Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

p0200 can't figure it out.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default p0200 can't figure it out.

mods you can move this if its not the right section. we installed a ls1 383 into a 97 gmc pickup. run good but it has a p0200 code that won't go away. we have power on all the pink injector wires. all injectors read 16.8to 16.3 ohms. he hooked up the meter to the positive side of the bat and to the ground side of the injectors and it had 6 vdc. but when we read ground for ohms it reads open. truck runs good with the code but won't set fuel trims. i tuned the code out and it set fuel trims but it added a ton of fuel. that made it run like butt. so i set the code back reset fuel trims and now it better. the left bank run lean and the right bank more normal. so i suspect it in the left bank. also the spark on the plug wires is good when tested with a spark tester. so whats next??
Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"he hooked up the meter to the positive side of the bat and to the ground side of the injectors and it had 6 vdc. but when we read ground for ohms it reads open."

Batt + to the neg side of the inj is not a complete circuit, unless that inj is firing. [PCM takes the injs to grnd, to fire them.]
Key on, should show 12vdc, from pos side of inj to grnd.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:39 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the point i was trying to make. it should not read any voltage if there is no ground. it does have 12vdc on the pos side.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: p0200 can't figure it out.