Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cam for LM Speed Magnacharger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam for LM Speed Magnacharger?

Would either the Z06 or the GT2-3 be a good cam for the magnacharger? (On a built 347 of course)

I know these two cams have been proven on a Procharger, just curious if they would perform just as well with a roots style as they do on a centrifical.

If not what wold be a good cam for this blower setup?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 21stCentury Muscle Cars (Lingenfelter) blower cam. The cams you mention try to build cylinder pressure ( dynamic compression ) without a blower. The " blower " cams are smaller and will lower dynamic compression so that you can keep a fairly aggressive tune, supercharge it and not have issues with detonation. The down side to the blower cam is that they sound stock and I love the choppy idle. You will more than make up for that when your supercharger kicks in. For reference, on a 105degree day, my maggie charged car with a 3.1 pulley and headers made 486rwhp. On a 65degree day, it made 519rwhp. Hope this helps.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also want to add that the centrifugal blowers don't build as much low end boost therefore cylinder pressure as far as I know. The Magnachargers will build boost almost instantly, so the cam choice IMO should be different. I would consult 21stCentury Muscle Cars @ 972-417-7177 or ECS. ( I hope it's alright to make references to vendors here) They will help you make the best cam choice.

Quick Reply: Cam for LM Speed Magnacharger?