Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Running a D1SC, looking into water/meth kit- what do i do??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Running a D1SC, looking into water/meth kit- what do i do??

Im looking into some water/meth kits - but what all do they do as for performance?? Im looking into doing this also for the fact that i can run 85 test, and with the injection kit- it will increase points from 85 test- to be running 95-100test gas.. What are the major advantages of buying a kit? what do they cost? And what all will i get out of doing this to a car that is already at 660 hp, 543 rwhp?? Stock Bottom end- D1SC 8pounds..
Is this just a stupid idea? Ive seen quite a few people doing this to their setups..
Need help..suggestions??
Old 05-05-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=bigblock4-speed;9300777]Im looking into some water/meth kits - but what all do they do as for performance?? Im looking into doing this also for the fact that i can run 85 test, and with the injection kit- it will increase points from 85 test- to be running 95-100test gas.. What are the major advantages of buying a kit? what do they cost? And what all will i get out of doing this to a car that is already at 660 hp, 543 rwhp?? Stock Bottom end- D1SC 8pounds..
Is this just a stupid idea? Ive seen quite a few people doing this to their setups..
You need to call Bob at Exotic Performance Plus.com and all of your questions can be answered.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

ya- he would know.. forgot about asking BOb.. thanks
Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblock4-speed
Im looking into some water/meth kits - but what all do they do as for performance?? Im looking into doing this also for the fact that i can run 85 test, and with the injection kit- it will increase points from 85 test- to be running 95-100test gas.. What are the major advantages of buying a kit? what do they cost? And what all will i get out of doing this to a car that is already at 660 hp, 543 rwhp?? Stock Bottom end- D1SC 8pounds..
Need help..suggestions??
You might consider saving for a new engine, 660hp is far beyond the limit of this one. It will break and when it does with a lot of hp , it may be pretty harsh.

The meth is a ok way to providing a secondary fueling, but its more so providing a safe barrier in the variance of e85.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

Also, checkout the thread in the link below. There's a ton of information on there and Bob also sells these kits as well...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/861440-questions-about-water-methanol-alcohol-injection-post-them-here.html
Old 05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
You might consider saving for a new engine, 660hp is far beyond the limit of this one. It will break and when it does with a lot of hp , it may be pretty harsh.

The meth is a ok way to providing a secondary fueling, but its more so providing a safe barrier in the variance of e85.
So what im seeing it to forge the bottom end, before i add meth to it?
I wouldnt be able to run water/meth even if i kept the boost down to 7.9pounds? I guess i need to do some more research.. I was looking into it for longing the life of my block/pistons,etc.. but if its going to make it to where its harder on parts- i guess i have to save up for a 427....
Old 05-05-2008, 08:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblock4-speed
So what im seeing it to forge the bottom end, before i add meth to it?
I wouldnt be able to run water/meth even if i kept the boost down to 7.9pounds? I guess i need to do some more research.. I was looking into it for longing the life of my block/pistons,etc.. but if its going to make it to where its harder on parts- i guess i have to save up for a 427....
If your allready making 660rwhp, that is a ton on a stock engine. Obiously the tune-up is safe enough so far, but if you wanted to you could add it. I would just run brand name fuel and not worry about it.

A new motor is right around the corner for you, it may be a week or it may be a year, time is borrowed for sure.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
If your allready making 660rwhp, that is a ton on a stock engine. Obiously the tune-up is safe enough so far, but if you wanted to you could add it. I would just run brand name fuel and not worry about it.

A new motor is right around the corner for you, it may be a week or it may be a year, time is borrowed for sure.
He actually mentions that its "660 hp, 543 rwhp"
Old 05-05-2008, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
He actually mentions that its "660 hp, 543 rwhp"
Yep.. Guy up top had it wrong..
Well- ive looked at more stuff, and it does look as though most of the guys running these water/meth, etc setups have forged bottom ends, and 402s 408s 427s etc etc.. It would probably be a waste of time for me.. Im going to call a few people tomorrow and find out fo sho..

Quick Reply: Running a D1SC, looking into water/meth kit- what do i do??