Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS1 Motorsports / QMP Turbo Z28 Update: Stock Cubes, 700RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS1 Motorsports / QMP Turbo Z28 Update: Stock Cubes, 700RWHP

Yea, let's start with the TRUTH for once. Your story has changed so many times, who knows what to believe?

The T63 WILL support 600rwhp....if you knew what your motor was! Had you told me you had stock valves, unknown compression, low-flowing heads, and the wrong cam, and no intention of ever tuning your car with a Wideband O2, I would have told you NO turbo would get you 600rwhp safely.

BTW, I spoke to PTE yesterday, and they said that your turbo was damaged due to excessive backpressure. This is caused by an inefficient engine. And those aren't MY words, those are PTE's!

And I did agree to upgrade your turbo...THE FIRST TIME you sent it back to PTE. But after finding out that it was improperly machined prior to your first installation, you said, "I'll just give the 63 another try for now". Now you damage it, and you expect ME to eat it?? Not hardly.

Please...start telling the WHOLE story.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Buschman - There are only TWO people with issues to be exact. And I have offered to help them from the beginning. But all I get is slammed and flamed. You obviously haven't been lurking long if you don't realize that.

And yes, I am pointing my fingers at them. Read my points! Nearly every issue they have had, has been specific to them, and not related to the kit. Yet MM seems to blame everything on our kit.

His heads were supposed to be double o-ringed with copper head gaskets, and big studs, but they weren't. He can't find out what compression his engine is from ARE (and they built it!). He's not even sure what size valves he has in the heads, or what the REAL flow numbers are. Since they sent him a flow sheet that had a flow date months AFTER they sent him his engine. Yet I am supposed to say..."okay..it's our fault...the turbo kit sucks...that's why your engine doesn't make any power".??? What sense does that make?? The answer is OBVIOUS.

Why are there no posts on here about how MM ordered a specific engine from ARE, but didn't get it?? He expected me to drive 1400 miles to get his car when the turbo smoked, and agreed to meet him half way. Did he make ARE drive 1400 miles to get his heads??
Old 08-14-2003, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really hope at this point people can discern fact from fiction.

After reading through all the drama I wouldn't hesitate to buy the QMP kit.

Thats coming from working in a buisiness and being on the "inside" and from working on R&D projects which include installing a Vortech SC on a Silverado when there wasn't any "kits" or LS1Edit available. Its pretty obvious where the fault lays.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had all of the above problems with ARE and it's standard operating procedure from them and I won't buy anything from them and haven't for over a year.

That being said, I do think the QMP kit is working out some bugs obviously. I also think the T63 is a bit undersized for the goals.

Rob can rub people the wrong way sometimes, but he seems to be trying hard to answer questions more openly lately.

Doesn't get MM any closer to a good working setup. Sometimes you just can't take the R&D anymore irregardless of who's fault (some on both sides) and bad luck. Just too much downtime and $$ and you can only go so far.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

ive read EVERY thread concerning this kit for the last year. one thing ive gathered, is that when i buy one i will have them do the install/tune.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rob can rub people the wrong way sometimes, but he seems to be trying hard to answer questions more openly lately.
I really don't seen how. The only time he really posts is to defend his company. I am suprised he has had this much patience up to now.

Same thing with LG when he broke 450RWHP with his G5X2 cam, people kept ******* him and he eventually blew his top.

I don't think people really appreciate or understand the kind of manpower, time, aggrevation that goes into R&D, and then on top of that having someone come online and dog you for your hard work? And STILL offering to fix a mess he's not responsible for for FREE! geezuz where does it end?

Kudos to you Rob for having this much patience!!
Old 08-14-2003, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

I can see where I can rub people the wrong way. And that is my fault, because of exactly what sscam68 said. I try to stay busy at the shop, and stay off the boards. Everytime someone makes a flame post against us, somebody else calls or emails to tell me. Then I usually ignore it for a few more days, hoping it will go away. By that time, it's 2,3,4 or more pages long. Then I post facts to defend myself, but few people seem to care at that point. Why? Because it so much easier to believe the bad stuff, than the good stuff. So then I do get frustrated.

Go back and read some of MM, RICE ETR, and Warbird's posts about how our kit is not efficient. The crossover is too small to make power. The log is too restrictive. The wastegate is in the wrong location. Our intercooler causes the car to run hot.The passenger side factory manifold is too restrictive to make power. And on and on! So what do we do? Last week we put the entire kit on my car and made 704rwhp/760rwtq (new numbers from today's tuning session), and run a 9.86 in the 1/4! With those same restrictive pieces they were complaining about! And my car doesn't run hot either. So how can that be?? It's simple...the problem IS NOT WITH OUR KIT, period.

So yes, I do get upset and tired of defending myself. But who wouldn't at this point?

Thanks to those of you who have understood and supported us from the beginning. And to those of you who haven't, all I ask is that you read all of the facts and judge for yourselves.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Re: LS1 Motorsports / QMP Turbo Z28 Update: Stock Cubes, 700RWHP
#665139 - 08/14/03 02:00 AM
Go to bed Rob! Geesh! 2am! I thought I was the only crazy gear head that stays up that late...

I need to call you tomorrow and ask a couple questions on my turbo kit. Hope you'll be in to take a call.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:41 AM
On The Tree

Actually, it's almost 3:30am here. Give me a call late afternoon/early evening. We're installing another lift in the shop tomorrow. It'll take the better part of the day I'm sure.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

MightyMouse -

After at least half dozen PM's of trying to explain to you, and asking you guys to work out your issues independent of this board, you weave your situation back into every thread that comes up.

You have made your issues known, and repeated arguments about the same thing over and over are not productive.

To those that think Raymer is sharp in his responses, you may not know that this argument started on another board (where these two guys are moderators and should have their act together), and when that board's admin and moderators would no longer tolerate it, it was brought over here.

That is a degrading, disrespectful misuse of this Forum.

If further posts with questions about this kit's performance can proceed in this thread, fine. Even questions about the cracking are fine with me. I'd be curious, too. Just ask the questions and don't run the issue in the ground. Those who have not purchased this turbo kit, if you don't accept the vendors explanation and warnings about what is covered by warranty and what is not, you are warned up front and don't buy the kit.

And while such high-hp claims justify posting a dyno sheet, that over and over whining about it appears childish in the extreme. Rob explained all the things happening in his personal life (which he shouldn't have to) and trying to run a shop. Asking for the sheet once and maybe a polite reminder after a couple days is enough. It was asked for FIVE TIMES in a 36 hour peroid, three of those times within six hours of each other. Don't be a nag. Sheesh!

Since when did we have to babysit this forum so much? I thought we had more maturity than that on this board.

The fact is, I've gotten emails and PMs where most agree that there is more to do with the way the kit was installed on MightyMouse's car, than with the kit. It is fine that MM made his case. We would want people to be aware of issues with any product, as long as the case is made objectively. Raymer rebutted his case. I don't want to get to the level of relaying publicly what the majority of forum members that are above arguing about this think (via PMs and email), or the admin and moderators of this forum think. Let's leave it to the level of MM and RR have made their points known and drop it now.

There is nothing more to be learned here. Move on. Forget it. Sayonara. Hasta la vista, baby.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn you FI guys get all huffed and puffed (sorry, couldn't resist )

Rob, if you need another test vehicle for your kit my '02 SS LE is completely stock

Tony
Old 08-14-2003, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

ADMIN here-

Mightymouse aks Dave you need to stop hijacking threads.

I'm not going to attack you but from my standpoint Rob has offered to work with you and you just sit on here and complain. Please refrain.

Rob, what do you think the car will run next time out?
Old 08-14-2003, 11:23 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rob it is important to me.. I just want to see tq and hp curves.. Thats all..
Old 08-14-2003, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

PSJ - an answer to your earlier question about towing with the Harley...yes, I do. It pulls great with an 18ft flatbed actually. I hope that next time out it will just do better than the 9.86.

Vince - If you have a fax, I can fax the graphs to you. For some reason, my scanner isn't working. (crappy part is, it's brand new) In fact, I can fax them to anyone right now and they can post them here.

Whatever happened to the guy that was going to post the videos???
Old 08-14-2003, 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya vid would be nice.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

admin, im sorry for interrupting the post.. i appologized once allready right before NB posted but i don't see it here anymore..???

pm'd you.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

1-Rob, I'm guessing you ran with 110 leaded gas?

2-Why not turn it up and run straight C16? How much more power do you think you would pick up?

3-So that crank is a billet 3.622 stroke?

4-I'ts very cool to see what your setup is doing with a longblock similar to mine, Harlan's or Scott's... I am surprised it does not peak higher, do you think a 116-117 LSA would push the peak up a lot? Is it worth it?

Man I love that Harley truck I need to save up so I can get one.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Shorty Director

I will PM you Rob with my fax #. I in/out and I did not leave the fax on at home..
Old 08-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Shorty Director

Rob Raymer you have mail.. I will leave my fax on..
Old 08-14-2003, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

oil temps ?