Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Walbro pump wiring

Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Walbro pump wiring

Is there anything special that has to be done? All that came with the pump was a plug in for the pump. I cut and butt connected and wrapped with heat shrink to match up to the old wiring. This is for my 98.

I have my 1 bar tune with a 2 bar map installed so this may be the reason this occurs. But I crank the car, it starts for a second and the fuel pressure drops to zero. After it cuts off, the pump primes back up to 58 psi.

Anyone ever have this problem or is my problem with the tune and there is a fuel cutoff point. I'm waiting for my interface to show up so I can change it, its been over a week since the order and I haven't heard anything back from them. So I'm seeing if the pump wiring is a possible screw up so I can fix that while I wait.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC, if the PCM sees a potentially fatal error, it cuts spark and fuel, which is what yours sounds like.
If I understand the 2 bar/1 bar sensor correctly, you are sending out 1/2 the voltage that the PCM expects. Possible issue, since you normally start the vehicle with no throttle, which lowers the voltage even more (not full atmospheric pressure).
Have you tried swapping out the sensors and putting the 1 bar sensor back in?
AFA the Walbro, electrically it's just two wires, right? Just power and ground. Hard to believe that could be an issue.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
IIRC, if the PCM sees a potentially fatal error, it cuts spark and fuel, which is what yours sounds like.
If I understand the 2 bar/1 bar sensor correctly, you are sending out 1/2 the voltage that the PCM expects. Possible issue, since you normally start the vehicle with no throttle, which lowers the voltage even more (not full atmospheric pressure).
Have you tried swapping out the sensors and putting the 1 bar sensor back in?
AFA the Walbro, electrically it's just two wires, right? Just power and ground. Hard to believe that could be an issue.
Thats what I figured for the pump. I'm just trying to eliminate things while I'm waiting on the software to arrive. The only thing electronically that I've changed are the map sensor, fuel pump, and added gauges. I'm not going to waste my time trying to put the 1 bar back in, I'll just get it straight when hp tuners finally gives me my upgrade.

Search this Thread