Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just fired up my APS 35th LE today

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just fired up my APS 35th LE today

If i had a gun earlyer today after i fired up my baby ,I would have put the gun in my mouth and ended it right then and there in my buddys garage LOL!!I filled the tranny up part way and filled the rad with that Evans coolant and turned the key and she came to life like that!!sounded like a totaly diffrent beast !!She actually sounded like a machine LOL!!A well oiled machime at that LOL Then,,,,,,, all of the sudden,,,,,It happened ,out of the blue,,, i notice, PINK!! ******* **** in my overflow !@!!Trany fluid mixed in with my clear colored Evans coolant is what it wasIt was mixing in my brand new Be Cool racing rad that i paid $1300 for LOL!!and this pink **** was now all threw my engine coolant and threw my $3500 Rossler tranny!! I drained everthing and gotta call Evans monday to see what they got to say about this **** in my tranny???I didnt go threw any gears or anything and it was only running for maybe 4 or 5 ,minutes. Anyways, I called summit and there gonna get me a new rad and try and get all my fluids replaced including the $50 a gallon Evans **** LOL Has any of you ever heard of this happening to anybody else? EVER??? So now ,I gotta tear the front of the car bacjk ofvf to get to the rad I think the only thing keeping me from chewing on the gun LOL Was hearing her burr for 4 or 5 minutes with just a Y pipe too!!Man I got a wood LOL!!Let me know what you guys think of these Evans **** going threw a tranny ???Im thinking because its a oiul type base !Im thinking it was better then anti freez going threw the tranny LOL!!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

wow did you hook the lines in backwards? iv never heard of this happening before?
Old 06-07-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

There was two outlets or females on ther left side of my Be Cool radiator for the tranny lines and one on the right for a sensor.Even my buddy Jay said somthing the day i received it, that they;((Be Cool)) must have switched where they now put there tranny lines in at!! .. Its almost like there is no cores welded to these openings on mine to keep them seperate as two seperate systems!! Im thinking they sent me one for a manual that happened to have an extra bung up top!!The reason i say this is becase my buddys Be Cool manual radiator has the same type bung on the bottom left as mine,but is plugged and has none above it like mine does!! Now ,Jays other 2 auto tranys, ((Be Cool's)) has the tranny line openings on the right side ((on both)) of his auto F body Be Cool radiators LOL Its messed up!! I ordered a Be Cool radiator for my auto F body and get a rad with 2 openings for tranny lines!! Your normal person or builder isnt going to say to himself Huhmm Yea We better cheak to make sure these two systems dont leak into each other LOL!! You know what im saying here guys LOL Im just worryed about this Evans stuff hurting my tranny internals Seals and such!!

Last edited by barnat; 06-07-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Dude, thats freakin horrible. I hate to hear that happen to you. You should replace the rad, instead of trying to use only a remote tranny cooler alone. Hope you get it all sorted out soon and get it fired back up and running correctly.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Aps

Originally Posted by RUNINHOT
Dude, thats freakin horrible. I hate to hear that happen to you. You should replace the rad, instead of trying to use only a remote tranny cooler alone. Hope you get it all sorted out soon and get it fired back up and running correctly.
I just did a search on tranny coolers and amost everbody recomended by passing the radiater all together for the tranny and after today!!LOL!! im one for the books on this !! LOL Im actually looking at the B & M Supercooler with the built in fan which is like $220 from summit ,plus i have the larger B & M pan on already ?? Its just such a pain in the *** to take everthing back off the front of this Camaro includeing the nose piece ,intercooler, etc,to pull a rad that i might not even use for the tranny cooling now!! Im confused a bit? During my search, i might do the Dope style install where the cooler is mounted vertically in the front corner infront of ther air dam .Let me know what your guys thoughts are ((my APS brothers))You guys know whats involved with taking a rad back out !!LOL Should i !!Or Shouldnt i???
Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you got the wrong radiator (not on your part, but either the reseller, or on Be Cool's side). You can see the coils going down on just looking into the cap on my Howe 2 core, it was a little cheaper than your Be Cool ($1000). I was worried that the cores may have a small hole or something, but I'm OCD and it seems to be a great quality piece

Sorry to hear of your luck, hopefully there is no damage.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

That sucks..... I think the external cooler is the way to go....
Old 06-08-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pinky93
That sucks..... I think the external cooler is the way to go....
Thats what im doing After thinking about it all night and do a tech search ,im better off by passing the rad all together Im probsably gonna run a summit B & M Super cooler DOPE STYLE with a fan on it for added protection The more i think about it the more im glad i ran the Evans because of its oil base construction verses antifreeze running threw my tnanny LOL Will see I guess Im calling Evan s first thing in the morning Like 8:01 AM LOL!! **** like this will make you loose speep at night LOL
Old 06-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Teching In

that really blows man but atleast you caught it early before any damage was really done! thats the real important thing
Old 06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EvilGTO
that really blows man but atleast you caught it early before any damage was really done! thats the real important thing
Yea ,Thanks man!! It got me thinking though?? I wonder how many guys have lost a BUILT $$$$ tranny because of a pin hole in one of the cores that was letting the coolant/tranny fliuds to mix and burn out ba tranny or a $500 evans water pump???Maybe i was luck being s this happened on start up and not on my way to myrtal beach week
Old 06-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by barnat
Yea ,Thanks man!! It got me thinking though?? I wonder how many guys have lost a BUILT $$$$ tranny because of a pin hole in one of the cores that was letting the coolant/tranny fliuds to mix and burn out ba tranny or a $500 evans water pump???Maybe i was luck being s this happened on start up and not on my way to myrtal beach week
exactly, i mean this could have hosed the entire setup, the pump, seals, the trans, everything i mean seriously i would say that the fact you caught it so early was as close to gods blessing as you can get when you have a problem like this!

GL, and i definetly would think an independant trans cooler would be far far far safer
Old 06-08-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

I'd call Rossler as well. I would think your tranny and torque converter are completely full of evans coolant right now if you haven't drained it. Also, flush your motor out or you will get tranny fluid forever in your cooling system and new radiator. I'd at least start with just water only when your ready to go again and make sure everything is clean, then drain the block and rad and add evans.

Sorry to hear that, id be pissed to!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanZ28
I'd call Rossler as well. I would think your tranny and torque converter are completely full of evans coolant right now if you haven't drained it. Also, flush your motor out or you will get tranny fluid forever in your cooling system and new radiator. I'd at least start with just water only when your ready to go again and make sure everything is clean, then drain the block and rad and add evans.

Sorry to hear that, id be pissed to!
lol!! 8:01 TOMORROW MORNING!!!
First thing, Im gonna call Evans first thing,tell him what happened and go from there. Evans has and sells a special liquid cleaner flush thats supposed to remove any dirt and water in your ststem before you add the evans coolant.HOPEFULLY!!this is what he'll recomend to flush the engine turbo stuff out. This Evans coolant, which cannot be mixed with water in any amount , beings it a oil base product is the **** in my book, which im sure all you guys know why!! What i noticed yesterday while hoseing this PINK!!!FUC$%#NG **** off my garage floor (Tranny /Evans mix) was it cuagulated or clumped up sorta on the floor while being hosed off eyes: So that right there tells me that flushing the engine and turbo & turbio lines with water alone isnt gonna do it !!and actually may worsen the(( **** ! U ! ATION )) LOL!! Now the tranny,!! im pretty sure since running for only 4 to 5 minutes max! is fine and being we dint shift her during this time, im beating she'll be fine UNLESS this Evans coolent doesnt like tranny clutches ,which is why ill be calling Carl Rossler tomorrow morning as well ,He may say pull it and bring it back to me and thats EXACTLY what ill door he may say flush it with clean tranny fliud ,and thats what ill do . Now,either summit or Be Cool will foot this bill Im beating Be Cool will be responsible. I actually couldnt sleep last night and keep thinking that the fuc# could have happened ?? and i think i know!!, and tell me what you guys think!! We actually have a LT1 car in the garage with mine and i poped the hood and looked at its Be Cool rad this morning and long behold ,,,its got the same exact radiator as mine, with even the tranny ports all being in the same spots too. Now, doesnt the LT1 use these ports on the radiator tranny to run the coolant back to the oil filter area for cooling the oil or something???
Thats what my buddy says, On the LT1, the lines from the tranny are coolant antifreez lines which run back towards the block and cool the oil back at the block!!Is this true????If it is ? thats why my **** was mixing on me!! Let me know what you guys know about the LT1 coolant lines on the rad?????Thanks Barnat

Last edited by barnat; 06-08-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

man good luck with everthing
Old 06-08-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Thanks guys

Ill let you guys know what Evans says about flushing and stuff and what Rossler has to say about the tranny ,just for GP incase this happens to one of you someday with the Evans coolant God forbid This Evans **** is some nasty stuff ,you get alittle on your hands LOL!!Youll know it It get hot really quick on the skin,I mean really quick!!LOL!!If ever messen with it make sure theres a hose or water near by !!
Old 06-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Normaly if this happens, the trans fluid is at higher pressure and will go into the radiator only. I haven't seen the coolant get into the radiator.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1966goat
Normaly if this happens, the trans fluid is at higher pressure and will go into the radiator only. I haven't seen the coolant get into the radiator.
The rad was pretty well much filled when we fired up my engine!!it was allready full of the Evans coolant!!!!So when the tranny pump started pumping tranny fliud threw the tranny lines,which were screwed into the drivers side of the Be Cool rad, it would have just been pushing straight coolant back into the tranny,((!! mixing!! ))on its waythere!! and definatly in the tranny its self!!,,,, being one lines on the bottom of the rad and the other is on the top !!!It was just pushing pure Evans coolant into my tranny via the other tranny line and mixing in the tranny and in the radiator They, Be Cool sent me a wrong radiator in an LS1 auto F body box!! Be
The LT1' s use the drivers side bungs which i used for tranny lines,are used on the LT1 for coolant transfer back to the LT1s block as an oil cooler!! Thats what happened, and Be Cool said there gonna take care of me !!**** My whole engine/tranny has to come back out!! the converter needs to go back to percesion and be cut in half /cleaned and rewelded back together the tranny needs totaly torn down and redone as will the engine if this mix of evans and tranny fluid made it way past the thermistate,,, which we dont think even opened ??? Hopefully not !!My Evans water pump needs to go back and be gone threw, new seals ETC .All of my turbo & coolant lines need to be taken off and cleaned EVERY FUCKEN THING NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OFF AND GONE THREW EVERTHING:bang : I actually cryed today when my wife asked me if i was OK this morning LOL!!Not balling, just fustrated tears LOL!! Im sure you guys know what im talking about .Man, ive worked and saved every dime ive had ,for the past 3 years to do this build and to have something as STUPID !!! As a Be Cool employer not paying attention or maybe he was, and was getting back at the man!! LOLto put a wronge rad in the wrong box could do so much harm to a to somebodys ****!! Redoing everthing thats taken you a month to do LOL. O well, At least Be Cool sounded like they were gonna take care of me ?? Im sending pics of the rad to them tonight after my wife getts home. I keep thinking it could have been worse !! it really could have guys?? It could have been a tiny hole that would went unnoticed at first fire up and could have slowly damaged EVERTHING and Be Cool would have NEVER, EVER,covered it then !!! So ,Everthing happens for a reason ,I believe Im trying to belive LOL!!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

That sucks!! Sounds like Be Cool is going to take care of there mistake. Good luck! Your set up looks great my fellow APS brother!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

That does suck. Evans is thick like oil, so hopefully everything will be OK once cleaned out. What a big nightmare of a job.