Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Jet hot coating on exhaust side on sts kit, benifits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet hot coating on exhaust side on sts kit, benifits?

Would there be any benifits on Jet hot coating or some time of coating to keep the heat in the exhaust on a sts kit? the reason i ask is im getting slight surface rust on mine and wanted to paint them to stop the rust or get some type of coating, headers back. how much would this set me back?

also i was thinking the other day, i have a slp high flow cat on my exhaust side before my turbo, is this dangerous? the reason im asking is because i dont want a piece flying back and hitting my turbo and destroying that. thanks!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A cat can be bad if it decides to break apart....Also I would wrap the exhaust with header wrap you can get from lot of our sponsers ....Also are you running headers or stock manifolds? Cause most people see MUCH better gains with stock manifolds
Old 02-18-2008, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im running slp shortys. doesnt exhaust wrap cause your exhaust to rot over time?
Old 02-18-2008, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is not stainless it will rot no matter what over time ...maybe put a coat or two of high temp paint then wrap them ...I dont have a StS myself I am just going by what I hear lol....So post up STS people!

Quick Reply: Jet hot coating on exhaust side on sts kit, benifits?