Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How badly will a 3" exhaust choke my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:21 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How badly will a 3" exhaust choke my setup?

I currently have a 3" Y pipe off my long tubes going to a flowmaster 3" to 4" Y, then going to a magnaflow 4" race muffler dumped at the axle. Its still pretty loud. It scares people when I jump on it, and I'm not saying that to sound like one of these morons with his open header'd 200 HP shitbox, I mean it makes people jump. Hell, it made me jump when I watched it on the dyno and I was ready for it! I wanna shut it up a bit, so I'm wondering how bad a single 3" (like a regular cat back) would choke it? I'm making 740 RWHP now, I wouldn't mind losing a few HP to not wake the neighbors when I get home.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sell it to me! JK! I would try differnt mufflers I dont think u will lose that much hp. Oh put a cut out befor the new muffler,
Old 06-24-2008, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any exhaust that makes people jump is ok in my book. Hell if I could shoehorn dual 3.5" under my car with bullets and dumps I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Route the exhaust like you want it than put an electric cutout in it before the mufflers. Best of both worlds with a flip of a switch. This is what I have and love it. Can even tone your own exhaust with it partially open to your own needs.

Quick Reply: How badly will a 3" exhaust choke my setup?