Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What all do you have to do when putting a F1 on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What all do you have to do when putting a F1 on?

What all do you have to do when putting a F1 on? Can I keep the stock fans and if not what fans should I get? This will be a DD 6spd car and will be using the SDCE 8 rib set up. Do I have to move the radiator up or cut anything to make the 90* with the K&N filter to fit? Is there a big diff between the F1A and the F1C and if so what?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I 'll answer one of the questions: Hell no you cannot keep the stock fans. Its super tight in there with the p1sc/d1sc as it is. To fit an F1A and stock fans would for sure require some great fabbing and deleting of a/c.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
I 'll answer one of the questions: Hell no you cannot keep the stock fans. Its super tight in there with the p1sc/d1sc as it is. To fit an F1A and stock fans would for sure require some great fabbing and deleting of a/c.
Who makes the best fans?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The F1 is alot bigger than the D1. I just did a F1-c and we moved the radiator forward about 5-6" and ran 3 fans with a custom radiator shroud.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
The F1 is alot bigger than the D1. I just did a F1-c and we moved the radiator forward about 5-6" and ran 3 fans with a custom radiator shroud.
Moving it foward, was that alot of work? I thought with the F1A you just had to shave something if that just to get the air filter inlet. Hey Bob at EPP what did you do to get your F1A to fit and what fans did you go with? I will running your FMIC kit with this set up. Would I have to do diff stuff to make the F1C fit?

Last edited by jeremym; 06-15-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by jeremym
Moving it foward, was that alot of work? I thought with the F1A you just had to shave something if that just to get the air filter inlet.
But you won't keep the stock fans. Take a look at a Procharged car. There is hardly any room.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:43 AM

Who makes the best fans?
Best fans I don't know. But I run a 9" on the drivers side, the Procharger 16" on the right side, an 11" on the a/c condensor, and a fan on the Perma Cool tranny cooler.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moving it forward, was that a lot of work? I thought with the F1A you just had to shave something if that just to get the air filter inlet. Hey Bob at EPP what did you do to get your F1A to fit and what fans did you go with? I will running your FMIC kit with this set up. Would I have to do diff stuff to make the F1C fit?

The F-1A has the same 9.0" volute (overall) diameter as the D-1SC and P-1SC. It is only approx .38 longer in length. The ProCharger supplied fan assembly works with the F-1A. You could cut the bottom radiator support off the car and relocate it forward and keep your oem fan assembly.

The F-1C has a larger 9.75" volute diameter and is longer in length. The ProCharger bracket assembly would need to be braced to use the F-1C, as it will tend to flex.

Here are pictures of my F-1A. Bob

Quick Reply: What all do you have to do when putting a F1 on?