Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone else waiting on QMP/LS1M turbo kit??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else waiting on QMP/LS1M turbo kit??

Thank you. I am very happy spending 1/4 the money you did for the same horsepower. In fact, all the mods in my sig cost less than your turbo kit.

-Geoff
I was congratulating 02BlueFirehawk, sir. And while i'm on the subject...

1/4 of my investment? Wow! That would mean you spent $5400/4= $1350 for ALL your mods. That's incredible! Quoted from your sig: "LGM SFC's, GMS CARB's & LCA's, Hotchkis PHR, BMR Torque Arm, 6 lb powerdyne, Detroit Speedworks Custom Tuning 427hp/420tq, Lingenfelter GT2-3 Cam, ARE Stage 1.9 heads, Mac Mid Headers, Currie 12 bolt, Ram clutch" All that for $1350? Wow! I've never met a liar like you before! You're not even a convincing liar. Perhaps you're simply uneducated. Perhaps you're just a 20-something wanna-be... Perhaps we can line them up when the Yank is installed and we can see who has the smaller investment for the bigger bang. Hm?

Get lost. Or better yet, get found! You're obviously such an exaggerator that your story is... well we all know what it is.

SC-
Old 07-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would mean you spent $5400/4= $1350 for ALL your mods.
and from another post...
$6500 and i am all done
what's this.... are you changing your story yet again for the sake of an argument? Last time i checked, this would make you a "liar".... but i think most of us already knew that...

Get lost. Or better yet, get found! You're obviously such an exaggerator that your story is... well we all know what it is.
Why don't YOU get lost.. everytime you post it is either "look at me and my turbo kit... look at how perfect we are...together" or it saying something negative towards anyone saying the slightest thing to discredit the QMP kit and it's performance.. disregarding the fact that it quite possibly could be true.

Old 07-22-2003, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup, the $6500 is true if you count up the tune, and the Borla. No lies, I brought that into the equation, because WhiteHawk has a CB and tune. If you don't see that, I apologize for the mis-information. I'm big enough for that.

Riceboy, you've just got to calm down. You don't own the kit in question, you just wish you did. And no amount of crap you start is going to make your spewage any more credible, until you own one. For all the whining ghey-boy posts against the QMP kit, I'm just out here posting the positive truth. You're just a hater. You hate the QMP kit and all your (three) poor-programming, loser friends couldn't LS1-Edit their way out of a parking spot. If I'm a leg-humper, then you and the Warbird, MightyMouth boys are just morons that hate because they don't know what they're doing.

I think we understand each other.

Until you have one, you're just a loser with an opinion that means nothing.

But you're right about one thing, I seem to be one of only 7 people that know how to install a turbo kit and have it tuned, even if my tune is by inexperienced Detroit boys. I won't be duped by them again, and at least I don't whine like the VA losers.

Cheers!

SC-
Old 07-22-2003, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

firehawk, the file is on it's way

sssooblue.. nice torque
please leave this post out of your on-line masturbation and please stop sending me revealing photos of yourself.. seriously stop! No, I don't like it and no I dont know why it is so small just leave me alone.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Turbo Addict

I don't have to own one to know more about the kit than you obviously do. You've got QMP and the gang so far up your @$$ you wouldn't know the "positive truth" if it hit you where you seem to take it most....

OMG.. you are criticizing these guys for their tuning? So who did your tuning numbnutts?....that's right NOT you!
You are downing MM's tuning when he made MORE hp and a truckload more torque than you on PUMP gas with his tuning and losing 7psi boost during the run..... yea some really poor tuning there.

I see you edited both your posts....... what, you needed to consult with your ghey-leghumpers-anonymous-club friends to come up with some more clever comebacks?

You spent $5400 on the kit AND you still remain a loser with an opinion that means nothing... sucks for you...

Whine like us?.... every d-am--n post you make is "my car was poorly tuned.. blah blah blah". Why didn't YOU tune your car Mr. Edit? Since these guys here and DSW seem to know nothing about it....... yea we know, your just a "20 something wanna-be" that hasn't got a clue about tuning (or he would have done it himself), hasn't got a clue about how much he is pissing everyone off and who is on his way to being the most hated of Ls1TECH.

Leave now..... PLEASE! You contribute NOTHING to any post you reply to... this one's a perfect example... should i post all the others?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You hate the QMP kit and all your (three) poor-programming, loser friends couldn't LS1-Edit their way out of a parking spot. If I'm a leg-humper, then you and the Warbird, MightyMouth boys are just morons that hate because they don't know what they're doing.

I think we understand each other.
Well I was going to leave this post alone, but since I do own the kit, and since it has cost way more than it was supposed to, I figured I would add my comments since you can't keep your useless BS to yourself. If you had any credible input to add I might be inclined to listen to you, perhaps you can fill us in on your incredible knowledge and let us know what awesome power levels and track times you are running, until then you are a ing moron.

First off I am pretty pissed about the fact I ordered one turbo and got another, we always talked about a T76 Qtrim ball bearing as advertised, when it arrived it turned out to be a T74 thrust mount - Fact
Second, the kit has caused me money to solve an oiling problem ( bad location, bad design). QMP's response: "they all do that" ARE had to come up with a solution and fixed it - Fact
Thirdly my car was overheating because of a poor location and design of the intercooler, obviously QMP designed the kit for Arctic use. I had to buy a new rad and will spending even more money to jet-hot coat the plumbing to solve it - Fact
Fourth, the car is maxed out on power with the current turbo plumbing setup, running a good tune, I have boost bleed off problems and airflow problems. Once again ARE is working to fix the problems - Fact
Fifth - The drivers side manifold was made so high that it burned wires. Once again ARE had to come up with a creative way to mount new wires and heat shields to fix this problem.

There are other problems being worked out, but I don't feel like authoring a new book.

In a nutshell, I own the kit, it has been a pain in the *** and I probably have more knowledge and support working for me to sort it out than you could even begin to dream about. I never claimed I was an expert but I do have experts working with me. You on the other hand have believe you are an expert but time and time again you speak a lot but have noting to say.

Paul
Old 07-23-2003, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let me do some math for you SS00Baby:

$1800 used Powerdyne
$1200 ARE H/C from a friend who won them at Grand Bend last year
$300 MAC Shorties on Ebay w/ORY

Add those up, and yes, I guess I did exaggurate a little, I got your horsepower for half of what you paid. I apologize for my error!

I got nothing against your kit, but too many people have different problems with it so far. The fact is, that kit has yet to deliver to its claims. GN are guys are running low 10's with that turbo, and throwing down 200 more horsepower on the dyno. Wake up and smell the coffee, it is not delivering as advertised. You can blame everybody else, but until you start looking at QMP, you are just going to be chasing your tail (or your tunes in your case).

I wish it would perform up to snuff, because I think single turbo is the way to go (as opposed to twin) - but I have yet to see a good kit. In fact, if they start putting down the numbers and times, I might actually get one. For now though, every person who has posted has a different excuse as to why they are not making the claimed power. A rose is a rose is a rose. I just call them like I see them.

-Geoff
Old 07-23-2003, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

gosh you guys are hard. give the kits time and they will make some numbers all it takes is money and money takes time.
look at mightmouse's numbers he is starting to get there, just got a couple problems to work out, and every one has problems.

anyone can get good numbers out of a powerdyne, vortech, ati, turbotech or qmp kit, just learn paitence grasshopper. It seems like everyone got there hopes up a little too high on how this kit was going to be perfect and delier SO much power, , in all its a little better the the turbotech kit not as far ahead as everyone hoped.

Rob tried to put together a quality kit with quality parts and he is losing money on it. think he found out its a little harder then he anticipated.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Steve and Geoff

You've basically turned this thread into a pissing match.

You guys live about 15 miles apart, so meet up and do your business.

Quick Reply: Anyone else waiting on QMP/LS1M turbo kit??