Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My build - Lots of pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 05:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Thank you!

Yes sir I was. You can see my pics on Facebook, or my SmugMug.

Here is a link to this years Outlaw Street Car Reunion, and in an effort to stay on topic, you can click here to see ALL of the TA pics (well at least from April of 2011 until now).

Sean
Old 05-14-2014, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang I feel like an idiot now. I've had the layered picture of Shane Stack's Monte Carlo set as my cell background before. And one of your pics of Berry's vette too. Shane is from my city, my best friends dad is good friends with him. I don't make it to many races away from our home track but we all hangout at Shane's trailer, maybe we'll run into each other some time.

Sorry to get off topic! lol
Old 05-14-2014, 07:50 AM
9 Second Club

No need to feel like an idiot, most people never make the connection. Shane and the crew are good guys, always enjoy seeing them at the track. Berry is always a riot, and has one of the most beautiful race cars I have ever seen.

I am pretty easy to spot, tall fat guy in a hat and sunglasses with cameras hanging off of me Feel free to stop me and introduce yourself any time!

Sean
Old 06-02-2014, 08:14 PM
9 Second Club

Finally got a little bit of work done this past weekend. We didn't get quite as much done as I would have liked, but progress none the less. So Friday I dove into closing up some holes in the car. I started on the driver side because just like the tub itself, it was more complicated.

I started on the rounded piece which I just eyeballed.

Then I went to the big piece which I may have made more than once...

You can also see the small lower piece in that last pic. I may cut that out and make it nicer, but then again it will probably never been seen again anyway. We will see how my OCD holds up.

Now for the very boring passenger side

While I was doing that, Chris was working on wiring. Here he is chopping, and organizing the old wiring which he kind of rushed last time around.

Here is the new leash board on the old wiring panel after Chris spent some time stripping all the wiring and old labels.

I know it doesn't look like a whole lot, but it was tedious time consuming work this weekend. Saturday Chris did a bit more wiring work, and we also made up templates for the most complicated hole in the car. That is where we left it for the weekend. I have quite a bit of work on various parts for the car to do during the week. I will have pics of all of those things as I get them done. I think we got through what is needed to finish up the car, and Chris got everything ordered up. We should really start to fly though stuff now, well it will at least look like more was done by the time the weekend is over As always, thanks for following along!

Sean
Old 06-16-2014, 08:47 PM
9 Second Club

I have been a bit lazy, but its update time! We will start with two weeks ago, since I just took those pics off the camera

We didn't get a ton done, and I cant really remember why. I think I had some family thing or something. Who can be bothered to remember these things?! ANYWAY, here is what we did get done that weekend.

Chris did more wiring (and I over exposed the pic)

I closed off the holes in the floor where the cage goes through, with some help from Chris.
Passenger side

Driver side

Then I installed the new lower shock mounts, and bolted in a shock to check it out

Now for this past weekend, where we did a little better and got some work done.

We started by getting the motor in for the last time along with the converter and trans (Which will probably come back out). Before anyone asks, I will explain why you can clearly see it on the mounts here, and on a plate later. For now the motor will be on the mounts (as you can tell) and also use the motor plate. The motor plate is needed for the alternator mounting, so it needed to be on the car now. The mounts are staying on because we cant get to the mid plate this year (too much in the way) and we also don't have the time to cut the mounts out and reinforce the k-member. Now that THAT is out of the way, onto the pics!

Gratuitous turbo shot

During the week Chris and his Fiance' Rachel seam sealed all of the patches, and put some under coating on the tubs.

Also during the week, Chris modified the switch panel with some new, easier to use switches.

Chris was plugging away at the wiring, but also helping with the motor and motor plate install of course.

Finally got the motor plate in and done!

That's about all for now. We did a few other small things here and there, nothing worth mentioning really. We want to be pretty much ready to fire the car next weekend, but I don't think we will be quite ready. Once Chris finishes up the wiring I have 2 more small holes to patch, then carpet can go in. Then comes the joy of fitting the dash... We have all the hardware, and material to do the front end support too so that should be coming up soon. Anyway that's about all for now! Thanks as always for following along!

Sean
Old 11-12-2014, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

wow what a read.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 35thsscamaro02
wow what a read.

Any lurkers wondering the car is still around. Wedding, honeymoon, projects @ broke efs house, chicago weather have slowed us down, but it will be running for next summer for sure!
Old 11-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

Congrats!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:57 AM

Wow Fantastic voyage to get to this point with the car, Nice Build, what guage sheet metal did you use to patch all the holes,
Old 11-22-2014, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Broke EF
I have been a bit lazy, but its update time! We will start with two weeks ago, since I just took those pics off the camera
I see you no longer have the panhard bar Brace, Did you just reinforce the panhard bar bracket, to be able to do away with it?
Old 01-18-2015, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

Where this thing hiding at
Old 02-06-2015, 08:43 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Where this thing hiding at
Its sitting in my garage waiting to be finished up. Its close. Finishing up some things in Broke's house, and should start working on it in the next coming weeks. As soon as work begins again, im sure the threads will get updated

Chris
Old 02-09-2015, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Steve is getting impatient!
Old 04-19-2015, 04:17 PM
9 Second Club

The time has come for me to part ways with this bad *** car! i have made a for sale thread, and am going to sell the car as a rolling chassis with turbo kit, all suspension, Holley dominator, Fuel system, ect. Add a motor and trans and you are ready to go.

The motor will be listed for sale seperatly. To view the sale thread please go to.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...l#post18765357
Old 04-20-2015, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

How come your parting ways with it???
Old 05-31-2015, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Subscribed
Old 05-31-2015, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks very good, the mounting plate frees up a lotta space and you can get a belt fuel pump really easy
Old 06-01-2015, 01:38 PM
9 Second Club

Car is gone. It was sold to a fellow tech member though, so he may or may not update this thread (and the others).

Sean
Old 06-05-2017, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Saving for later. Hate you sold. Read this thread front to back numerous times now
Old 11-12-2023, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

ITS BACK BABY!!!!

To keep it a little cleaner, I made a new thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...o-ta-back.html

Quick Reply: My build - Lots of pics