Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

O2 location and no muffler straight off the turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default O2 location and no muffler straight off the turbo

Ok mods delete this if i should have put in my first post on my problems, But figured this could help someboddy else if they have this problem, Alright guys I got my idling revs fixed. For those that didnt see my last post I have a 93 chevy fullsize with a 6.0 single turbo. My new prob and questions are this, At idle i am getting a popping out the exhaust and running rich, Then while cruising it will load up and you have to tap the gas to clear it and then it does it again, My ?s are I have four inch exhaust off my turbo no muffler no cars, The bank 1 and bank 2 o2s are in the down pipe about a foot down from the turbo. at each side of the pipe. Could my o2s not be getting a good reading since I have a stock 6.0 four inch exhaust and no back pressure? It is one big four inch pipe about 6 foot long. One bend in it. Could this be my idling and cruising probs cause at wide open throttle it runs mean but a lil rich on my wideband I am about 10.5 on it. Should I move my
o2s to each bank before the turbo to get a better reading? Thanks guys for any of the help you guys give me, Also I am on a mail order tune till I can fix some of my probs. Thanks
Old 10-12-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u got any pics of the o2 setup- even though being apart should not really affect it that much-
Old 10-12-2007, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will try to get some pics of it up on here tomorrow!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
I will try to get some pics of it up on here tomorrow!
no stress
Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

So far my problem is fixed!!! I moved the narrow band o2 sensors pre turbo on each header. Now it seems to be running great thanks guys for all the help!!!!

Quick Reply: O2 location and no muffler straight off the turbo