Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

any FMIC kits that allow minimal work/mods to bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any FMIC kits that allow minimal work/mods to bumper?

I'm thinking about going the Procharger way with my car. I want minimal mods done to my car and so I started looking around at FMIC kits...seems like if I ever want to take the FMIC kit off to sell my car I need to get a new bumper and such. Prochargers twin intercooled system is gay so don't suggest that.

anyone know of a kit that allows minimal work to be done with a FMIC? I like APS' design for the FMIC but don't want to go the TT way.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin_Z
I'm thinking about going the Procharger way with my car. I want minimal mods done to my car and so I started looking around at FMIC kits...seems like if I ever want to take the FMIC kit off to sell my car I need to get a new bumper and such. Prochargers twin intercooled system is gay so don't suggest that.

anyone know of a kit that allows minimal work to be done with a FMIC? I like APS' design for the FMIC but don't want to go the TT way.
I'd suggest the procharger twin intercooled system.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

With a camaro you need to remove the front plastic cover and make ducts that feed the IC behind the bumper. Even then, you'll still be getting minimal airflow. IMO get as big of an IC as you can fit without altering too many things and then load up on meth for safety. Otherwise, you need to start trimming and cutting things away to get the IC working efficiently.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Junkie

*whistles to self*
Old 08-11-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, you can't be afraid to work on your car if you're going FI... It's not like a head and cam car... I've seen some of the OBX style intercoolers (ebay) that nestled in the bumper support pretty nice... It was just cut for the size of the intercooler...

What are you goals?? If you're not going to go over 600rwhp then i would say use the Procharger intercoolers and run some meth to keep the IAT's down even more... You have to have a very open mind to come up with solutions when people tell you no...
Old 08-12-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not afraid to work on my car at all, the only thing that is stock on my car is the tranny which is next to be modded. I've done all the work myself. I just didn't know if there was such a kit for the F-Body where u didn't have to hack everything up. I'm not going to keep this car forever and I would like to return it to stock once I'm done w/o buying a bunch of parts to do so.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

If you plan on selling the car then I would not hack the front bumper. The ATI charger kit also includes a lot of other mods which can easily be spotted by anyone - so make sure you keep every part the kit removes if/when you put back to stock.

As as stated above - the 4.5 twins with a meth kit should do you fine in Wichita (hot summer days mid 90's leading to high iat's). Even the 3.5's. Plus the meth kit is cheaper and once installed making it much easier for your tuner to tune the car and do it safely.

Contrary to what most say - you will encounter overheating - which requires a different radiator and/or a dual fans (Spal Extreme 16 inch and a Spal 9inch) with the ATI D1SC charger. Do a search on all of the posts related to overheating with the ATI.

I have the complete 3.5 twins setup that comes if you plan on going used and plan on getting the charger by itself. I replaced my 3.5 twins with the EPP fmic and am in process of installing the Alky Control kit. Keith McCord in St Louis will be doing the tuning.

When I get all of mine together we can get in touch and I'll show you all of the stuff you need to do if you decide to go with the ATI D1SC kit. My car is stored in Wichita.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/dlandsv@...04432003358/37

Quick Reply: any FMIC kits that allow minimal work/mods to bumper?