Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question for my friend.... TTI Street kit/WG Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Question for my friend.... TTI Street kit/WG Issue

My buddy just installed a TTI street kit on his car. It has the 38mm Delta gate. He got it all buttoned up and took it for a tune but they said that his Wastegate was too small and the car was continueing to make boost and not stopping. We are a little dumbfounded as this is the gate that comes with the kit that has been in production for many years. The car is tuned enough to drive and it seems like the boost is not steadily climbing, we only see 6 psi. The tuner said he needs a 44mm wastegate but we are not finding the issue with this one and are wondering if it is an issue at all? What gates are you guys running with the tti kit and any issues? Its the 60mm kit on a stock engine looking for 8 psi. Does he probably need a bigger gate or should this Delta 38mm work just fine? Thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 05-12-2008, 11:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman09
My buddy just installed a TTI street kit on his car. It has the 38mm Delta gate. He got it all buttoned up and took it for a tune but they said that his Wastegate was too small and the car was continueing to make boost and not stopping. We are a little dumbfounded as this is the gate that comes with the kit that has been in production for many years. The car is tuned enough to drive and it seems like the boost is not steadily climbing, we only see 6 psi. The tuner said he needs a 44mm wastegate but we are not finding the issue with this one and are wondering if it is an issue at all? What gates are you guys running with the tti kit and any issues? Its the 60mm kit on a stock engine looking for 8 psi. Does he probably need a bigger gate or should this Delta 38mm work just fine? Thanks!
The wastegate that is provided would work properly if the exhaust is stock and the converters were still in place. If the converters have been removed the tuner is correct over boost would be a issue. We do offer a crossover set for the 44 mm tial and do include them in the kit if it was ordered today. Your friend must have a older kit and back in the day the 38 mm was all the was available then.

Quick Reply: Question for my friend.... TTI Street kit/WG Issue