Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Paging Incon people need some info please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paging Incon people need some info please.

Ok got money coming soon and am looking to get some parts but I have some questions for you all. On the scavenger pump is the Weldon 9200A the best and only option or is there others that you have been using that work very well that does not cost an arm and leg.

Now considering my motor should be around 9 to 1 compression, with the stage 3 incon turbos from Blouch what should I be looking for in a cam? Does it need to be a custom or does anyone have a cam out there that has proven to work well with this set up. I cannot find what cam Cablebandit used in this setup as it seamed to work well for him so if he has a moment maybe he can chime in if he does not mind. Also I have one other problem and that is 91 octane fuel so I need a good can to try and get as much power out of it has possible with out much boost due to the low octane.

My motor setup is as follows, stock crank, stock rods, cam unknown, pistons unknown, total seal rings, Melling oil pump, LS2 timing chain, and some 6 liter 317 heads with patriot dual springs, Texas speed pushrods, LS7 lifters, stock rocker arms, ARP head bolts, and maybe ARP main studs along with ARP rod bolts.

A budget build as I still have lots to put into fuel system, turbo kit, and other msic parts.

The last question and one that I will post in the internal engine forum as well, and that is what manufacture makes boost pistons that are dished to make 9 to 1 compression on 72cc heads and will fit the stock rods. Also what do you think of total seal rings for this application.

If there is no such piston what if I were to use some Scatt I-beam rods with .927 connecting pin size and ARP bolts. I know they are not the best but money is going to be tight so to ensure that I can at least get the turbos on I am going to have to cut some corners for now until I can build or buy a new short block from someone.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just saw this....any small cam...the exhaust housings will be your limit so get something small that will idle/drive nice and the turbos will do the rest. fav cam i ran was a 215/215-114 or 115...forget which...small ...stock idle and good street manners.
motor combo sounds fine for the incons. I ran stock rods at over 700rwhp for awhile so i dont think the scats will even blink. get 60# injectors...dual walbros and let it eat!!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

The cam I ordered is a 222/222 duration for my incon setup, but I agree with Jerry that any small cam will work well.

I am on stock shortblock with 72cc heads.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

If you still want lope you can order a forced induction cam from EPP that sounds pretty bad...

Quick Reply: Paging Incon people need some info please.