Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Some H/C Rear Mount Turbo dyno results FINALLY...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some H/C Rear Mount Turbo dyno results FINALLY...

I finally managed to get time to drive up to Vengeance to get the car strapped down. Heres the details on the car:

Stock internal 346ci Rear Mount
-Swapped to T67 with .81 housing from forced inductions (originally had a 60-1)
-228/228 on 115+2 (.588/.588) Comp Cam
-LQ9s with patriot golds
-Dumped 3" downpipe
-Charge piping under the axle
-Stock manifolds and wrapped exhaust with no cats
-42lb Green Tops
-.4 Bar Spring (5.8psi)

Unfortunately, the car wouldn't hold boost without popping off silicone. Once it started to build, it would pop off the TB or near the MAF. Only one or two clean pulls could be managed to just barely get enough data for the tune.

On best pull car made around 440hp and 450tq with boost leaking off but with fat A/F, 18* timing and no meth. With everything working, car has another 30-40 left in it at least. Chart below shows first two pulls, which weren't the best pulls but gives some idea to how it improved over old tune and 853 heads (made 373 on first pull with those).

With .81 housing it builds boost pretty fast at around 3k rpms in 1st-4th gear. Currently boost spikes to around 7 or 8 psi and then falls back to 6psi. I need to get the boost controller running and see how it does. Overall I think it should break 500 with a little more time on the rollers and an extra psi or two along with some meth on top. I wonder how much effect the lq9 compression has on power (roughly 9.5:1 now i guess?) vs stock heads. I know that the car is much more comfortable running more boost now though.

I've since welded a longer pipe going to the maf with a bead around it and it holds really well. The only issue is the very tight 90 elbow going to the TB. The NAPA t-bolts on it are rated for 4" but really they are meant for 4.25" silicone because they don't clamp all the way down before butting against the end of the bolt, if you know what I mean. I need to find a slightly smaller clamp or a thicker silicone piece and the car is good to go.

Ill get some pics up later today of the setup and a video or two. I just thought I'd share for those interested in how the cam and heads are shaping up with the butt mount.
Also, big thanks to Vengeance for a great job and all their help! I strongly recommend them if your in the southeast.
Attached Thumbnails Some H/C Rear Mount Turbo dyno results FINALLY...-dynochartsm.jpg  
Old 09-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Banned

3 paragraphs of excuses?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

good luck working all the kinks out. f/i can be a pain but its worth it.

vengence also did an awesome job tuning mine. i think i saw you there, you were having problems with the bov.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. Yea that was me. I swapped springs and the BOV works great now. After you left I realized it was you from those PM's. Hows that procharger runnin? It sounded real good while I was there.
Originally Posted by FieroZ34
3 paragraphs of excuses?
What excuses?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

the procharger is running great so far, going to the track this sunday for the gafbody shootout. you should try and come down and make a few passes. i want to see how it run in the 1/4
Old 09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

those are some good numbers for ~5psi... how does she drive on the street?

3 paragraphs of excuses?
and be ready for all the haters to put in their $.02
Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 paragraphs of excuses...haha....dont read my posts then....i got about 6000 posts of excuses.

Glad you got it going. FI takes time to learn...tweak and work the bugs out. turbos seem to be extremely time consuming to work out. that combo oughta be good for 600dynojet at least...dunno if the stock shortblock is though
Old 09-17-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

car has more left in it bro, i wouldnt worry, with what you have, 500rwhp should be no sweat. shouldnt be too hard. you have heads on me and a better exhaust set up.

Quick Reply: Some H/C Rear Mount Turbo dyno results FINALLY...