Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help- need pics of filter on procharger hat where stock bypass valve returns

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help- need pics of filter on procharger hat where stock bypass valve returns

Search not working I saw a picture not too long ago I *think* it was of KP’s setup where he had like a valve cover breather filter over the part of the hat that the original bypass valve vents back into…

I bought a breather filter last night, but I think I got the wrong one. The one I got has a little robber grommet on it that slides up inside the valve cover hole. I couldn’t find one that would slide over the flange on the hat. Anyways, I just wanted to see what kind that one was I saw where I got the idea from…
Old 07-19-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try something like this: http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=62-1460

You just need a filter with a 1.5" ID.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:53 AM

Yes! Thats the one I was looking for last night, but the local auto parts store didn't have it. Wouldn't be a big problem except now I already cut off the flange on the hat

It was late and I did a stupid thing to make it fit. Just was trying to get my car driveable by today (which didn't happen anyways). Damn, I knew I shouldn't have done that.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Did I read this right that you cut off the neck that the bypass hose attaches to that returns from the bypass valve?

I think your only solution now is to get a rubber frost plug (autozone) and stick it into the hole.

Most attach a filter to the outlet neck of the bypass and plug the neck (which you cut off) with a rubber frost plug.

I not sure I would ever want a filter attached to the neck with the chance it would knocked off leaving the hat open to atomophere where dirty air can be drawn into the hat and why most plug it with a rubber frost plug where it won't come out until you loosen the compression nut on the plug.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 AM

yes you read it right, i cut off the neck on the hat. The filter fits in there now because it has a rubber grommet on it and is made to go into a hole on a valve cover...

But I didn't put the filter on. I just used duct tape around the whole hat and covered the hole for now. Time for me to do a custom 90° elbow now I guess