try puting a resivour (however u spell it), thats fixs alot of people probelms without a pump
Old 07-06-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

when cabelbandit said maybe turbo is junk he was refering to the head unit not the kit realquick. That is what we are beginning to think and if that is the case turbonetics owes me a brand new TC76MPS. This is a brand new headunit from Forced Inductions. It is still under warranty and if they cannot fix it they need to replace it. We first tried a .080 restrictor and then a .050 and ran the car for quite a while with both them and smoking did not get any better. I am now waiting until monday to speak with turbonetics. Isn't the TC76MPS a hybrid built to Jz specs? How will they replace it? Will Jose need to fax the specs to turbonetics for them to reproduce a replacement?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 52172
when cabelbandit said maybe turbo is junk he was refering to the head unit not the kit realquick.
What a dumb ****! How the hell did I read that wrong My bad!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL I read your post, calm down. Did you clean out all your coldside and hotside parts including the cat converter if you run one when you swapped in the restrictors?
I went through a case of solvent cleaning out my DP when I had an oiliing issue with the ol GT42/Phamjunk kit.

Why are you posting if they cannot fix it they need to replace it here? Tell that to T-netics. I'm sure they'll fix you up if the fault lies with the turbo. Their warranty is awesome when it comes to issues with their product.

As for the specific questions about what Jose@FI.com needs to do, call him directly and find out. I pretty sure T-netics has all the build sheets on these turbos on file. Its all in the coding that was on the T-netics label on the shipping box. With those PN/SN's T-netics will be able to tell what you have.

Just be glad you live pretty close to T-netics, can't beat having them look at the car themselves.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

good luck on whatever you do...i think it will end up being a faulty turbo
Old 07-06-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

thank you everyone for your ideas and wishes of luck! I will update monday when more things unfold.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

update turbonetics does not believe Rob the shop owner that the turbo is faulty until one of their representatives looks the system over and also determines the turbo is faulty then I guess they will issue me a whole new turbo free of charge. We had the car towed to Deeds Performance which is one of the best turbo shops out here in Ca. Josh Deeds is the owner of that shop and a representative for Turbonetics. Turns out Josh and Rob are best friends. Anyway nothing moves fast with this turbo ****. Car has been down since Jan 10th. I am hoping Josh determines the turbo is **** and then turbonetics will have to give me a new turbo and not just try and rebuild this one a second time. I should have the outcome by monday or tuesday and update this post.

Quick Reply: Hi-Flo "Street Killer" Install pics