Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

incon questions, Manifolrs, Turbo, info needed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default incon questions, Manifolrs, Turbo, info needed.

Alright, please no BS about they ripped me off, or similar posts. I know there is a VERY bad reputation to this former company, and a lot of LS1 owners got screwed. But i would like some concrete info on these kits.

The manifolds they used, will a standard turbo bolt to them, or are the exhaust housings unique to the kit.

Did Incon make the manifolds, or did somebody make them for them, if so, anybody have any info?

Can you buy turbos that will replace the stock turbos from anybody.

And other than the scavenge pump, any problems with the HOT side of the incon turbo setups.

Im trying to get some info on the manifolds, turbos, exhaust.

All the air side is no big deal to me.

i used to have lots of info on these kits, but lost it all during a computer crash, anybody have install instructions, part lists, ect?

Thanks.

Ryan.

Old 07-19-2003, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: incon questions, Manifolrs, Turbo, info needed.

I did lots of looking into the Incon before I bought my kit. This is what I have heard or think!The manifolds are casted in Australa where the kits where "put pieced togehter" in the early days on the company. Dave Inwall the owner had people that got him the turbos as he worked at Garret. As far as the turbo its self, it is not hard to get if you know the part numbers and places. After calling Garret and asking they will only hangup the phone or say they don't know any thing. The Turbo is a t3/t4 hibread or a 25/35. But in the garret listing the is only the R turbo for ball bearing. And Incon grinded of the ar numbers on the compressors. I have heard that incon stage 2 kits have 35R turbos but good luck as that is the most desired turbo on the market. Call Limited Enginering in AZ and ask for John or Choper. I sent my turbine housing to them on the 18th and they said my complet turbo will be back to me in 2 weeks tops. Oh and there $1100 each.CHRA #446179-0032 GT2535 oil/water True dual ball bearing

Ps. I tryed to use the incon 600hp turbos or the ones that come on the 5.0 mustang and they work great but didn't flow that good. Hit a air flow max at 500hp
Old 07-19-2003, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that info, lots of what i was looking for

interesting about the 500 hp on the mustang turbos.. I have heard that same number a few times.

Do you know if incon was based in alstralia, and had their us headquarters in longwood, or were they based here, and got parts in australia? .. not that it really matters, just wondering, since i live only a couple miles from where they used to be.

Ryan.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

There were based in AUS and the office in Longwood was there US operation. I think that a lot of the cast parts were made in England, as well as the intercoolers.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know who made the exhaust housing. But they are a T25 four bolt pattern. The turbo centersections CHRAs are gt2535 stage I. Garrett does not make turbine housing or compressor housing for these turbos. You buy the center section and make the rest. The exhaust housings are T25 machined to fit the turbine, Incon used a 5 bolt outlet pattern. They also had the dump tubes that convert the 5 bolt pattern to a 3 bolt flanged configuration. Wastegates were intregal, but you could do it different obviously.

One compressor housing is a standard angle T3 housing with some slight modifications. Other compressor housing had a 90 compressor outlet. Stainless tubes from the dump pipes were ok as long as you did not want converters. I did not get a y-pipe so cant say about that, I got a universal flowmaster y-pipe to work.

Prices on the CHRAs are not cheap they range from $450 to $2000 each. $450 would be Garretts costs, I got mine from $590 each, but I work Honeywell which owns Garrett.

I would not bother with these CHRAs. You can get ball bearing water cooled turbos for a lot cheaper and they would come with everything. I have A/R ratios on the housing, CHRAs, somewhere if you need them.

So the Incon kit was basically a T2/T3 turbo. I second limit engineering, they made me a custom compressor housing for my kit. HKS also sells these turbos with T3 exhaust housing, but you won't like the price.

Gary
Old 07-20-2003, 04:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would not bother with these CHRAs. You can get ball bearing water cooled turbos for a lot cheaper and they would come with everything.
I can't agree with Gary enough on this point. I have had several notable turbo shops tell me to get away from the GTBB series of Garrett turbos because they are expensive and hard to get ahold of.

They are easily replace with a much cheaper (and probably just as good) ball bearing water cooled turbo.

Old 07-20-2003, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

www.precisionte.com

Old 07-20-2003, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Precision is not going to help you I buy from them all the time at the shop and I called them to help with my Incon turbos and them didn't know anything. They aren't a garret dealer. Pattric at Precision was the one that told me Limited was the place to go. As far as the Mustang turbos I think they are GT25 BB turbos and I tryed to put the compressor and Chra on the turbine of the Incon Ls1 kit. But it just didn't fit, the wheel was a hair off. But everything of the Mustang turbo bolted right on to the manifold. As far as the Us station that is only BS, I mean there is one but the only guy that worked there doesn't answer the phone and every time I called his personal cell he would say "ok I will ship them out today". He finaly did send everything but the chra and compressor sides. And the people that stoped and the shop there would only find the doors locked and lights off. FACT IS every part of the turbo you can get if you call the right people. the only thing you can't is the 90degree bend on the compressor on the passenger side. But that can be welded-not a good thing to do, or use a silicone elbow. The exhaust is easy 3" offroad kit not cats to a flowmaster Y. I think it is flowmaster do to the flowmaster tag marks that where removed.

You will need to build manifolds and down pipes just buy the 4bolt and the 5 bolt flang. the manifold is very very hard on the passenger side do too the turbo inlet being 1" behind the k-member rear bolt.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I was just on precision webpage and they state they are a Garrett dealer now. Any you are right you can get a lot of other stuff to work. I had to make a compressor housing, exhaust system, buy chras. Make new actuator brackets because mine did not fit at least not and let the turbo oil drain sit properly. Cut all the silicon hoses (length and into several pieces). Machine the snot out of the exhuast manifolds and compressor housing to get them to fit.

Gary

Quick Reply: incon questions, Manifolrs, Turbo, info needed.