Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need help with new fuel rails...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with new fuel rails...

Ok I have a few pictures to help with what I need.

I basically need to find out what I am going to need to make my fuel rails hook up in my 98 Z28. I bought these from the same guy I bought my engine off of, but it didn't come with the fittings I need to make them work in my car.
I think I'm in need of a FEMALE Quick Disconnect Fitting and I Don't Know what else. Any help would be appreciated....Also do I need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and what about the return? How does the lines need to be routed from the rails. And is the smaller line on the framerail in the first picture the return or ??? I'm confused as hell. Thanks for ANY HELP!

James

BTW here are the pics I have so far. Feel free to ask questions if your confused....

On this picture you can see the factory fuel lines. I need the fittings to connect here on Both of those metal lines and then make them fit to my fuel lines coming from the fuel rails...

Here is how the fuel lines that are on the fuel rails look Right Now...

Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

If the car is stock the smaller line is the EVAP line going to the charcoal canister. It is a vent line for the fuel tank and needs to go to the fitting on the intake just behind the TB with your factory purge solenoid in line.

You do need a quick connect fitting on the drivers side fuel rail and remove the line on the pass side and plug that side of the rail. No need for a reg. it is in the tank with the pump.

Nate
Old 02-05-2009, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Thank you very much for the help Nate. I sent you an e-mail too. BTW I didn't see this thread until after I sent you an email. So don't worry about explaining it to me again. lol I was just unsure about the regulator thats why I asked.
I'll wait on your call and I'll order the quick connect fitting.

Thank You again for all your help!

James