Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who's running straight alchohol?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who's running straight alchohol?

Just trying to find out who is running straight alchohol that converted from race gas with a big forced induction motor (thinking big single turbo guys).... and how you like it so far....

Any issues or things that irritate you about it????? My next project is going to focus around a big single turbo (probably the FI 94X or the 94X with the billet wheel)... I'd like to be able to keep compression up a bit (maybe 11.5:1 or 12:1????) while running alchohol..... What else can i get rid of if i'm runnin alky? Some said no requirements for cooling anymore? Is that completely true???? And is intercooling required if runnin alchohol???? I'm a nitrous guy so turbo's are somewhat new to me and alchohol is COMPLETELY new other than a few big boys out here that I know that run it.....

I do know I'll need a HUGE fuel pump and probably 16 injectors.... I'd like to try and make about 1200RWHP with a 383...... possible? Impossible??? opinions????
Old 09-18-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With alchohol you dont need a radaitor nor intercooler. here is a thread I started that will give you some info https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...327&highlight= A friend i know posted in sharing his info. He is blowtru on alky with a small block high compression motor running twin 76's. Car has almost instant spool. Biggest isssue is the power comes on wayyyyy to fast.

I plan to do a stock bore filled block with 13:1 stock heads stock cam and blow tru with a 106MM
Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

My opinion....keep it gas. That Q16 is some bad ****. I'd go with a 106mm and back the compression down. You should be able to reach you power goals with that. If you were shooting for 3k hp, then I might lean towards alcohol.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:00 AM
9 Second Club

Hmmmmm a 106???? Holy crap...... I was thinking I could make an easy 1200hp with a 94mm.....

Aren't there several single turbo guys with smaller than 94mm turbo's making over 1100-1200 at the wheels????

I'd like to run alchohol to be able to keep compression up but ultimately i'll be freshening the motor anyway so new pistons CAN happen...... It would probably be stupid to keep the motor in the bay without refreshing it and just adding the turbo piping and all the other crap.... Probably should just freshen it and put it back in with 8.5:1 slugs...

So what is the downside of alchohol for the guy who wanted me to keep it gas? Doesn't seem like there are a lot of cons other than the fuel volume demands....