Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

A few questions for you guys on a couple of problems I need to resolve.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A few questions for you guys on a couple of problems I need to resolve.

I am curius what kind of spark plug you guys running I am already running a colder plug it is what the tunner told me to get but I am not sure what the part# is and that was over a year ago the only thing on the plug itself is TR6 they are NGK's I gave the parts man that number and he went back and couldn't find what I needed All of my mods are in my signature. My engine has 15k on it now and has developed a miss at least I think it is, I just put in a built T-56 and spec stage 5 clutch and it has a horrible shudder in the higher gears that clears up around 2,000 rpm the car at idle and in other gears doesn't seem to miss, only in the higher gears at low speed and really low RPM it shakes the whole car I have already changed the wires, checked all of the coils and there are no DTC's except the usual P0121 that has been there since the tune but the car has ran fine with it for the last year I changed the TPS and the code is still there any ideal what would cause this DTC? I have also pulled the valve covers and checked for bent push rods and replaced the passenger side 02 sensor, because the wire come in contact with the header and melted blowing a fuse and caused me a huge headache trying to find out why the car went from running great to running like crap (forgot the zip tie mod when I put it back together). The clutch only has about 80miles on it now do you guys think that the shudder could be because of the clutch it only happens when you bog the engine down in one of the higher gears but it never did that before, I had a spec stage 2+ never did that but from what I can tell it was worn out after only 10 or so track passes and 15k so I am pretty sure it was slipping a little. I am also sure that this clutch is not slipping at all it is pretty much on or off very little inbetween. Any info you guys might have to help me touble shoot these issues would be greatly appreciated as I am out of ideals. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad shake, low rpms, high gears and goes away once the motor makes power? our old camaro started doing that once we did the clutch, same with my car..if tis runing fine and every thing and only does it at low rpms high gear under load....

id have to say welcome to your new tranny