I'm really leaning toward FI now. Here's my setup:

M6 car with Textralia OZ-700, rebuilt trans
stock 346 LS1
CNC Ported 241 heads
Comp Cams 224/228 .581
LS6 Intake
Stock 10 bolt
Hooker long tube headers

How much would you think the compression rate is? Would it do good to throw a supercharger or turbo on it, or should I figure out a way to lower compression first?

I was thinking about a big nasty NA setup. But my car is driven everyday to work and lunch and home, about 10 miles a day.

I've been seeing some BIG numbers with heads, cam, forced induction. I want to be able to run about 12 PSI. Therefore, I think I want to upgrade my shortblock... pistons and rods. Does it matter which pistons I should get? A polished or forged crank won't help, will it? And what would you recommend for a FI system (one of the cheaper setups). I'll probably buy used on this board.

Thanks to all that will reply!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you haven't been told. There is no such thing as cheap in Forced Induction. You will throw 100.00's of dollors at it and still want more or have to upgrade something else.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I've been told that many times, no matter if I want to go all NA or go forced induction. but I know if I do it right the first time and I'm at 600rwhp, that's plenty enough power for a daily driver & an ONLY vehicle to get around in. the only thing I'll really need is a shortblock that can handle the power any time any day, and then worry about the rear end. but if I don't launch it and keep it halfway easy, I don't have to worry about it for awhile.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:17 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you add Callies Compstar connecting rods and Diamond pistons, along with Total Seal rings to a machined block, you will have a bottom end that can handle 700 rwhp all day long. I'd shoot for a 9.5/1 compression ratio, the pistons need to be ordered for the cc of your heads.
Two Walbro fuel pumps in your fuel tank will support 600 rwhp, and will help to keep cost down. If going used, I'd look for an ATI ProCharger D-1SC 1GJ204-SCI 8 rib kit. This kit will easily handle your requirements without any hassles.

Check out this Corvette that has the above mods on it, and makes 740 rwhp and is out practicing on a road course for at least several hours every week, and still gets 28 mpg.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Bob